PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 16 July 2017

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.

After the horrible weather yesterday the sun is shining this morning so I'm hoping it stays that way:).

Pootled through to the kitchen after my shower to find a bunch of gladioli sitting on the counter:), my Dad must have popped by and departed while I was showering. I do live in a very low crime area but it did make me think especially now I'm poochless that perhaps I ought to be a tad more security conscious:eek:.
    I've no plans for today but for the first time in a couple of weeks I'm going to try and get out for a short walk:).

I hope everyone has a good day x
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Nelski wrote: »
    Morning :wave:

Slow cleaning today...feeling a bit out of sorts again so wont be pushing anything too much. Don't know whats wrong with me at the moment but I do know being chronically unfit atm doesn't help so its time to sort myself out. Starting monday of course ...all goals have to start on a monday :)

Sorry to hear that Nels..have a dodgy hug :grouphug:

:hello: one and all

Thank you for your hugs and kind words yesterday..it does help :A

No plans for today. I woke early and feel much the same as I did yesterday, so you will mainly find me on the sofa with my laptop or a book.

Hope you all have a good day x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning! Rain today. Rain yesterday. I daresay it will rain tomorrow too. I'm indoors so am dry, not for long though, I'm going to have a bath.

We have new handles on two windows and now I can open the bedroom window, a treat. Still no new back door though.

Tonight's dinner will be a chicken which I shall roast with herbs, butter and garlic, with salad. I love salad, and it is still a bit too warm for me to feel like cooking Sunday dinner.

I need to do a bit of ironing, just enough to make sure that there enough sets of clothing for me to get through the working week.

I might do some baking but it only encourages me to eat, I have no self-restraint at present.

I have failed to welcome our new posters, welcome!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,570
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Tru, DD would have taken a poodle rescue dog but her DH flatly refused to have one. It's a shame because they are lovely, affectionate, intelligent dogs (unless they are mishandled and allowed to become yappy). He wanted a big dog but they have compromised on the cockerpoo. DD is hoping she will have plenty of poodle traits. I'll try and post a photo but I'm not the best at it - she is chocolate coloured with two white socks and is very cute, she's being collected on Saturday.

Late up so I must go and get ready as we want to have a decent walk while the sun is shining before we go home tonight.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Morning all,

Well things went belly up last night with Prodigal. After his treatment had ended he was assessed by the mental health team where he was told, unless he was prepared to make some life style changes there was nothing they could do or would do for him. Fair play, i sat in on the meeting and thought it was a fair assessment so he was discharged.

Thats when the trouble started. He had a huge bust up with his Dad outside the flats which was caught on CCTV as he didnt want to go back to the flat and slammed the car door so hard im surprised the windows didnt break. He stormed off.

He made a 999 call at 2am but when they got to him he had disappeared..

We had a visit from the police this morning asking as to his whereabouts....

He has now been listed as a missing person.

My onwards and forwards is not working today,

have a great day all.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Judi wrote: »
    Morning all,

Well things went belly up last night with Prodigal. After his treatment had ended he was assessed by the mental health team where he was told, unless he was prepared to make some life style changes there was nothing they could do or would do for him. Fair play, i sat in on the meeting and thought it was a fair assessment so he was discharged.

Thats when the trouble started. He had a huge bust up with his Dad outside the flats which was caught on CCTV as he didnt want to go back to the flat and slammed the car door so hard im surprised the windows didnt break. He stormed off.

He made a 999 call at 2am but when they got to him he had disappeared..

We had a visit from the police this morning asking as to his whereabouts....

He has now been listed as a missing person.

My onwards and forwards is not working today,

have a great day all.

Oh Judi, what a nightmare. I hope you find him safe and well soon x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Judi Im really sorry to hear about prodigal.....he sounds such a troubled soul I hope eventually he can find some help and some peace so that you can too.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hugs Judi, it's a hard road you are travelling.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Nice day here with the sun just starting to come out, we have a line of washing out and another load in the wm.

We are off to Southampton Ikea today to have a look at their kitchens, I have found one I like the look of but need to see it in the flesh ! I shall pick up some meatballs while I am there as I love them. Will probably pick up some extra lovely things that I absolutely NEED !!

Will have lunch out so just a quick sandwich or something for dinner.

Have good days all xx Hugs to Judi xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Actually the problem started with his stinking clothes. I said he could stay the night and i'd do his washing. I told him to pick up his laundry from the flat. "I'll do it tomorrow" he said. "No you wont" i said, "if i'm going to do your washing, im going to do it when i am ready and got an empty basket not when your ready".

He huffed and puffed all the way to his flat.... So then i decided, if he hated the place so much i was going in to see why. If it was a dirty stinking hole i had made my mind up he wasnt going to stay.

Sod me it was like a 4 star hotel. Welcoming reception staff. High security, computers in the foyer (about 8 of them all switched on but only one being used). The reception staff greeted him and where nice to me but explained he wasnt allowed visitors after 10pm. I explained i just wanted to see where he was staying so they let me through. Prodigal slammed every door we went through. His room.... well ive seen worse hotels. He picked up his washing that was chucked all over the place. I thanked the staff for bending the rules for me. Then we went out to the car where his Dad started yelling at him for slamming the car door.

Or course all this was caught on CCTV.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport