Universities and the myths

Comments

• studentphil
    studentphil Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    hey I have nothing better to do atm - I find it quite interesting that a philosophy student is unable to put together a decent structured argument.

If it so easy how come I have almost 100 per cent attendance and I have struggled on and I have not got a top first, i your logic holds true?
    :beer:
  • Sharifa_2
    Sharifa_2 Posts: 689 Forumite
    If it so easy how come I have almost 100 per cent attendance and I have struggled on and I have not got a top first, i your logic holds true?

Perhaps you're just not smart enough to be a successful university student. If you've struggled so badly, you should have been honest with yourself and left.
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    I have worrked damn hard all my degree to the extent that the course reduced me to crying sometimes and I have never got stunning marks, so I think you are wrong there that you can just walk a 2:1.
    Also from personal experiences at 2 top universities you are highly unlikely not to get a 2:1 if you put a reasonable ammount of work in. If you do work hard and don't get a 2:1 you obviously don't have a decent grasp of the subject you are taking.
    Read the above quote again paying particular attention to the emoboldened text.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Why the hell do I still so angry and let down was not true?
    assuming that there is meant to be an 'if' in that statement - i don't doubt that you are upset, however, as we have repeatedly told you, you need to tell the uni about your circumstances and not wait for help on a plate. you have unrealistic expectations about what a uni should provide for you. you have a very negative confrontational attitude which does not encourage people to help you. you appear incapable of taking proactive action yourself. you ignore advice and have the same arguements over and over again.......etc etc........... that's what my 'studentphil warning' refers to! ;)
    :happyhear
  • studentphil
    Sharifa wrote: »
    Perhaps you're just not smart enough to be a successful university student. If you've struggled so badly, you should have been honest with yourself and left.

How come people who are far less intelligent than me can get degree then if that was the case?
  • Blacksheep1979
    Blacksheep1979 Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

I said that if people don't get a 2:1 then they haven't worked hard enough or they don't fully grasp the material. Besides lectures aren't the be all and end all of work, they are meant more as a guide as to where you should be in your own studies, you are meant to (especially in philosophy) do alot of outside reading.

Its probably glaring oversights like this and missing out on details that holds your marks back.
  • studentphil
    assuming that there is meant to be an 'if' in that statement - i don't doubt that you are upset, however, as we have repeatedly told you, you need to tell the uni about your circumstances and not wait for help on a plate. you have unrealistic expectations about what a uni should provide for you. you have a very negative confrontational attitude which does not encourage people to help you. you appear incapable of taking proactive action yourself. you ignore advice and have the same arguements over and over again.......etc etc........... that's what my 'studentphil warning' refers to! ;)

I have written to them and almost shouted at them for help and I still got very little, so tell me how I have not been proactive?
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    How come people who are far less intelligent than me can get degree then if that was the case?

There are people far less intelligent than you? Crikey.
  • Sharifa_2
    Sharifa_2 Posts: 689 Forumite

How come you constantly compare yourself to others when you know it increases your paranoia?
  • studentphil
    I said that if people don't get a 2:1 then they haven't worked hard enough or they don't fully grasp the material. Besides lectures aren't the be all and end all of work, they are meant more as a guide as to where you should be in your own studies, you are meant to (especially in philosophy) do alot of outside reading.

Its probably glaring oversights like this and missing out on details that holds your marks back.

I think I can fully grasp the material to be honest with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport