PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Himself strolled back today with Denby Cotswold teacups & saucers, and two very high end mountaineering tops, only one of which was big for the snappy dresser, so now two lads are turned out superb in case of serious cold. In time for the weekend, too!

He was looking for soapstone doodads to reshape, but they'd all been rehomed in the previous week. If he'd not found the tops, he'd have been a grouchy soul!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Himself strolled back today with Denby Cotswold teacups & saucers, and two very high end mountaineering tops, only one of which was big for the snappy dresser, so now two lads are turned out superb in case of serious cold. In time for the weekend, too!

He was looking for soapstone doodads to reshape, but they'd all been rehomed in the previous week. If he'd not found the tops, he'd have been a grouchy soul!
    My local Age UK shop has some Denby Troubadour, including a lidded individual soup bowl. I have one of these in Gypsy (minus the lid) on my desk as a pen holder.
  • cbsexec
    cbsexec Posts: 578 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    A lovely pair of M&S jeggings on the £1 rail of our hospice shop. My bargains are few and far between but sometimes I get lucky.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    cbsexec wrote: »
    A lovely pair of M&S jeggings on the £1 rail of our hospice shop. My bargains are few and far between but sometimes I get lucky.
    Usually great quality. :)

I'd rather pay £3.00 for M&S or Next leggings from a charity shop (obviously in very good condition) than buy a new pair from Primark for £2.50.
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Two maternity tops, one Next and one Mothercare £1 each. Local hospice shop.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »

Also saw a thick pashmina stylee wrap, plain red with a woven pattern of peacock feathers, priced at £1. I have been looking for something to go with a short sleeved red dress but was not sure if the shade/tone was quite right. Now regretting leaving it as would have gone with lots of other things. Not likely to get back there till Thurs/Fri and bound to have some by then....aaarrgghh!

:j :j :j

Went back today and it was still there.....and it goes with the dress :)
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    :j :j :j

Went back today and it was still there.....and it goes with the dress :)

Oh Fab , Pleased for you, it does sound nice. :j

I have been very good lately and not entered a chazzer shop except to donate :D but I am having serious withdrawal lol so happy with all of your updates on the good finds :D

Not sure how long I can keep it up. :o

Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Usually great quality. :)

I'd rather pay £3.00 for M&S or Next leggings from a charity shop (obviously in very good condition) than buy a new pair from Primark for £2.50.

Primark leggings are see-through - I cringe when I see people wearing them! Next leggings were awful quality too though - almost immediately sagged at the knees. I am currently rating Lidl (after some people rated them on these forums), although the sizing tends to come up small the quality is fabulous. I only buy cotton leggings though, at least 95% cotton and 5% elastane. Lidl's are even organic sometimes. River Island are great jeggings- might be a tad expensive, but last for years and are wonderfully comfortable with a wide waistband. Wish I could find high quality leggings with a wide waistband again.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    My daughter has just passed on a gorgeous angora mix open jacket, black, with black embroidery and beading, and ribbed cuffs.
    She loved it but at 6' 2'', the sleeves were too short for her - not for me.

It looks as if it was one of those market stall/non-label buys from the early Nineties, I had a lovely black and white pearl beaded oversized jumper at that time, and I think I saw something like this on sale in the same shop.

This was bought from a local charity shop, I didn't ask my DD how much she paid, but it wouldn't have been more that a fiver.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Set off to go to the hospice's latest initiative of a monthly Saturday jumble sale only to get caught in a blizzard of snow and hail. Must have been influenced by the weather as my only purchase was a b/n nightshirt-type garment in a blue check pattern, made from something that reminds me of the old fashioned flannelette, (do they still make that?), feels so warm and cosy! Priced at £1. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure