Freebies board chat thread

Comments

• shell_belle
    shell_belle Posts: 615 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Apologises, if someone has posted this before but couldn't find anything. Just thought it might be handy to have it all in one place...

Was just wondering what freebies people have received on their birthdays?

So far I've had:

1 x milkshake voucher from Ed's Easy Diner
    1 x app voucher for a cupcake or donut from Greggs
    1 x £5 voucher for Matalan

and various other emails offering me a birthday discount of between 10-25% off products.
    :rotfl:Survey Queen/Poundland Fanatic:rotfl:

• Hi

While searching on google I have seen lot of freebie sites like Latestfreestuff, Gofreestuff etc. Is these sites really giving away free stuff and why they doing it?

Some of the sites collecting email id and is it safe to provide them email id?

thanks
    Anil
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 April 2016 at 9:56AM
    Hi

While searching on google I have seen lot of freebie sites like Latestfreestuff, Gofreestuff etc. Is these sites really giving away free stuff and why they doing it?

Some of the sites collecting email id and is it safe to provide them email id?

thanks
    Anil

You will find the freebies that are posted on the above sites will generally have already been posted on here.

Also you don't have to give them your email address to browse the freebies.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Haffiana
    Haffiana Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Amazon is cracking down on the practice of companies offering free products to customers in exchange for a review.In future, such reviews can only come via the online store's own program, Amazon Vine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37551069

Personally I am really pleased about this. It has become impossible on Amazon to find real reviews amongst the pages of repetitive rubbish written by reviewers trying to keep their word count up. I wanted to buy some halogen g9 capsule bulbs recently, and one brand had 90-odd positive reviews, most of which either admitted that they hadn't even used the bulb they had received 'in exchange for an honest review', or reported at length that it looked quite bright when they plugged it in for 5 minutes. This sort of reviewing has tarnished the whole Amazon review system.
  • wiorika
    wiorika Posts: 380 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Apologises, if someone has posted this before but couldn't find anything. Just thought it might be handy to have it all in one place...

So far I've had:

and various other emails offering me a birthday discount of between 10-25% off products.

I just got a birthday treat on Greg's app not sure whwhat it is as haven't claimed it yet
  • Hollie_
    Hollie_ Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

So far I've had:

Off the top of my head I've had:
    Greggs sweet treat
    £5 Ikea voucher
    Sundae from Harvester

I think the biggest restaurant discount I've had on my birthday is a free meal from Frankie & Benny's (when 1 other meal is purchased,) which can work out at over 50% off your food bill if there's just 2 of you eating!
  • As above and where is Tagatose ?

Post will probably be deleted but hey ho.....
  • we miss your posts !!!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    crunchie96 wrote: »
    we miss your posts !!!

He/she posts on the Amazon codes thread regularly
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Phoned Trex who advised me that they will not be supplying free calendars this year. I responded by advising that I would not buy anything from Trex this year because of that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback