Auf Weidhersehen Debt

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's a real result on the insurance - although not the fortnight without. Could you bring the new start date forward?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just found your diary and have subscribed. Looking forward to cheering you on. :)

Minor sidenote - I'm German and the correct spelling would be "Auf Wiedersehen". Sorry couldn't help myself haha!
  • Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Moguline wrote: »
    Just found your diary and have subscribed. Looking forward to cheering you on. :)

Minor sidenote - I'm German and the correct spelling would be "Auf Wiedersehen". Sorry couldn't help myself haha!

I've just changed it, I appreciate you pointing it out actually!
  • Brookside88
    Options
    That's a real result on the insurance - although not the fortnight without. Could you bring the new start date forward?

Probably but I'm not sure I can be bothered :rotfl:
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Use topcashback when you change the insurance 30-100 quid to be had there easy

Good luck on your journey
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Use topcashback when you change the insurance 30-100 quid to be had there easy

Good luck on your journey

I tried but when I clicked through to do the quote via topcashback they wouldn't provide a quote despite me using exactly the same details as I had on the comparison site!
  • Brookside88
    Options
    afternoon all,

Having a deflated day today, it just feels like I'm not making any progress at the moment! It's been minimum payments again this month due to some unexpected (and some expected) expenses. Got a nice big nail in one of my 6 week old tyres last week (joy!) so that was £15 to fix which I can't complain about too much as it could have meant a whole new tyre but it's annoying none the less. Obviously it was toddlers 2nd birthday too which with all the will in the world I spent far too much on. My mum's birthday is next week so spend £25 on a stone mushroom (saddle stone?) for her garden because she's wanted one for ages.

My sister's wedding is in October which is the back ar*e of nowhere about 5 hours drive away. (Thanks sis!) so that's costing about 150 in accommodation in a shared air BNB with mum and some other guests.

I'm going to try and do a payment a day next month and see if I get on any better with that.

Surveys slow this month, I'm only up to £29 (48% of target) and it's the 19th already! Need to get my finger out.

£25 refund from L&G for the cancelled home & contents insurance hasn't materialized yet but apparently they said 5 working days so they still have time.

Sorry for the moan! Hopefully I'll feel more positive tomorrow
  • Brookside88
    Options
    afternoon all,

I getting fed up of always being so busy! I just never seem to stop and everything is a rush.

It was payday on Wednesday (hurrah). We're finally starting to make some headway in getting our joint account out of the red which is a step in the right direction.
    I was given a note at nursery this morning saying that i was £159 in arrears which I immediately knew wasn't right. They've broken it down by month so I've gone through it with a fine toothed comb and lo and behold I was right and there are no arrears other than that I haven't yet paid for this week which I knew about. It also turns out they were calculating his weekly fee as £128 for 2 and a half days when a day is £47 and a half day is £30 which equals £124 per week. I bet some people just pay whatever they tell them, glad I checked it and that I keep a record of what I've paid and when!

I've had to account for twice my usual diesel for this month as I'm taking the toddler to Devon to see the family on Thursday for a long weekend.

Up to £49.61 on the survey sites now, I think a tenner in 2 days will be a bit of a push though so I'll be happy with £55. I also have so much stuff piled up that I need to go through and put on fb marketplace, I just never seem to find the time. This weekend I will aim to make a start on it.

All in all I'm feeling far more positive this week (probably due to pay day!)
  • Brookside88
    Options
    evening!

Just a quickie. The bank have invited me to a financial health check on saturday which i'll go to out of curiosity.

I'm tempted to see if I can get a loan to consolidate the credit cards, I know this is perhaps not the cheapest way to go about it, but i like the idea of having my debt all in one place so its more manageable. Obviously they'd have to offer me a corker of a rate (like 3%) to make it worth considering, and i'd also be looking to overpay each month by around £50 on top of a £300-£400 repayment

Thoughts please?
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Its difficult, some people find it mentally easier to have all the debt in one place. Do you have the control to not develop new debts as a result of the relative freedom? Will it push the debt free date back by reducing monthly payments? What you often see on here is people consolidating like that and relaxing, which might be less stressful but it can lead to a creep in spending, etc.
    I personally would stick with the cheapest route.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure