Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• K_Morgan wrote: »
    Switch went smoothly, however, the final reading from British Gas was 612 (I sent an estimated reading to both BG and Avro Energy of 600). Avro Energy are still showing a start reading on my account of the estimated reading I sent of 600. Therefore I would be charged 12 therms more if my bill goes ahead on there readings. Despite the fact I have contacted them many times since the 15 September the day I moved over to Avro Energy this still has not been resolved. So not impressed with Avro Energies customer service. All I get from them is that the readings are in the within the guide line parameters. I do not believe that charging twice for the same energy is within any guide lines that is acceptable. Be very cautious joining Avro Energy.

Why did you give an estimated reading of 600?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I've just taken the plunge and signed up to switch to Avro Energy from EDF. Projected annual saving £285.

Welcome pack etc received, switch date 30th November.

As my address was pre-populated from postcode drop down menu, I didn't bother to check it:o Just noticed its not quite right (correct version is X Village, whereas Avro shows X Road, X). I've emailed them asking them to correct it.

Will update on my switch experience.
  • admars
    admars Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    II'm in an "interesting" situation with my switch to Avro from British Gas. Electricity and Gas, were both with British Gas, filled out my details to switch both to Avro, got confirmation etc, everything seemed fine, until saw still getting billed by British Gas.

so logged into British gas and getting charged for electricity only. contacted Avro, said they've done their bit, and I'm paying them for both, BG say that they've only been told about gas switching, not electricity. So now I'm copying and pasting emails from one to the other and back again, as they're blaming each other :(
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    admars wrote: »
    II'm in an "interesting" situation with my switch to Avro from British Gas. Electricity and Gas, were both with British Gas, filled out my details to switch both to Avro, got confirmation etc, everything seemed fine, until saw still getting billed by British Gas.

so logged into British gas and getting charged for electricity only. contacted Avro, said they've done their bit, and I'm paying them for both, BG say that they've only been told about gas switching, not electricity. So now I'm copying and pasting emails from one to the other and back again, as they're blaming each other :(

Oh dear. That doesn't sound good.
  • insight101
    insight101 Posts: 80 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2017 at 10:32PM
    AVRO ENERGY objected to my transfer to another supplier

I change energy suppliers as soon as I am out of my fix term to the next lowest tariff/company.
    I know exactly how much I use each year. with Avro my estimate was about £5 out for the whole year. (So my direct debits are nearly perfect to match my energy usage.)
    all direct debits paid and account run within £10 on each bill.
    yet my transfer request gets objected to on the grounds of a £8 debit (not debt)...
    no email from them or anything expect on transfer day getting email from new company to say no go due to AVRO.

Restart energy transfer 2 months later bye bye Avro. Credit left on my account 3 months later still waiting for my money.......
  • admars
    admars Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Avro asked for me to confirm my MPAN supply number, the number they showed me is what is on my British gas bill, my BG smart meter is no longer showing anything suggesting they're not supplying it, but both still billing me :(
  • griffb
    griffb Posts: 168 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    insight101 wrote: »
    yet my transfer request gets objected to on the grounds of a £8 debit (not debt).......

That's odd considering what Avro told me in a recent email:
    [FONT=&quot]If your account is in any credit once your final bill is available, this will be refunded back into your bank account. If your account is in any debit, we can either take this via a direct debit payment before cancelling your direct debit with us or alternatively, you can contact us to make a card payment or a BACS transfer.[/FONT]
  • I thought I’d share my initial experience with Avro Energy.

I requested to move to Avro just over a month before my collective deal with British Gas ended. Avro notified me of the switch date, which would be exactly a month after application: a timing that was not apparent on their web site. Unfortunately, I was due to be away from home on this date, so I called Avro to change the date. They told me they could not change it, but I could give them estimated meter readings. I felt this was likely to cause problems if I then tried to update this figure later when I got the closing readings from British Gas, who were using smart meters.

I managed to get readings from my account at the British Gas web site, although access was closed down over the few days before the switch. I had enough information to make an accurate estimate.

I have now received my first statement. All looks good. The monthly direct debit is as was given in the original quote.

They take the payment in advance. This makes sense as this cash flow model makes a small company more robust.

This is clearly a no frills energy company with limited procedures for handling exceptions like changing switch dates. Hopefully, it will be plain sailing from now on.
  • Very Very poor.

They sent a final estimated reading to old supplier that was incorrect and when I challenged them they told me they were sending the correct reading that I provided a few days later. They never did so I am currently in dispute with them and out of pocket to the tune of about £40. you also have to wait 15-30 minutes every time you call them. Just not worth hassle. AVOID!!!!
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I did or was supposed to go live with them a week ago today. No email from them to request meter readings or to say I've gone live. Site says I'm live but not heavy on details. I logged in and logged readings anyway just to be safe.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback