Sickness Benefit Terms changed after being TUPE'd to another company

2»

Comments

• polgara
    polgara Posts: 500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    nicechap wrote: »
    I don!!!8217;t think you!!!8217;re right.

The new NHS deal is entirely linked to pay rise in exchange for reduced sick pay. There again, maybe you!!!8217;re right and the government and unions have got it wrong.

Thats not related to TUPE though
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 May 2018 at 9:09AM
    polgara wrote: »
    Thats not related to TUPE though

Except it does, people move trusts all the time and under the deal, when you move, you can be moved onto the lesser sick pay benefits. Same applies if you get promoted, you ll get an even higher salary but lower sickness benefits. There!!!8217;s rumours the GMB are opposing it because of this change - but that!!!8217;s another subject.

At the point of TUPE, benefits are the same, but they can be changed (subject to certain things like consultation or being informed) and then you have the choice to accept them by doing nothing or actively fighting them.

Yawn: https://www.employmentsolicitor.com/tupe-cut-employee-benefits/
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Does he have payslips from when he has been ill in the past?
    Those could potentially be used.

Contracts are not always issued, but it does not mean a contract is not in place.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    nicechap wrote: »
    Except it does, people move trusts all the time and under the deal, when you move, you can be moved onto the lesser sick pay benefits. Same applies if you get promoted, you ll get an even higher salary but lower sickness benefits. There’s rumours the GMB are opposing it because of this change - but that’s another subject.

At the point of TUPE, benefits are the same, but they can be changed (subject to certain things like consultation or being informed) and then you have the choice to accept them by doing nothing or actively fighting them.
    Promotions are completely different since you're accepting a new job.
    TUPE conditions can only be changed for genuine business reasons. It's not just a case of consultation or new contracts. Doing nothing does not affect your TUPE rights at all.
    I believe you are wrong on all accounts
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure