Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 19th Apr 12, 2:19 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    Share your stories on PPI Reclaiming claims handlers
    • 19th Apr 12, 2:19 PM
    Share your stories on PPI Reclaiming claims handlers 19th Apr 12 at 2:19 PM
    Please let us know about your experiences - good or bad - of using PPI Reclaiming claims management companies.

How to report your story...

1. Click reply to enter your views. It's free to post but you do need to register.

2. Let us know the following:
    • Why you decided to use a claims handler
    • Were you happy with the service
    • How much were you claiming and how much did you get to keep
    • Anything else you want to tell us

Please do NOT post questions in this thread. Questions can be asked in the PPI reclaiming discussion thread where, although not guaranteed, it is more likely somebody may be able to help you.

Would you be happy to talk to the press? If you're willing to tell your story to the papers, tv or both please e-mail casestudy@moneysavingexpert.com (sorry but we can't answer questions at this email address) with a daytime phone number and where you live.
Page 1
  • calw
    • 19th Apr 12, 9:31 PM
    • 19th Apr 12, 9:31 PM
    2. Let us know the following:
    Why you decided to use a claims handler .... to be honest I never thought about trying to complain myself and with all the recent press I'd heard thought this the best route, I honestly thought a claims handler would have more success than going alone, I went with 121 after quickly realising there 15% + vat rate was much cheaper than a lot of other claim handlers. I stumbled across this site after I'd signed all the paperwork with 121 giving them the go ahead to complain on my behalf

Were you happy with the service .. in all fairness yes I was, they kept my updated throughout and were always more than helpful and friendly when I spoke to them, I didn't have any issue what so ever

How much were you claiming and how much did you get to keep...1075.87 I got to keep 882.21 after 121 took of there payment....

Anything else you want to tell us.. I'm just annoyed after signing the paperwork for the claims handler I realised they couldn't really have done anything more than I could have done myself.. I now have complains in with Tescos Egg/Barcalycard and cap one with the help of this site I cannot stress enough how fab and helpful this site is and without your help I more than likely would have used the same claims handler to deal with my other ppi complaints, thankfully I thought I'll see how we get on with the smaller one before I think about complaining about the others
    Last edited by calw; 19-04-2012 at 9:33 PM.
  • chuckl1es
    • 12th May 12, 9:17 AM
    • 12th May 12, 9:17 AM
    Used a CMC and was very happy, did exactly what they said they would and I wasn't interested in doing it myself.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th May 12, 9:18 AM
    • 20,465 Posts
    • 11,344 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th May 12, 9:18 AM
    • 12th May 12, 9:18 AM
    I wasn't interested in doing it myself.
    Originally posted by chuckl1es
    How much of your redress did you lose as a result?
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 12th May 12, 10:35 AM
    • 9,086 Posts
    • 5,584 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    • 12th May 12, 10:35 AM
    • 12th May 12, 10:35 AM
    Used a CMC and was very happy, did exactly what they said they would and I wasn't interested in doing it myself.
    You are on the wrong site. You want MoneyWASTINGExpert.com
  • chuckl1es
    • 12th May 12, 9:40 PM
    • 12th May 12, 9:40 PM
    How much of your redress did you lose as a result?
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    I didn't loose any, I got money I wouldn't have otherwise got.
  • chuckl1es
    • 12th May 12, 9:42 PM
    • 12th May 12, 9:42 PM
    You are on the wrong site. You want MoneyWASTINGExpert.com
    Originally posted by magpiecottage
    Why am I on the wrong side ? I looked on here and didn't like the idea of doing it myself, found it a lot easier just to pay someone to do it for me, just like with a lot of things in life.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th May 12, 10:16 PM
    • 20,465 Posts
    • 11,344 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th May 12, 10:16 PM
    • 12th May 12, 10:16 PM
    I got money I wouldn't have otherwise got.
    No, you got some money and gave the rest to someone who did little more than put a stamp on your complaint form.
  • chuckl1es
    • 12th May 12, 10:43 PM
    • 12th May 12, 10:43 PM
    No, you got some money and gave the rest to someone who did little more than put a stamp on your complaint form.
    That's life i'm afraid........paid 22 for a bottle of wine last night in a restaurant that probably cost 4 and all the waiter did was pop the cork.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th May 12, 10:45 PM
    • 20,465 Posts
    • 11,344 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    That's life i'm afraid........paid 22 for a bottle of wine last night in a restaurant that probably cost 4 and all the waiter did was pop the cork.
    You've just made my "ignore list".
    Carry on promoting CMCs, I won't be reading.
  • chuckl1es
    You've just made my "ignore list".
    Carry on promoting CMCs, I won't be reading.
    I'm not promoting them, just wonder why so many people are against them because Mr Lewis says so, yet at least they don't hide their incomes !
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 13th May 12, 12:57 AM
    • 9,086 Posts
    • 5,584 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    Why am I on the wrong side ? I looked on here and didn't like the idea of doing it myself, found it a lot easier just to pay someone to do it for me, just like with a lot of things in life.
    Next time you want a stamp put on an envelope please let me know.

Special offer to new customers - 75% discount. Yes that is just 250 instead of my usual 1000.

Sadly, the stamps are now peel-off and stick and I can now longer offer to have them wetted by Champagne, Brandy or Single Malt.
    Last edited by magpiecottage; 16-06-2012 at 8:42 PM.
  • chuckl1es
    I went to a mortgage broker (an IFA), he sold me a duff mortgage, he didn't even fill in the mortgage application form or put a stamp on it but I trusted his advice because he was "qualified".
  • chuckl1es
    Interesting you haven't answered, why is that ? I see you are a consultant 'to help Independent Financial Advisers to comply with their rules and resolve complaints'.

Two questions;-
    1) Why do IFA"s have to pay a consultant to help them comply, can't they do that themselves, after all they have taken exams and should know what they are doing ?
    2) Do they get that many complaints that they need to employ a consultant ?

It seems to be very easy to jump on the bandwagon and criticise other industries when its clear many others are very poor themselves. I think the phrase 'pots and kettles' spring to mind.
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 16th May 12, 2:47 PM
    • 9,086 Posts
    • 5,584 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    1) Why do IFA"s have to pay a consultant to help them comply, can't they do that themselves, after all they have taken exams and should know what they are doing ?
    Because the FSA keeps changing rules retrospectively in favour of consumers.

2) Do they get that many complaints that they need to employ a consultant ?
    Sadly yes - largely as a result of spurious complaints from ambulance chasers.

It seems to be very easy to jump on the bandwagon and criticise other industries
    It is when they submit complaints about policies that never existed.

It is when they claim rules were broken three or more years before those rules ever existed.

It is when they allege a policy could never have paid as much as the premium paid when a premium of around 100 had the potential to pay in excess of 500,000.

It is when they tell you they can get a better outcome than if you did it yourself.

It is when if you use their services you must still complete the self same form that you can download from the Financial Ombudsman Service and send off yourself.

And that last issue is really my point. You have to complete exactly the same form. If necessary, you can call FOS (on a freephone number) and they will fill it in for you, free, and send it to you to sign. So the necessary effort and expense for you is exactly the same.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam5; 13-03-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Personal abuse
  • InsiderTrader
    Could I just point out that many of the PPI Claims Management businesses are being operated by ex-Loan Brokers who mis-sold PPI in the first place.
  • a4a
    You've confused the hell out of me magpie, you seem to be jumping from personal injury, to ppi reclaiming to IFA's. Why should IFA's get a large number of complaints because of 'ambulance chasers' ?
  • a4a
    Could I just point out that many of the PPI Claims Management businesses are being operated by ex-Loan Brokers who mis-sold PPI in the first place.
    Originally posted by InsiderTrader
    Interesting ! Is this true ? They should be exposed. Were these Loan Brokers FSA/IFA people ?
  • chuckl1es
    You've confused the hell out of me magpie, you seem to be jumping from personal injury, to ppi reclaiming to IFA's. Why should IFA's get a large number of complaints because of 'ambulance chasers' ?
    Originally posted by a4a
    Confused you ? Totally baffled me !
    Lots of comments there that remind me of people like IFA's, Accountants, Lawyers and Bankers but I guess they are all pillars of society who wouldn't do anyone an injustice !
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 16th May 12, 9:41 PM
    • 20,465 Posts
    • 11,344 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Why should IFA's get a large number of complaints because of 'ambulance chasers' ?
    Originally posted by a4a
    He's talking about CMCs when he refers to "ambulance chasers". Lots of IFAs also sold PPI and so are also dealing with mis-selling complaints in the same way as the Big Lenders.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,314Posts Today

7,298Users online

Martin's Twitter