Freebies board chat thread

Options

Comments

• martymcfarty
    Options
    epm-84 wrote: »
    I'd suggest you queue at the 'The Studios' at MediaCity opposed to the The Lowry unless you want to see the play of 'Warhouse'.

Every show gets oversold so if the Metrolink fails, there's a crash on the Motorway or a virus going around meaning a lot of people can't make it then the show can still start on time with a full audience.

Are you down for the 5pm or 7.30pm recording? If you don't get in they may give you priority tickets for a future recording.

Its an 815 recording (wristbands given out from 750). Earliest we can get there is 630 or 7 (waiting for confirmation on a lift).
  • rightyouare
    rightyouare Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 26 December 2013 at 2:50PM
    Options
    I still haven't received any reply on my initial message here. Anyway, i've recently found a websites with freebies of casual games. Some of them are not up to date already, bt there are several really awesome games that you won't find anywhere else for free and in full version: toomky games. In other similar sources those games goes trials or paid.
    No sacrifice, no victory.:j
  • skintygerlinky
    skintygerlinky Posts: 417 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2014 at 2:07PM
    Options
    Hi All xx

Not sure if a thread like this has been started yet - bet it has!

How about us forum-ites pledge to refrain from buying books this year (whether new or second hand) and make a firm decision to use their local library instead?

My local library, in my average town, is simply brilliant. Plenty of books to choose from, knowledgeable and friendly staff members and plenty more going on besides!

For example, if I can't find the book I need I can order it in for 50p.
    If I fancy listening to some new music or watching a film or TV programme I've not seen before, I can hire a DVD for £1.
    If I need to use a computer I can do so for FREE.
    If I have any problems with said computer, I can ask for help for FREE.
    If I fancy learning a new skill, my library offers many courses for FREE.
    If I fancy browsing through magazines or newspapers, my library has loads every day for FREE.
    If I'm looking for a job or need to create or update a CV, my library will help me with this for FREE.
    If I want to know what's happening in my local area, no matter how old or young I am, my library has plenty of insider local info on offer for FREE.

And so on!! Let's hear it for local libraries folks - mine is amazing. Please please ensure you reap the full benefit of yours - you are saving money and protecting a valuable resource. We use them or lose them!!
    2014 Frugal Living Challenge
    #48 Crazy 2014 Clothes Challenge: £95.00/£100
    Number of read books/unread books: 9/56
    Number of new books bought in 2014: 1

Ain't nothin' goin' on but the rent
  • Eliza_2
    Eliza_2 Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From mine you can also download ebooks and audiobooks at home - why did I spend all that money on Audible?!!!
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great post. Our local library has loads for kids too - a dedicated childrens library, rhyme time, baby babble and reading challenges. Lovely :)
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lilian1977 wrote: »
    Great post. Our local library has loads for kids too - a dedicated childrens library, rhyme time, baby babble and reading challenges. Lovely :)

We have story tellers coming in for the kids.

Then for the adults i've done local history with expert speakers
    and trace your family tree.
    Excellent service.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • They have shut my local one and there was no notice. I live very near it and used it quite a bit.It had been there since my childhood and it a long time ago (I am 58 tomorrow). Such a shame.
  • skintygerlinky
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Carol! I encourage everyone to use their fab library as we will miss them if they go!
    2014 Frugal Living Challenge
    #48 Crazy 2014 Clothes Challenge: £95.00/£100
    Number of read books/unread books: 9/56
    Number of new books bought in 2014: 1

Ain't nothin' goin' on but the rent
  • bigoldmrt
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to all this. I know how you can get a £15 free bet but its through a referral site. Am i allowed to post the link?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bigoldmrt wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm new to all this. I know how you can get a £15 free bet but its through a referral site. Am i allowed to post the link?

Not on this board, the referalls board is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42
    You need to search that board to see if there is an ongoing thread for the particular company and if so, post there.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback