Vodafone Retention Deals

Comments

• Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    commadus wrote: »
    I am on 600 mins, unlimited text and unlimited internet, 12 month sim only for £12.50 pcm.

I got that after retentions called me back - like negotiations you may not get the best offer straight off.

I'd buy a phone from Ebay if I could get that offer! Mind you I've been looking at phones and quite like the HTC Hero, Nokia 5230 and 6303. Not much of a difference there!
  • jus got offered Nokia N97 Mini, 18 month contract. 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet
  • tazzababe wrote: »
    jus got offered Nokia N97 Mini, 18 month contract. 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet

How much a month? sounds pretty good that.
  • Scousefire wrote: »
    How much a month? sounds pretty good that.

sorry it's £30
  • commadus wrote: »
    I am on 600 mins, unlimited text and unlimited internet, 12 month sim only for £12.50 pcm.

I got that after retentions called me back - like negotiations you may not get the best offer straight off.

I want that deal. The SIM-only offers I've been quoted for £15 pcm have been nowhere near as generous.
    "Who throws a shoe, honestly?"
    :rotfl:
  • readalot wrote: »
    Can you tell me when you negotiated this deal please? They are telling me that this was on offer around Xmas but no longer available. Thanks.

Around October early November.
  • randomtask wrote: »
    I want that deal. The SIM-only offers I've been quoted for £15 pcm have been nowhere near as generous.

I should add that I was on £12.50 pcm for 600 mns, unlimited text the year before so Voda just offered me extra internet for the same price.

What about the sim only deals and get Quidco / topcashback? After cashback comes out to £15 for 900 mins, unlimited net, text
  • commadus - for £12.50 pcm you're getting 600 mins, unlimited texts (i.e. 3000) and unlimited web whereas I'd only want a third of the mins, a third of the texts and unlimited web. That should logically cost less based on what you pay, but instead, I'm getting quoted £15 pcm for this tariff.

And for £15 pcm, you should get much more for your money. 3 offer 300 mins, unlimited texts and web on a 30 day SIM-only for example. Not that VF can or will match 3.
    "Who throws a shoe, honestly?"
    :rotfl:
  • I have read most of the posts on this thread, and thought i would struggle to get the following offer, but when i phoned retentions and asked for my PAC code we discussed what i wanted.Surprisingly it was offered without any hard negotiations, which now makes me think i could have got better, any thoughts please on if this is a good deal:-

NOKIA N900 or N97 - i believe N900 is worth more.
    600 mins
    unltd txts
    24 months - wonder if i could get 18 months.

£30 A MONTH.

I have been a loyal customer for vodafone for over 12 years, so must have spent a small fortune with them.

Hope u all get what u want in the end
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 980 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Auzie wrote: »
    I'm confused.

I've called Vodafone several times to negotiate 3 contracts. All I wanted was the same 12 month contracts with new handsets again. No change to the past 7 plus years.

At first I was told that you can only get 12 month contracts on sim only deals. If we wanted new handsets we'd have to go on either 18 or 24 month contracts. Something I don't agree with as the no one knows what they're going to be able to afford that far away.:money:

I am told that I can view what's available on their site or in store as everyone is offered the same. I asked about my previous year's deals & was told that I'd been extreamly lucky in the past & Vodafone had lost millions giving great offers to low user's who don't spend much like myself.:eek: So I filled in the online form as suggested on here.

Plus they keep changing their mind on when I can upgrade on one of my contracts. First I can, then I can't, then I had a call yesterday & the man said that I can upgrade but had a reply to my online form saying I can't until Friday 19th Feb and....To upgrade your contract you need to call our upgrade team.[SIZE=+0]You can get a new handset and a price plan that suits your needs and benefits you while upgrading your contract. Please call our upgrade team on 191 free from your phone [/SIZE]

When I'd already said that I could and wanted to leave beacuse no one was offering me anything near what I've had over the last 7 plus years.

You don't spend enough money...so why should we?????

That's how it feels to me :(

Has anyone had the same experience?

i get the general feeling that is vodafone message from these posts, so as above get your PAC code and move. i think each network provider is not offering great retentions, but 02 seem to be good on loyalty schemes. if you look deeper, other networks have perks like orange wednesday 2 for 1 cinema, magic numbers where you can dial for free etc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback