Quote for flat refurbishment

Hi everyone,
I just wanted some opinions if a quote for a complete refurbishment of a first floor, two bedroom flat was fair. The flat is in the south east, nearish to Gatwick, for reference.

New Fuseboard and Full Re-wire
To Supply and Install a 10-way dual RCD consumer unit with MCB's
To Chase walls and Run new wiring throughout for new sockets/ lighting and switches as
discussed (4no. Sockets in each room, 2no. In hall )
To Supply and Install hard wired Smoke and Heat Alarms where necessary
To Isolate and remove all existing cabling

Kitchen
To Isolate and remove existing kitchen
To Install kitchen units, sink and any appliances (Client to supply kitchen and appliances)-Ive
allowed a PC sum of £1,850 for labour inc plumbing and electrical materials as unsure what
kitchen and worktops you are having
To Tile Above worktops to underside of units (Client to supply Tiles adhesives and grouts)

Bathroom
To Isolate and remove existing sanitaryware
To Remove all tiles from walls
To Install new boxings where necessary
To Supply and install wall mounted fan heater
To Supply and Install extractor
To Install new sanitaryware- Shower tray and screen/ Basin, Vanity unit, Toilet and
thermostatic shower (Client to supply)
To Tile floor to ceiling around shower tray, behind vanity unit and floor (Client to supply Tiles,
adhesives and grout)

General
To Infill window in kitchen, brickwork outside skin, insulated and plasterboard internal
To Install 4no. Hard wired, wall mounted 2000w ceramic heaters
To Fill chases, make good and plaster all walls throughout to a smooth finish ready for
decoration (Decoration by others)
To Remove all waste from site

Notes-
No Decoration allowed for

Cost of works= £17,350
Plus vat@ 20%=£3,470
Total including VAT=£20,820

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• cybervic
    cybervic Posts: 597
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 2 November 2018 at 8:42AM
    It's hard to comment on your quote without knowing the size and current condition of your flat. I am also in South East and in the process of renovating 2 flat. Here are the quote I have for:

Full Rewire: £3600 - £4300
    The quote depends on your flat layout, how easy/hard it is to run the cable and chase the wall. How are you changing the lighting cables...etc.

New Kitchen: £1400 - £2000 labour
    New Bathroom: £1800 - £2200 labour
    The labour costs regarding above 2 areas depend on complexity of plumbing and electrical requirement. some old pipe may be tricky replace, you may need to replaster...etc

plastering of whole flat's ceiling, make good of kitchen wall, bathroom wall, rewire holes ceiling. £1600 - £2000 labour.

The builders I approached charges £250-£300 per day. Perhaps you can do the calculation yourself and work out how long it'd take and how much it'd cost. All price I mentioned include VAT.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure