Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • grayson
    • By grayson 13th Mar 18, 12:43 PM
    • 43Posts
    • 1Thanks
    grayson
    February and March missed payments on Barclaycard
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:43 PM
    February and March missed payments on Barclaycard 13th Mar 18 at 12:43 PM
    Hi all hope you can help?
    I have just checked my Barclaycard app and I have missed 2 payments of a credit card I thought I'd played off. The sum is £6. I usually setup direct debit for everything. However, not for this for some reason. I have phoned Barclay card and late payments have been reported to credit score companies. This is the first time i have ever failed a payment. So my question is how will the affect my credit score? Was thinking of getting a new 3 piece suite on interest free credit in the summer. Is this now impossible? Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Mar 18, 12:56 PM
    • 17,225 Posts
    • 18,307 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:56 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:56 PM
    The late payments will be visible to lenders, who will take their own view on it. Obviously it's not good, but it needs to be viewed within the context of your wider history.

I'd imagine sofa stores have fairly low standards when it comes to credit.

Your credit score is fictional, so ignore that.
    • grayson
    • By grayson 13th Mar 18, 1:01 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    grayson
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:01 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:01 PM
    The late payments will be visible to lenders, who will take their own view on it. Obviously it's not good, but it needs to be viewed within the context of your wider history.

I'd imagine sofa stores have fairly low standards when it comes to credit.

Your credit score is fictional, so ignore that.
    Originally posted by zx81
    Will it also effect my current credit card deals? As the credit cards I have send me good deals on balance transfers.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Mar 18, 1:03 PM
    • 17,225 Posts
    • 18,307 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:03 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:03 PM
    It won't affect any current promotions you are on.

It could impact the availability of further offers.
    • Emily Joy
    • By Emily Joy 14th Mar 18, 12:12 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    Emily Joy
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:12 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:12 AM
    It won't affect any current promotions you are on.
    Originally posted by zx81
    Is this true? I would have thought that any deal related to the Barclaycard in question will now come to the end.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Mar 18, 5:19 AM
    • 17,225 Posts
    • 18,307 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:19 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:19 AM
    It will effect any deals on the account the payments were missed on, but I read the question as being more generally about the OPs wider cards.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,837Posts Today

8,390Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin