Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • typeractive
    • By typeractive 13th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    • 839Posts
    • 353Thanks
    typeractive
    PPI cut off points?
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    PPI cut off points? 13th Mar 18 at 9:31 PM
    Hello,

I'm typically new to the PPI investigation process having thought "ive not taken anything out that would qualify", however after checking my credit history I realised there could be a few things worth checking.

I have used the resolver tool on the MSE website though when I select certain companies they ask for information such as 'when did you take out a loan/finance' the only options are pre 2010. So does this mean that there is no chance of a PPI investigation with that company at all after 2010? Or is this a limitation of the resolver tool?

As it stands I have carried out a investigation per loan/mortgage/finance etc - is that the correct way to approach this?

Thanks
    "The future needs a big kiss"
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Mar 18, 9:49 PM
    • 17,230 Posts
    • 18,310 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:49 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:49 PM
    Not really. If you think you may have had PPI, just write directly to the lender.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    • 20,404 Posts
    • 11,309 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    After 2010, the vast majority of lenders no longer offered PPI.

It's logical, therefore, that finance from a later date won't have even had PPI and so Resolver is correct not to offer the opportunity to make a PPI complaint.

The exception is mortgage PPI, but that is still retailed today and is far more difficult to complain was mis-sold.
    If you think you may have had PPI, just write directly to the lender.
    Originally posted by zx81
    Not after 2010,of course.
    • typeractive
    • By typeractive 13th Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    • 839 Posts
    • 353 Thanks
    typeractive
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    After 2010, the vast majority of lenders no longer offered PPI.

It's logical, therefore, that finance from a later date won't have even had PPI and so Resolver is correct not to offer the opportunity to make a PPI complaint.

The exception is mortgage PPI, but that is still retailed today and is far more difficult to complain that it was mis-sold.
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    Thanks very much. I will see if anything comes back from the other submissions.
    "The future needs a big kiss"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,770Posts Today

8,117Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin