Old C&G account numbers from before 2007

Options
First post for us and apologies if it's totally in the wrong place but it's to do with a PPI claim on an old C&G mortgage. We have some account numbers written down that follow the format x000000/0 (this was before C&G changed to a standard eight digit bank account number in Feb 2007). We think we've worked out that numbers starting with 'T' are savings and ones staring with 'U' are ISAs, but can't work what ones beginning with 'A' might be and if it could be a mortgage account. If anyone can help with this, we'd be really grateful.

Thanks, Fred.

Comments

• SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You dont need C&G account numbers as C&G MPPI was not collected with the mortgage but was a separate payment collected under its own direct debit.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    jollyfred wrote: »
    First post for us and apologies if it's totally in the wrong place but it's to do with a PPI claim on an old C&G mortgage. We have some account numbers written down that follow the format x000000/0 (this was before C&G changed to a standard eight digit bank account number in Feb 2007). We think we've worked out that numbers starting with 'T' are savings and ones staring with 'U' are ISAs, but can't work what ones beginning with 'A' might be and if it could be a mortgage account. If anyone can help with this, we'd be really grateful.

Simply submit your mis-sale complaint to Lloyds Bank. If they have any records they should be able to trace them from the address.

Do you know that you had mortgage PPI?

Why do you think it was mis-sold?
  • jollyfred
    jollyfred Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks to both for the replies. The Lloyds PPI team wants to know if we have an account number - they say it will help. If an 'A' number is a mortgage number, it will save further searching, that's all. Sonof - you know more than Lloyds about this but that doesn't surprise me - the people we've dealt with so far seem to know very little about any of it.

We know the mortgage had PPI and why it was missold - same situation as another provider who has upheld the claim and made payment.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Lloyds PPI team wants to know if we have an account number - they say it will help.

That sounds like a sign of desperation. i.e. no other records found so ask for that just in case.
    Sonof - you know more than Lloyds about this but that doesn't surprise me - the people we've dealt with so far seem to know very little about any of it.

I have experience in this area. Every since Lloyds owned C&G, the MPPI sales were never bundled in with the mortgage but standalone. Very very old C&G mortgages (over decade prior to Lloyds buying them) did have some where the PPI was paid via a sub-account on the mortgage and collected with the main mortgage payment. Those latter ones would have the account number handy but you are largely talking 1980s cases and records are likely to be limited to non-existent after all this time.
  • jollyfred
    jollyfred Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SonOf wrote: »
    That sounds like a sign of desperation. i.e. no other records found so ask for that just in case.

I agree. They read from a script.

The mortgage ran from 1993 to 1996 and repayments came from a TSB current account, which then became LTSB, which then became Lloyds. Because of this continuity, they've been able to dig into other products going back several decades. We're hoping for the same with C&G although matters have been muddied slightly by the Resolver claim not reaching them (it happened with another provider as well - we've asked Resolver if it's an issue their end). We're now going direct and getting the usual spiel but looking for the information they request anyway.

Thanks again for the reply. It's much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure