Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon al :D
    AJ nice to see you posting, sorry you are suffering in the heat with your breathing and feet, take care x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

I've spent hours trawling travel insurance sites for That Sister & Thank You to the suggested sites :A

Only managed to actually get one quote for £1500 :o

Other Sister says we should go somewhere nice here instead :)

Norfolk Broads?

We have so many very beautiful places in the UK that you would both enjoy exploring - think of areas of the country that you would like to revisit or new places to explore or events you would like to go to eg The Edinburgh fringe, the tall ships race, the Norfolk Broads, food festivals all over the place, Hogmany, last night of the proms, Edinburgh tattoo, carol services in York Minster,
    Or what about different types of accommodation - from yurts, to Romany caravans to 5 star luxury hotels, canal barges, luxury boats on the Thames, railway carriages, Scottish castles ...
    Or days out type activates - steam trains with meals, hot air ballooning, walking with lamas, cocktail making events, gin distilleries, posh afternoon teas in nice hotels, tourist boats down the ouse ...

Make a massive list of even the most stupid of ideas, let your imagination run wild, let it run and run and only then start to shortened it, eliminating the most silly or impossible to organise ideas ..
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Morning paw sniffers:D

Hello AJ:wave::wave::wave:

We have a cloudy morning:) which suits me as I need to get down the allotment.

Exciting times for my little patch. As DD and DS have flown the nest, my allotment is too big for me. I give more away than I use which is fine but there's more to do than I can cope with. I'm giving the use of it over to a young couple with a lovely little family and I will just use what I need. They are beyond excited and I am relieved. They know nothing about gardening.....but hey.....did any of us when we started:D

Our intention....jointly .......is to whip it into shape for next year:)

There's lots of work to do:D

This is so lovely, so you are sort of going to share the allotment - giving them some of your expertise and encouragement and weeding skills and just harvesting what you need ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Morning paw sniffers:D

Hello AJ:wave::wave::wave:

We have a cloudy morning:) which suits me as I need to get down the allotment.

Exciting times for my little patch. As DD and DS have flown the nest, my allotment is too big for me. I give more away than I use which is fine but there's more to do than I can cope with. I'm giving the use of it over to a young couple with a lovely little family and I will just use what I need. They are beyond excited and I am relieved. They know nothing about gardening.....but hey.....did any of us when we started:D

Our intention....jointly .......is to whip it into shape for next year:)

There's lots of work to do:D

That's a lovely thing to do :) they'll get so much benefit from it :)

Just today I've come home with raspberries, potatoes, peas, beetroot, courgette and eggs :D pretty good way to dispel the hangover :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I didn't touch the 3rd plot today. 29 degrees outside the gates, 37 degrees inside the gates :eek: only a fool would dig in those temperatures :cool:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    According to news reports they have got 6 of the Thai boys out of the caves.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Shop for today granola for shopium

Tesco
    1x Nestle Shreddies MAX Protein Crunchy Oat Granola (400g) £2.49 £2.00
    2x Loyd Grossman Bolognese Pasta Sauce (660g) £5.36 £3.00
    1x ASDA 8 Fizzy Pop Ice Lollies (8x55ml) £1.00 N/A
    2x Mission Deli Original Mini Wraps (6pk) £1.50 £0.94
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Milk & Cereals (225g) £2.50 £0.99
    1x Carte D'Or Classic Vanilla Ice Cream Dessert (1l) £2.00 £1.75
    1x ASDA Fresh Double Cream (300ml) £0.95 £1.05
    1x Snickers Bar 7 Pack (7x41.7) £1.50 £1.25
    1.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.87 £0.87
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Fruit & Multigrain (225g) £2.50 £0.99
    1x Young's Breaded Scampi (220g) £2.00 £1.50
    1x Pizza Express Original Dough Balls with Garlic Butter Dip (200g) £3.00 £1.50
    3x Birds Eye Inspirations 2 Fish Chargrills with Tomato & Herb (300g) £10.50 £6.00
    1x Clover Light Spread (500g) £1.00 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £36.17 £22.84
    +£13.33 cheaper
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    altojack wrote: »
    Nowt wrong wiff Norfolk Broads :D:rotfl: lovely scenery, lovely pubs. AND, I'm just next door in Constable country. :eek: at insurance quote but if ............ xx

..and im in norfolk!!!128522;
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Vs T
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Pork, Sage & Onion Stuffed Whole Chicken in a Bag (1.5kg) £4.50 £4.00
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    tbw wrote: »
    According to news reports they have got 6 of the Thai boys out of the caves.

Brilliant news hope they all get rescued safely :j
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    Shop for today granola for shopium

Tesco
    1x Nestle Shreddies MAX Protein Crunchy Oat Granola (400g) £2.49 £2.00
    2x Loyd Grossman Bolognese Pasta Sauce (660g) £5.36 £3.00
    1x ASDA 8 Fizzy Pop Ice Lollies (8x55ml) £1.00 N/A
    2x Mission Deli Original Mini Wraps (6pk) £1.50 £0.94
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Milk & Cereals (225g) £2.50 £0.99
    1x Carte D'Or Classic Vanilla Ice Cream Dessert (1l) £2.00 £1.75
    1x ASDA Fresh Double Cream (300ml) £0.95 £1.05
    1x Snickers Bar 7 Pack (7x41.7) £1.50 £1.25
    1.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.87 £0.87
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Fruit & Multigrain (225g) £2.50 £0.99
    1x Young's Breaded Scampi (220g) £2.00 £1.50
    1x Pizza Express Original Dough Balls with Garlic Butter Dip (200g) £3.00 £1.50
    3x Birds Eye Inspirations 2 Fish Chargrills with Tomato & Herb (300g) £10.50 £6.00
    1x Clover Light Spread (500g) £1.00 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £36.17 £22.84
    +£13.33 cheaper

Fwiw did the Fizzy Pop lollies compare against M?
    I assume they haven't picked up the Oat Granola vs M?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure