PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'll believe you MTSTM, hopefully whoever has it isn't like my sister and it actually will be returned...:rotfl:

As I suspected when I typed it, I've gone for unhealthy option b):o, though with a nod to :money:, I haven't put the oven on for a few chips but cubed and nuked a spud then finished them in a pan to get brown and crispy :cool:
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I think we have a mouse or mice (or rats) in the attic. I woke up and realised I could hear scratching in the ceiling above me.:eek:

We have 3 cats and 2 terriers, but we never go near the attic.

I wonder if the home insurance would cover that, they must be getting sick of us calling them up!
  • Wednesday2000
    That is why I'm up so early, I kept imagining a mouse dropping onto my head!:rotfl:

I'm going on a 3 day cleanse as I can't work out what is upsetting my stomach. I thought it was gluten, but I'm not sure if it is something else as well.

No caffeine, gluten or alcohol and I'm keeping a food diary to see if I can work out what it is.

All I have had is a probiotic and a glass of lemon water. Well, it is only 4.15 in the morning!:D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    sounds like you are going to need a nap wednesday

Breakfast granola/hemp/walnuts/dried raspberries. Bacon and an egg shortly. Banana later on its own.

Lunch, I have pesto to use up and will whizz with a slice of bread to top cod, for baking I also have kale and will make stir fried garlic and kale

I am not sure about last meal, which is always light, maybe some toast or a toasted sandwich and lettuce

I need to eat a berry/apple crumble and hm yogurt today. I also want to juice carrot/celery/lemon/ginger, I prefer that to a soup and it means I get that big boost of veg in an easy fashion. Probably between banana and lunch. Plenty of food on this list and not hard to prep. Leaves me time to, again, sort some kitchen stuff
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Wednesday - sounds like time to send the squad in- claws at the ready !!:whistle:

Cleaning day today it's a lovely sunny morning, I've stripped the beds and 1st load is in towels next. Major clean needed today as soon as dgson goes to school.ive just finished 2 toast with cheese spread and a cup of tea.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Still deep in snow here. Icy underfoot. Very light snow still falling.
    There was snow yesterday evening and overnight.

Crumpets for breakfast, as they're out.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 March 2018 at 1:25PM
    I think we have a mouse or mice (or rats) in the attic. I woke up and realised I could hear scratching in the ceiling above me.:eek:

We have 3 cats and 2 terriers, but we never go near the attic.

I wonder if the home insurance would cover that, they must be getting sick of us calling them up!
    I think managing vermin ingress generally comes under home maintenance so you won't normally be insured. Plus a lot of policies even exclude damage by vermin ie chewed wiring etc. However some have 'pest/emergency cover' as an optional extra which includes call out and/or damage. But there can be all sorts of caveats in the small print. You need to check your level of cover in your policy documents.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,193 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Woke up to find fresh snow overnight, and more coming down now, that's my SM mooching killed for the day. Luckily I've plenty to get on with which does not include Ooomph, stripping the bed excepted

Breakfast was pot of tea, porridge with fake maple syrup and HM yoghurt. One of the CFO troubles with "bargain bundles" The fake MS came bundled in on Pancake day. it is only flavoured sugar basically and of nil nutritional value, just calories, but has to be eaten, or binned

With healthy hat on I brewed up more HM yoghurt, now in the heater thing

Lunch, it must involve bread before my loaf goes really stale. not sure who mentioned nuked eggs, I may use up some of my egg hoard nuked on toast. A plan if I CBA

Dinner will be LO chick / leek pie from yesterday, with last of the rosti spuds. Pie was OK, not sure there is much left of it's innards because I kept scooping them out yesterday. Could be crust and not much else:o
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    kittie wrote: »
    sounds like you are going to need a nap wednesday

I did exactly that Kittie, I fell asleep, except this time I slept in the room with my terriers as I wanted to make sure a brave mouse would get caught if he decided to venture out from the attic!:D
    pineapple wrote: »
    I think managing vermin ingress generally comes under home maintenance so you won't normally be insured. Plus a lot of policies even exclude damage by vermin ie chewed wiring etc. However some have 'pest/emergency cover' as an optional extra which includes call out and/or damage. But there can be all sorts of caveat in the small print. You need to check your level of cover in your policy documents.

I will check that now.:)
  • Wednesday2000
    I had some GF toast with marg and peanut butter before my nap. I think that is the best way I've had GF toast as it felt much more like real bread.

I'm going to make a lovely, colourful red lentil soup for lunch.There is still snow here. I'm really getting sick of it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback