Made A Terrible Mistake

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Mylife wrote: »
    Sevenday thank you very much despite the situation not being ideal I'm so happy tired but happy. I wish I had a seven'day'!weekend;)

Snowbird at the moment I don't know how to deal with it. He is not making it easy by pushing for more. When I said no he threw a tantrum to the point where I had to cut contact. At one time I said he can visit with his sister but he said no. He wants to visit on his own We are being punished. Things will have to change but I honestly don't know how.
    Is there a particular reason why you don't want him visiting on his own?
    Do you feel he wants to restart your relationship and you might feel pressured?
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Congratulations on your daughter. I know it's tiring and stressful but try to enjoy every moment with her, especially while she's tired.

Like others I think you need to contact the CMS - there is amount he will HAVE to pay and your daughter is entitled to that. Please also make sure you are claiming child benefit and any other benefits you might be entitled to.

The contact needs to be sorted out between the two of you but if he doesn't tell his wife at some point this will be very tricky.

Look after yourself and your daughter. Don't be afraid to ask you mum for childcare help, she'd probably jump at the chance!

x
  • harrys_nan
    harrys_nan Posts: 1,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    CongratulationsI have just caught with your thread.
    It's lovely to hear your daughter has arrived safe and sound.

I know at the moment things are not too great with the dad, but he is a man and they don't always (often) think straight, I'm sure that it will sort itself out at least I hope so.
    For now, enjoy your daughter and start to make memories and ask your family to help out, they might think they are pushing themselves onto you.
    Look after yourself as well, take care xx
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys :j
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
  • Mylife
    Mylife Posts: 60 Forumite
    Dimps I like that you are honest with your son Im dure your son will appreciate it.You are brave and are doing it in a right way.i guess when the time comes I will have to tell the truth as well. If I'm honest I'm more embarrassed at the whole situation. I never thought in a million years I would have a baby with a married man.

Harrysnan thank you,you were always so kind in your previous posts.I think I'm still overwhelmed at the moment but I hope things will work out. Although when I say work out I don't know in which way. I just don't know what I want. I want to be happy.

Anna77 thank you for your advice I will look into sorting out financial support for the baby. I am now realizing that my previous stance to say we do not need his help was wrong. He needs to do his part. Also realistically money is the only thing he can offer without the wife knowing.

Pollycat I am not good at saying no or being assertive. He is much more clever than me and would easily manipulate the situation and I could end up agreeing to see him again. An example of how gullible I am is I still believe some things he said about his marriage even though he must have been lying. I don't know if its because I want to comfort myself or just burying my head.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I go back to a suggestion I believe I made much earlier in your thread. I really would seriously consider changing jobs as soon as you can, and / or moving away. No, you shouldn't have to, but if he is going to manipulate you and lie to you, then getting away would make that much harder for him.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Mylife
    Savvy Sue changing jobs would indeed make it easier. I may have to because seeing him at work will probably bring new problems between us. Also I have to carry this secret at work for him as I'm sure he doesn't want people finding out. I really like my job and it's a lovely place to work, unfortunately I may have to leave.
  • Dimps_123
    Dimps_123 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Mylife - please don't feel responsible for your daughter's father's mistakes and choices. I understand you feel like you have made a mistake and not in a place you ever thought you would be, but you are. Its happened and you have a beautiful baby daughter. You made the decision to have her - so something was calling you and saying it was the right thing to do. I agree with others in that you need to consider changing your job, if you feel you have to keep that secret. However, I think it would be a good idea to talk with the father first. He needs to take responsibility for this too, the upbringing and financial responsibility of your daughter, his own issues with his wife and their children and of course what will be explained at work if necessary. In the grand scheme of things - is it so bad that you had an affair with someone at work? It happens all the time, people will talk about it for a little while until the next bit of gossip comes along. It's none of their business! The most important thing is that you are mentally and physically healthy to be able to look after that baby of yours. Life will take over, that baby will grow up and you will be there for all those lovely milestones. I understand it might not be what you dreamt of - but you can make the best of it, in your own way.

I know its easy for me to say, mine was 22 years ago - honestly I can still sit and cry over my lost dreams of bringing up my son in a "normal" family, but in practical terms what's normal these days? Keep your chin up and put your big girls pants on :-) Keep moving forward. I can only tell you how it worked for me and I hope a small part of that helps.

Take care
    xx
    DIMPS
    Working towards being debt free :rotfl:June 2022
  • Mylife
    hello everyone I thought I should update you all the lovely people who gave me great advice.

we are still alone but coping fine. He comes to visit but I have resisted getting involved with him. He brought 2 of his children,not sure what he told them. I didn't say anything. They are still young and innocent so I doubt they thought much of it other than I was a work colleague. Some of his family ie sister,cousins also visit. We visited his family to show the baby.

I still haven't contacted child support as he has been more than generous. He says if we make it official then his wife might see a bank statement and question it.

I will be going back to work 2 days a week. I can afford to stay at home but honestly I'm bored. We have discussed what I will say to my colleagues in terms of who the father is. Thankfully we do not work at the same site although I will still see him. 2/3 people know but they are people who can be trusted.

my family have been great, they still dont know the truth but are supportive. My mum wants me to find someone so I won't be alone. I wish it was that easy.
    baby is great,such a joy in our lives. I did mention to his sister and some friends that I wish I could have another so I can raise them at the same time,they all suggested that I have it with him so both the children have one father and same surname. He has also said he would be happy to have another one. I hope I will meet someone in future.

thank you everyone
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Fantasy Land is a wonderful place.
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Mylife wrote: »
    I did mention to his sister and some friends that I wish I could have another so I can raise them at the same time,they all suggested that I have it with him so both the children have one father and same surname. He has also said he would be happy to have another one. I hope I will meet someone in future.

thank you everyone

So his wife does not only have a rat for a husband she also has a sister in law who thinks it is acceptable for her brother to cheat on his wife again and again.

But how thoughtful of you to want your children to have the same father.

Ive been following the thread and had a bit of sympathy for your situation but that has just evaporated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure