Orange Price changes ?

Comments

• Just this minute canceled. Although the guy i spoke to wasnt the most helpful. He's generating me a PAC code for my number within the next 72 hours which he will send to me by post. Does anyone know how long this PAC number is valid for?? As i wont be transfering my number to another operater staright away, will be about a week maybe two.

He also didnt give me the most clear indication of when my actual contract will be cancelled. He said something about they couldnt close the account while the number was still 'live' on Orange.

Will be phoning back tonight to get a clearer indication.

Thanks for all the above information, its been very informative
  • dreddy
    dreddy Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi

What department are you guys calling as Ive called up twice and both times they didnt have a clue what was goin on!!!

Also, for those of you who theyve agreed to terminate the contract and have have applied a credit to your account be careful. My girlfriend had a credit applied to her account a while back, the account was then closed, however, a few months later she started receiving Debt collection letters!! She called up and it turned out that the credit hadnt been applied correctly as a final bill was not produced to clear the credit so the outstanding amount was still on their systems!! She had to call up loads of times to get this sorted and she had to fax her credit report to them so that they could remove the late payment markers left on her credit file because of this fiasco!!!

Im gonna give them another call later to try and clarify this.

Let me know how you guys get on.

Andy
  • MRC_2
    MRC_2 Posts: 555 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2009 at 12:55PM
    What are the exact prices of the increase and for what services?

I thought out of plan calls cost just under 20p already?

Thanks

Edit - Get it now, minimum charge! - That is quite overboard!
  • I didn’t get a pac number when I cancelled and I wish I had now... I think they stay valid for 30 days though.

Not sure what to do after tomorrow when my phone dies. Smart me would put a PAYG sim into the SE K850i I have and be done with it, but shiny shiny gadget loving me will probably end up going into an o2 shop and leaving with an iphone :)

oh well, the only real down side is that the broadband at my parents address that I was paying £5 a month for will go up to £20. They might have to start conrtibuting towards it themselves...
  • thedalmeny
    thedalmeny Posts: 235 Forumite
    dreddy wrote: »
    Hi

What department are you guys calling as Ive called up twice and both times they didnt have a clue what was goin on!!!

Also, for those of you who theyve agreed to terminate the contract and have have applied a credit to your account be careful. My girlfriend had a credit applied to her account a while back, the account was then closed, however, a few months later she started receiving Debt collection letters!! She called up and it turned out that the credit hadnt been applied correctly as a final bill was not produced to clear the credit so the outstanding amount was still on their systems!! She had to call up loads of times to get this sorted and she had to fax her credit report to them so that they could remove the late payment markers left on her credit file because of this fiasco!!!

Im gonna give them another call later to try and clarify this.

Let me know how you guys get on.

Andy

That’s how my wifes is being cancelled – i do however recommend people take the name / employee ref number of however they speak to regarding the cancelation – then ring back in 2-3 days to confirm it happened.
  • thedalmeny wrote: »
    That’s how my wifes is being cancelled – i do however recommend people take the name / employee ref number of however they speak to regarding the cancelation – then ring back in 2-3 days to confirm it happened.

Sorry, what is this 'Credit applied ' to the account thing about? I think this may well relate to my account to, but im not sure.

Thanks
  • Sorry, what is this 'Credit applied ' to the account thing about? I think this may well relate to my account to, but im not sure.

well normally there would be a charge equal to the remaining months rental minus VAT. The credit is apparently to cancell that out so you dont have to pay anything to leave.

I dont remember the name of the guy I spoke to so I really hope it all goes through ok!
  • rachyrach2k
    rachyrach2k Posts: 113 Forumite
    has any of you guys above that successfully cancelled actually get the text message notifying you of the changes or did any manage to cancel without receiving the text?
  • dreddy
    dreddy Posts: 12 Forumite
    Just called up again, and the guy I spoke to actually knew what I was talking about. I told him about the increase, he said he knew about it and then said that Orange are actually the last company to put up its prices, I said the reason why I joined Orange was because I was aware of the low 5p connection charge and I expected it to last for the duration of the contract! I said the rise to 14.7p was excessive and under Orange T&Cs section 4.3

"You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes."

He agreed and then asked me what I wanted. I told him that I wanted to disconnect and transfer the number to a PAYG sim!

All sorted... Thanks for all the info!!!
  • gingeral
    gingeral Posts: 9 Forumite
    my wife was going to try and cancel hers and she thinks if she did get the text then she probably deleted it, we're gonna try for her on Friday (as she's away for a few days)

WRT PUK code, guy said they'd post it out to me and when i receive it i can give that to another mobile company to get the number ported, only then, once its been ported will the account be closed, that means not hanging around too long once the code comes through.

I chose the options for other queries and then to close your account (150, 4 and 2 i think)

Cheers

:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family