iPhone '4' thread

1335336337338339341»

Comments

• spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    i think i just got myself a good deal, phoned up 3 as i am now due for an upgtrade from my prehistoric nokia n96:eek:, and managed to get the 16gb iphone 4 for free, with the tariff being £35 per month for 500 mins, 5000 texts, 1gb internet and 150 picture messages, which is fine by me, as i always text more than ring, so willl use no where near the 500 mins, i could have paid £99 and got the same tariff for £30 per month, but as being as it only worked out an £11 saving decided against, as i have never had a free upgrade before, even when i upgraded to the nokia n96 it cost me £150:eek::eek:, only trouble is i got to wait till november as they are awaiting a new batch that hopefully wont have the well advertised problems, does this seem a good deal?, and how far will the 1gb internet get me?
    Take every day as it comes!!
  • As long as you don't constantly stream video or radio then 1gb should serve you well enough. The problem with the iPhone is that the data counter seems to work regardless of whether you're using the 3g signal or your own wi-fi so it isn't as easy to keep track of usage as it is with Android phones where you can download an app that counts 3g usage only.
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    As long as you don't constantly stream video or radio then 1gb should serve you well enough. The problem with the iPhone is that the data counter seems to work regardless of whether you're using the 3g signal or your own wi-fi so it isn't as easy to keep track of usage as it is with Android phones where you can download an app that counts 3g usage only.

nah, mainly downloading of apps, is the main use
    Take every day as it comes!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family