PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th July 2018

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done Kaz on the refund.

All paperwork is done as is the ironing. List time now.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    I've been to the allotment and dug up garlic and salad potatoes. That was hard work. Picked a few beans and courgettes. The wm has run and washing is blowing on the line. Today's list has been done, so the bathroom, ensuite and downstairs loo are well and truly cleaned. I stuck a toothbrush around the shower plughole and wished I hadn't. Gross! Toilet brushes drying outside and one has been binned - thank you Valli for the reminder, but how do you always know these things??!

I've decluttered a couple of bits from the fridge for my lunch. I now have to get inventive and magic up the remaining veg and leftovers into meals. Oh and a cake. Because who doesn't need a cake ;)
  • Jazee
    Windows in LR are now clean. Long overdue phone call made.
  • Updated with last
    Night & this morning's achievements...

Flying this week

Pack for going away
    Pack car
    Tidy our bedroom
    Tidy Pickle's room
    Tidy Bathroom
    Tidy hall, stairs and landing
    [STRIKE]Tidy kitchen[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Tidy dining room[/STRIKE] The dining room table is clear!!!!
    [STRIKE]Tidy front room[/STRIKE]
    'Leaving the house for 3 week's tasks' (will break down later)
    [STRIKE]Birthday pressie for M
    Leaving gift for c
    Birthday cards for bil & sil[/STRIKE]
    Keep on top of washing - Tuesday and going well so far
    Stuff to loft
    [STRIKE]Tidy loft[/STRIKE]this needs an enormous position on the list as it was a big job! 3 bags of rubbish to the tip and lots of stuff listed on a fb freebie thread
    [STRIKE]Stuff to cellar[/STRIKE]
    Keep cellar tidy -going well so far!
    Empty & defrost cellar freezer
    [STRIKE]Sort food order for Lake District
    Sort back yard for 'going away'[/STRIKE]
    Bins out & Away (Thursday)
    Work for 1 day (Wednesday)
    Declutter wardrobe cupboard 1
    Declutter wardrobe cupboard 2
    Declutter wardrobe cupboard 3
    Declutter wardrobe cupboard 4
    Declutter wardrobe cupboard 5
    Declutter under our bed
    Declutter blanket Box
    Declutter bedside cabinet 1
    Declutter bedside cabinet 2
    Instructions for cleaner for summer deep clean.

Monday extras
    Sorted the drinks cabinet - highlighted three gin bottles with only a single measure In each one- 1 per night I think!

Tuesday extras
    Tip run
    Act as delivery driver
    Small food top up shop
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Jazee
    Cupboard in LR sorted out and half hour spent gardening.

That is it for me today.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    I have officially caught the rotten summer cold that poor DD has :cool: feel decidedly rubbish, but despite this have done absolutely loads today.

DH is nearly home :j so we can eat an early dinner tonight then settle down to watch the footie. Meeting at work (oooh get me!) next week to finalise my hours etc, and sign my contract :money:

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Argh.

Work: Do a, b and c first.

I make a start on a and c and get minions working on b, d, e, f and g.

Work: Supervise minions on b.

Work: Look at c, it's not finished. Do h, i , k and l (new tasks).

I do h, i, k and l. I can't do j because it requires the input of somebody else who has already said they do not have the facilities/capacity to assist and this therefore means that full completion of the majority of the alphabet is not possible.

Work: Why aren't c, d, e, f and x done yet? Do w.

Leaving work.

Work: what's happened about AA, BB and CC through to AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA? (Most of which had never been mentioned EVER in the last 12 months, but are now absolutely urgent again).

On a positive note, got home and Himself was out, having decided to go and buy food.

He's now in the bath. Which means it'll be clean, because he's actually pretty good about clearing up after he uses it.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just checking in again to say that not that much flying done at home, a couple of loads of washing done, kitchen tidied and wiped round so it still looks fine.

But a few frogs done, DD2's laptop dropped into laptop doctor on my way to work and then he called me to say it would be ready for 15.30 and not too expensive so that is a good job, was worried we would be looking at a new one. Taught my lesson which went well. Watched potential new teacher with a group of teens this afternoon and it was actually better than I expected, she might be ok with us. Went to bank to pay in cheque and got good news that penalty for paying mortgage off early is being refunded to us. Tennant who hadn't paid at start of the month as his salary hadn't been paid due to a computer problem sent message to say transfer happening today. Service booked for DD2's car tomorrow afternoon.

Just had sausages and tomato salad for dinner and now watching the football,

Allez les bleus! (rooting for an England - France final)

See you all tomorrow.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Did quite a few things that were on my list and several that weren't.

All three breadmakers used to make one recipe to try to work out why some loaves hadn't risen as much as others. (Test runs before I pass two on to new homes.) The reason they don't rise so much is the pans are bigger. Doh! (And dough, obviously.)

Lots of chalet stuff listed on Gumtree, two of which are already booked for collection tomorrow by people that I don't think will haggle. Excellent.

Will return to listy on Thursday afternoon, which is my next chance to get stuff done.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Well.. as we all know my life never goes smoothly...

Next door are up to some unknown mischief with the sewage from the house.. This evening I have toilets backing up, pipes spewing waste matter all over my back garden.. the flies will be having a party my lunch time tomorrow .. I have a 4 hour wait for someone to come out to sort it an 11 people in my house..

For the love of chickens.. I think I may be throwing a rage fit on the neighbours heads at 7 in the morning when the twonks turn up.. I will be tired and angry and very ragey!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts