Eon Final bill

2»

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hengus wrote: »
    Make a payment

If you have an online account please log in to make a payment. If you don't have an online account but would like one, you can sign up for one here.

Please enter your account details to make a payment. When you make your payment, you'll be taken to a different website. It's quick and secure.

If you pay by Direct Debit, you can still make a payment by debit/credit card. This will be in addition to your regular monthly Direct Debit payment.

If you're a customer with a Smart Pay As You Go account, you'll also be able to top up using a voucher purchased at a store.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/your-account/make-payment
    Hengus wrote: »
    The reason why estimated readings are used is because the only readings used on a transfer of supply are those given to the gaining supplier. These go through an industry validation process and the readings may be adjusted slightly based on your historic usage data. The verified readings HAVE to be used by the gaining and losing suppliers to open and close your accounts. When switching suppliers there is no need to inform the losing supplier that you are leaving nor do you need to give them readings.

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/

Excellent advice as ever Hengus. Many thanks.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    newatc wrote: »
    My official leave date with EON was June 6 and I've got my final bill today. All very smooth.

Sorry to lose you newatc but glad all went smoothly with the switch.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Eon's final bill estimate said that if that actual readings are different to their estimates is to inform the new supplier about and so I've messaged outfox the market but I'm not expecting a reply until at least Monday. I've checked our gas meter and we haven't even reached that estimate yet. They used the meter reading for the electricity so why not the gas as well. It's just a few pounds but it's the principle. If they challenge it, I have proof that it is the correct data as I always take photos of the meter readings just in case something happen unfortunate like this happens.

I haven't felt the need to do that when we switched from Sainsbury's energy to Eon (and the previous switch before that) but because of our experience with them I wanted to cover all our bases so we don't get a nasty surprise.

I know that some of us get annoyed when a Final Bill comes back with an ‘E’ annotation. As I understand it, the validation process exists because some consumers can’t or don’t provide a meter reading; some misread their meters, and some people lie to gain a few £s (as advocated occasionally on this forum).

I had a switch away from E.oN that got delayed because of an IT error. I got a Final Bill from E.oN that was £35 more than it should have been but it was still within limits; an Agreed Readings Dispute could not be initiated. I ended up only paying standing charges to the new supplier for 3 months whilst waiting for the meter to pass the opening reading. In truth, the actual difference in cost was just over £2. ( the new deal was slightly cheaper than the one that I switched away from - those were the days).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure