Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Beanie

Can you pre-empt problems with the assessment. I would be tempted to get a letter into your MP with your previous evidence and your previous results and outline your worries you expect them to lie again?

B x
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you need to wait and see what happens, then appeal if need be. It might not be as bad as you think, fingers crossed. We're waiting for Mr SA's PIP review outcome at the moment, even though they awarded it until 2018. I work with someone whose wife is paraplegic and even she was hauled in for an assessment. It's just so unfortunate that the genuine ones are suffering because of the scroungers.

In your words - keep plodding (the times you've posted this on my diary and just those two simple words have kept me going :))
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Keep plodding Beanie - you have kept me on the straight and narrow more than you know too. But plodding can feel like plodding up Everest at times - stop for a while and look back and you will see you are going in the right direction and have travelled a long way - maybe not at the speed you want but still on the right track.

I know I am in the lucky position of having my dh and although we are both in poorly paid jobs we do both work - but I remember being a child with parents that were both too ill to work and had life limiting conditions and seeing the worry and anxiety in them when the bills rolled in (which they thought they'd hidden well from me) so I know no amount of telling you not to worry will be of any use to you. All I can advise is life for the moment and don't look too far ahead. I know of several people who had disability payments for life and were recalled for assessment and all worried themselves sick about it - they each said they'd had positive experiences and were granted payment again under the new system but told they would be recalled after 10 years as that was the policy now.
    Hang on in there lovely lady x
    January spends - £587.58
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Hang on in there lovely lady x
    I second that
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you Milan & doingitanyway :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,733 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Beanie, chin up and don't let them get you down.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sending more love and hugs and hoping this week is a bit brighter
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    Options
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    Sending more love and hugs and hoping this week is a bit brighter

Thank you my friend.
    You too:D
    WE shall keep plodding!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• bobalot
    bobalot Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi Beanie, it's BOB aka Boredofbeingathome. Had to get a new account as can't log into my old one :/ Just wanted to say keep on plodding and hope all comes right for you. The system stinks at times. Waves to Z and other cronies. :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    bobalot wrote: »
    Hi Beanie, it's BOB aka Boredofbeingathome. Had to get a new account as can't log into my old one :/ Just wanted to say keep on plodding and hope all comes right for you. The system stinks at times. Waves to Z and other cronies. :)

Great to see you. :wave:
    Sorry diary is a wee bit fraught at present.
    Hope all well with you. :).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback