PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• Good morning - apologies for the delay in replying but we are waiting for an update from those responsible for the case. It appears that we will need to write out again to the solicitors acting to resolve some points for the application to be in order, but I hope to be able to confirm this shortly.
    Thank You, hopefully it will be done soon, as our mortgage offer expires soon.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,779 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thank You, hopefully it will be done soon, as our mortgage offer expires soon.
    I can confirm that we wrote out to the solicitors acting yesterday to raise two points that need to be resolved before the case can proceed.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I can confirm that we wrote out to the solicitors acting yesterday to raise two points that need to be resolved before the case can proceed.
    Thank You for the update ! :)
  • Hello,
    We are currently purchasing a property that had been part-exchanged. We are now waiting on the processing of an RX4 form to proceed before our solicitors will exchange contracts. I believe the issue is the title deeds are in the names of the original home owners and not the building company they have part exchanged with. Are you able to indicate what time frame this is likely to take to complete.

Many thanks
  • Hello again, Land Registry :)

It seems that we are now going down the deed of rectification route.

Is it possible for you to give an estimate for long long it takes to register such deeds at Land Registry, assuming that all paperwork is correct?
    Selling up and moving to the seasaw. Mortgage-free by 2020 :)
  • Adly812
    Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Please help me with the fee scale relating to transfer of ownership. My mum is transferring her house worth £200 k to me. However no money is being exchanged as it’s a gift. What fee would we need to send along to the land registry with the completed tr1 form ?
  • Hi

I’m a homeowner and live alone. Are there any plans to introduce a single person discount on rates as offered in england on council tax ? It doesn’t seem right that I pay the same as my neighbour who is 4 person household and we’re all getting the same services.

Thanks
  • Land_Registry
    pt1188 wrote: »
    Hi Land registry

My wife & I own a leasehold flat as well as a share of the freehold (it's one of a conversion of 3 flats in the building)
    We wish to gift the flat to our son and I know that I have to complete forms AP1, TR1 as well as ID1's for all three of us in respect of the leasehold transfer of the flat from us to him.

The freehold title is in the joint names of my wife & I plus two others and I know that I have to complete a separate TR1 form to remove my wife's and my name and add my son's name to it.

My question is this - as the freehold has only a notional value which is shared with the other two flat owners, do I need to complete ID1 forms for the other two owners whose names appear on the freehold title. I understand that the ID1 form is not needed on transactions whose value is less than £6000

My second question is whether the two transfers can be submitted in one AP1 form?

Thanks for your help.

Apologies fir a delayed response on this one.

Freeholds very rarely have a 'notional value' even with leases granted. If the transfer is not for value, namely a gift/no monetary consideration, and you do not provide ID1s for the other parties, then you'll need to confirm the current market value of the freehold to show it's value is truly under £6k and that most of the value is included in the leaseholds.

If you choose that option I woukd recommend that you get a valuation from a local agent. And also bear in mind that we reserve the right to request evidence of identity on all applications.

You will need to submit separate AP1s for each transfer but you can rely on the same evidence of identity for each if submitted together
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Shelleybob wrote: »
    Hello,
    We are currently purchasing a property that had been part-exchanged. We are now waiting on the processing of an RX4 form to proceed before our solicitors will exchange contracts. I believe the issue is the title deeds are in the names of the original home owners and not the building company they have part exchanged with. Are you able to indicate what time frame this is likely to take to complete.

Many thanks

An RX4 is an application to withdraw a restriction. It does not change the registered ownership.

RX4s are submitted by the beneficiary of the restriction and the average timescale involved is around 2 weeks providing its in order and we don't have to carry out wider checks re it's authenticity
  • Land_Registry
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    Please help me with the fee scale relating to transfer of ownership. My mum is transferring her house worth £200 k to me. However no money is being exchanged as it’s a gift. What fee would we need to send along to the land registry with the completed tr1 form ?

Scale 2 on the value - so if it's exactly £200K the fee is £60
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback