PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cleaning vertical blinds

Options
15678911»

Comments

• suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I am so pleased with my blinds after cleaning them. I used Astonish mould and mildew cleaner (green bottle). Bought from Quality Save and probably available in Home Bargains for 99p sorry Southerners but it may be more down south.
    Sprayed on liberally and washed in the machine on a wool wash. Rehung straight away to dry so no creases.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    How do you Hoover them the best way? Mine are dark grey, and the one which is behind the birds' cage ends up with some of the wee fluffy white feathers clinging to it.
    Do you just have to do each one individually with your hand on the other side?
    Any easy way to do it?
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Coal76
    Options
    ]Hi, just wondered if you used the mould and Mildrew spray on fabric vertical blinds? I have bad mould on my blinds and want to know if this solution will be ok to use.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
    suejb2 wrote: »
    I am so pleased with my blinds after cleaning them. I used Astonish mould and mildew cleaner (green bottle). Bought from Quality Save and probably available in Home Bargains for 99p sorry Southerners but it may be more down south.
    Sprayed on liberally and washed in the machine on a wool wash. Rehung straight away to dry so no creases.
  • Snakewoman
    Options
    That's a relief knowing I can safely clean mine. I did use a washing machine once. All came out threaded. So a bath soak it is. Thanks. :j
  • SueKi
    Options
    I used a tip from my builder's gran! Soak them in the cleaner used for cleaning false teeth! I used 12 tablets dissolved in half a small washing up bowl of hand hot water. I soaked them overnight, rinsed them, hung them on a maiden till they were damp but not dripping then rehung them so they are not creased. The most badly stained needed another soak but it worked pretty well. In future I’ll do it more often so they don’t get so badly stained and hopefully won’t need to soak for so long.
  • Twogun
    Options
    I put mine into the washing machine, then tumble dried them, once dried, I threw the tangled mess into the bin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure