Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• alexonline
    Options
    A year with Avro and now over £200 in credit which is approx 6 months usage! Asked for them to refund it all but they refused, offering only £130 and a small reduction to our excessive monthly debits. My advice is steer well clear - this does not strike me as a company worth trusting.
  • Maxwell007
    Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    So why not just leave alex,
    are you in a fixed,
    are your DD very High,
    Y are they only offering to £130 !?!?
  • ScoobyZ
    ScoobyZ Posts: 487 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just switched here. Went smooth for me.
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been with AVRO over a year with no problems and at the end of the first year was in credit by the amount of the first DD they take in advance. Unlike other utilities I have been with this amount was not uses to reduce my payments in the second year That is why they will not refund all of your £200 credit. It looks like they will always keep one DD payment in their bank account and is the price you pay for being on a very competitive tariff.
  • Gussey
    Gussey Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Changed to Avro Energy last month and have just realised that they have the same tariff for both the Day and Night meters.
    with SSE I was charged 15.25p/unit day and 7.3p/unit night I'm now charged 12.03p/unit for both.
    This was never pointed out when I made the change.
    I was just told I would save over£400 a year.
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gussey did you not read the tariff details or use a switching site using the fact that you are on E7? Its not something they hide. I don't know what you use economy 7 for but my main use now is for immersion heater in the 7 hours and I give it a boost in day time. Also use the tumble dryer ( and washing machine) in waking hours in view of the reported hazards with tumble dryers.
    But if you are not happy then switching from AVRO is free.
  • RL1_2
    RL1_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    All seems to have gone smoothly. When I switched I received an immediate welcome email and within a day I had an estimated switch date. A couple of days later a further email confirming that date (presumably after they had contacted my previous supplier). I had to give meter readings on the day of the switch of course, which I did. For safely I also logged in and entered the readings for my old supplier. The whole process took 3 weeks and the switch happened on the day.
    I have had the closing bills from my pld supplier and they have confirmed on what date they will be refunding my credit balance.
    Five stars!
  • quilting1965
    Options
    I switch gas & electricity all the time. This is the worst switch by far. I had an e mail this morning from Avro asking for metre readings as the switch had gone "smoothly" but in my account it would only accept the gas reading - no mention of electricity at all. 50 minutes wait on hold with Avro to speak to someone who told me I shouldn't have put my gas reading in until it goes live. Even though the email asked for the reading I should have been clairvoyant enough to know they didn't need it yet. Pretty rude woman on the phone. Not impressed so far.
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dont bother with them. They havent switched my GAS only my electric and they take forever to answer the phone and email takes a week!

Pay cheap buy twice... Shouldn't not have bothered tbh

They also take a payment BEFORE you have even switch!
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 May 2017 at 12:08PM
    Options
    disney_cjd wrote: »
    Pay cheap buy twice...

That doesn't apply to a metered supply such as gas or electricity.
    There should be no circumstances where you pay for the same metered energy twice.

Pay cheap ... and enjoy the money saved :money:
    disney_cjd wrote: »
    ...They also take a payment BEFORE you have even switch!

In line with the terms you agreed to?
    9.3.2 The Direct Debit will be taken 21 days after initial sign up and monthly thereafter.

6.1 We will begin the supply to you within 21 days of the day the cancellation period in clause 7 expires.

7.1 You may cancel the contract at any time within the 14 days following the date of your receipt of your Welcome Pack...
    https://www.avroenergy.co.uk/Terms.aspx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure