PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th July 2018

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thank you for all the lists xx

Jojo well done ofr applying, I'll act as a ref for you if you need.

Mumof2 good luck to J for the job. xx

I am waiting for the workmen to arrive to dig up my block paved drive to find the leak........... edit they have just arrived, and Don't want tea or coffee..........

Long list of things to do.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thanks for lists.
    JoJo well done for applying, why do you need to tell your current idiots anything until you hand in your notice?
    Great news for most slinkies, Jazee I'm struggling like you.
    wish that's a seriously long list.

Woke up and cancelled my Grit class at the gym; just not dealing with the heat and pollen and it's such a strenuous class. Will do Clubbercise though.

Unpacking and post-holiday washing done, post almost caught up with, shopping up to date and hol photos downloaded. Flying needs to happen.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Lovely friend did school run for me and I've achieved loads in that hour I gained:

- Plants all watered
    - Whirly cupboard cleaned out, loads of stuff binned
    - Carrier full for chazza
    - Ebay parcels packaged up
    - Yet more recycling sorted out - green bin day tomorrow thankfully
    - Called the bank for an update on my complaint
    - Washed and hung out the throw from the car

Right, it's off to the PO I go x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all.

I have showered, walked the dogs and watered the garden. The temperature is much more comfortable today.

I plan to wash up, dust the LR, sort out the frog which is paperwork and finances for the frugal life starting today, finish clearing hotspots, hoover/sweep/mop all floors, go to craft session and look at today's list - thanks a Valli.

I have a couple of meetings to go to tonight but think I'll bail out of both. I need to spend an evening with DH.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Had my shower
    Ate breakfast with DH in the shady back garden :)
    Washed up; DH started the DW
    Took Rosie for a run in the nearby covert, which is cool and shady :)
    A nice breeze means that the bedrooms are a bit cooler today :)

DH says he will hoover downstairs :A
    I will dust the LR just before or after lunch
    Then we're off to the last day of a flower festival in a village not far from here
    DH is out again this evening, so we will need an early tea.

Back to the essay: useful notes made from one big reference book; about to start on another...
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Been (for me) super productive in the last hour:

[STRIKE]Check your fridge - clean any drains, make sure it's cold and clean
    clear out any wilting veg
    wipe seals
    we need to keep food covered and cold in this heat - flies are multiplying
    wipe all countertop appliances - kettle; toaster, coffee maker etc
    move them and clean all worktops
    Wipe cupboard fronts, drawer fronts and handles[/STRIKE]
    Sweep the floor
    Mop or vacuum floor if appropriate
    [STRIKE]Change tabel cloth and /or wipe mats
    Polish table and chairs[/STRIKE]

I didn't clean the windows; instead I moved everything off the sills and wiped them down as they were a little *cough* minging, ur sorry, in need of freshening up! Will do the floors later as getting too hot.
    Think I'm definitely getting hot flushes as break into a horrific sweat at the slightest of effort and don't want to have yet another shower already!!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just swept the floor .... will mop later. Off out now
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all!

I have a massive air circulating fan going full speed in the kitchen as it still seems to be hotter than Hades here. I'm such a winter person. *wilt*

Jojo - good luck with the job application!

Big wave to all returning flyladies. Hope you're enjoying life in my county of birth FBO and good news on J's job success Mumof2 :T

I have succumbed to DH's pleas for another collie. It's been five years since his old girl crossed rainbow bridge, so I took him to see the litter that my nephew's GF has. We will be collecting our little bundle of black and white fluff next weekend. Oh, and our GirlDog is all set up for a litter later in the year too....perfect boyfriend found for when the time is right.

Oh, and I'm applying for our CPH number so we can have some pigmy goats too. (Yes, I am mad) Just need to find a map of our land and it's boundaries. I know there's one in the "house purchase" file, but....it is in the attic room...and it's so hot up there that I can't breathe. I'll have to don DH's scuba tank and strip down to my pants if that is to be retrieved :eek:

Got in at 1.30am from a long trip in Sussex, which involved 5 hours on a train with Tiny and no air conditioning, my mother being taken to hospital after falling off her step ladder, a successful trip to the wedding dress shop with my bestie, who found her dream dress (I cried, while her stony-faced mother sat there, unmoved) and my matron-of honour dress in the perfect colour, size and style....ON THE SALE RAIL with £250 off :j which meant prosecco before midday (would be rude not to), a visit to my nephew in Kent for his birthday and a football tournament for DH and Small in Telford, that was abandoned half-way though due to H&S concerns over the heat for the competitors. Small was sad, as his team had made it to the quarter finals, but it was dangerously hot, so common sense prevailed. This early finish meant DH got home in time to watch England's win, have a BBQ and a few ciders so he wasn't too sad.

I have blitzed the kitchen, despite wanting to curl up and sleep, but I still have 101 things in my to-do list....bah!

Catch up again later x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Oh a bundle of fluff, we are going to need to see a photo or tow or three....

Drive way dug up by 2 workmen, leak finally found, I was starting to think there was no pipe or water down in the 6 foot deep hole they dug.......broken bit replaced, all old sodden clay taken away, new filling installed, and the block paving down in a fairly level fashion.

Mean while I:-
    Hoovered the whole house
    Did loads of admin type work
    had a long chat via whatapp with those else where in the world, and keeping fingers cross for all those young lads trapped in the cave.
    Cleaned toilets
    Cleaned all the bins
    Washing out of line, but that was early, in case workmen turned the water off, which they did.
    3 ebay sales, so packed them up, but not yet paid for so going to hang on to them for now.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    so far i have done sweet fa, whoops but i have had a super busy weekend and im knackered, some sort of easy tea tonight, forgot to defrost anything whoops again - i intend to walk the dog and hoover and polish the living room anything else is a bonus but will do bits in the kitchen
    Marvellous Monday - kitchen dining etc
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Check your fridge - clean any drains, make sure it's cold and clean[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]clear out any wilting veg[/STRIKE]
    wipe seals
    [STRIKE]we need to keep food covered and cold in this heat - flies are multiplying[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]wipe all countertop appliances - kettle; toaster, coffee maker etc[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]move them and clean all worktops[/STRIKE]
    Put some water in to cool

Level 2
    [STRIKE]Wipe cupboard fronts, drawer fronts and handles[/STRIKE]
    Clean the windows
    [STRIKE]Sweep the floor
    Mop or vacuum floor if appropriate[/STRIKE]

Level 3
    [STRIKE]Dust where necessary[/STRIKE]
    Clean windows

Extras
    S&S bathrrom
    HHI - more like 2 as not done any since Wednesday
    MAD half hour
    Use the oven intelligently =- can you make two meals and save cooking time later? i dont have the brain power to cook one tonight lol :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure