No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2018

Comments

• asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 10 November 2018 at 7:16PM
    I'm in again for November, hoping for No Buy November, I shouldn't need to make any purchases. October was (I think) two INs and four UUs.

Baby arrived at the end of October and I'm now on maternity leave, so will need to focus on making sure I keep UU'ing things - two weeks experience has shown that keeping clean and fragrant is i) tricky and ii) important for my mental health.

One UU for November: Superdrug peach handwash purchased in 2009 (I prefer soap, glad this is gone)

Congratulations :)

1 UU Clarins Body Lotion - love the consistency and the feel of it but I prefer Body butters.
    I should make a list of my stash too but too lazy..I do have too many of the same products and not any back up for others. I try to focus on a certain item each time. Since the summer, I have been using up some cleansers I have. That has been successful. I do have a lot of travel size cleansers from beauty boxes. Most of these are not suitable for my skin and I think I should repurpose them as shower gels or gifts!
    ally.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    First UU for this month
    L’Occitane La Mer soap small bar 1/97
    70ml MV Gentle Cream Cleanser £39 2/98

Still no Ins, but did find an OPI Infinite Shine set in TKM, but nail polish etc not included in this challenge.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 November 2018 at 10:04PM
    I have a problem. I have been using up a sachet of L'Oreal Hydra Genius Aloe Water and my skin seems to love it in terms of healing and normalising the red and irittable bits. It's not rich enough as my skin does need several layers of it, though it is the norm/comb version. I have decades of moistourisers and loads I haven't tried but am seriously temped to buy the dry/sensitive version.
  • PP
    Bodyshop vitamin E facewash
    Bodyshop vitamin E moisturiser
    Bodyshop vitamin E facespray
    Bodyshop Vitamin E cleanser
    Bodyshop vitamin E toner
    Garnier skin active facewipes day
    Garnier skin active facewipes night
    Garnier skin active moisture bomb
    Bio oil
    Lacura Q10 face serum
    Simple micellar water
    Nutra nail healing foot moisturiser
    Lancome miracle
    Garnier ultimate blends handcream
    Zoella wonderhand
    Carmex
    EOS lip balm
    Loreal infallible 24h matte powder (sand beige)
    Loreal falsh lash teloscopic (magnetic black)
    Lancome hypnose mascara (black)
    Dove deodorant
    [STRIKE]Rose bath fizzer[/STRIKE]

UU
    Rose bath fizzer - this was actually used up from my Mums stash but she won't use anything like that - WNBA

Dxxx
  • I feel like I’ve had the mindset change to reduce my stash, really happy with progress, slow and steady.

I need to do the same with my clothes and shoes now! Do you guys know if there is a similar thread to this for those?

Thnx
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU today:

Impulse Instant Crush 75ml WDBA and will do in the future. Lovely scent. And cheap :)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Two INs today:

La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere Moisturiser 40ml
    SVR Sebiaclear SPF50+ Creme 50ml

Necessary items. Both items get used daily and I'm nearing the end of my current tubes of each.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I feel like I’ve had the mindset change to reduce my stash, really happy with progress, slow and steady.

I need to do the same with my clothes and shoes now! Do you guys know if there is a similar thread to this for those?

Thnx

I think it's called the Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge and might be on the Old Style Board.

uu

Soap & Glory Orangeasm Body Butter 300ml - really liked this.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Thanks dolly84, looks hardcore!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    VALM wrote: »
    What a slow week. Still no UUs but feel the Elemis PCMC and Laura Geller Bronze Spackle will be gone over the weekend/early next week.

The PCMC is gone. Have a new one to open.

Also, UUed a bottle of Boots nail polish remover. Emma has half a bottle in her bedroom that I'll use next.

Have pulled out three nail colours for this week: OPI Aphrodite's Pink Nightie (wearing today), OPI Parlez Vous OPI? and OPI By Popular Vote.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family