Landline phone with no broadband prices

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You are paying landline monthly on a 30 day contract .
    Do you currently have any other services from PN like broadband .
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,071 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 April 2018 at 12:36PM
    moremore wrote: »
    No I got no need for landline never use it and want to cancelled it but PlusNet does not want to let go

TBH, Plusnet cannot stop you ceasing your services with them, but if you are within a minimum term it may incur early termination charges, and if not within a minimum term the final bill could include a broadband cease fee.
    How exactly did the conversation with Plusnet go ?, after all if you called and said 'I want to leave , consider this call my notice to quit', or words to that effect, seems odd that they would reply ' you cannot leave', not wanting you leave isn't the same as not letting you, all you have to do is insist they act on your instructions
    As far as your original question, BT have to offer reduced price line rental to customers who don't also have a fixed line broadband service , as far as I know , it's £11.99, the Post Office , although not obligated to, also offer a similar reduced price line rental for phone only customers, if you don't need a landline at all, seems odd to switch from Plusnet to someone else,( thus starting a new minimum term) just so you don't have to deal with Plusnet's customer service reluctance to process your request to cease your services
  • moremore
    moremore Posts: 518 Forumite
    As far as I am aware my term finished with them on 18 April with new contract I had with them. the said I paid landline for year in February but which I though the new contract would make old condition Null and Void. Plusnet would not accept it despite them making incorrect charges on my account they told me quickest way to get fit the over changing was for me to stop direct debit and insert bank details on to their website again which I done but they refused to accept my bank details I was using I put back on their website. Each time I went into their website it had same amount on it so I refused to pay their over-charging and i was put on limited services. I paid them overcharge amount and advise them I did not want to renew my contract with them. They sent me email saying they would send outstanding amount to debt collecting agency and they will also add charges. I am so cross with them I paid it and now they want more maybe for landline not sure but I feel safer if my landline was not with them. PlusNet nasty awful company. I think I will have to advise my bank not to release my money to them.
  • moremore
    JJ_Egan wrote: »

Sorry for your confusion would it help you if I go back and delete that post.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    moremore wrote: »
    I think I will have to advise my bank not to release my money to them.

Taking a leap of faith that your enquiry is genuine then expect debt collectors to follow not long after you do this.
  • moremore
    iniltous wrote: »
    TBH, Plusnet cannot stop you ceasing your services with them, but if you are within a minimum term it may incur early termination charges, and if not within a minimum term the final bill could include a broadband cease fee.
    How exactly did the conversation with Plusnet go ?, after all if you called and said 'I want to leave , consider this call my notice to quit', or words to that effect, seems odd that they would reply ' you cannot leave', not wanting you leave isn't the same as not letting you, all you have to do is insist they act on your instructions
    As far as your original question, BT have to offer reduced price line rental to customers who don't also have a fixed line broadband service , as far as I know , it's £11.99, the Post Office , although not obligated to, also offer a similar reduced price line rental for phone only customers, if you don't need a landline at all, seems odd to switch from Plusnet to someone else,( thus starting a new minimum term) just so you don't have to deal with Plusnet's customer service reluctance to process your request to cease your services
    Thank you for helpful advice I will check what I said to them to be on safe side I will go on their website and quote what you advise consider this my notice to quit' your service.
  • WebDude
    WebDude Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Maybe it would be better to ask what you do need, in the way of phone calls and broadband ?

A landline is almost always needed to get broadband service (unless you are using Virgin Media, or a firm like Hyperoptic, which offer service to users without BT wiring). There's also FTTH where a fibre is connected right up to your home/ office and voice calls are not offered on that.

There are some (smaller) ISPs which can rent you a landline without the option of phone calls, at about £ 10/month (possibly +VAT, as these are mainly aimed at business users), but line rental is pretty much required, from someone, even if you never plan to make any voice calls (because the data for your broadband comes along the phone line, and the line rental fee is to cover maintenance and repair of the line, and the exchange, to be sure you have a working connection [for voice, the data is just a bonus]).
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    OP has already said he does not want a landline .
    Going to start using Mobile bb data .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    OP has already said he does not want a landline .
    Going to start using Mobile bb data .

They've also said they do want one so I wouldn't blame anyone for getting confused :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure