Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aqua26
    • By Aqua26 27th Dec 19, 8:15 PM
    • 40Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Aqua26
    Santander Mortgage Application timeline
    • 27th Dec 19, 8:15 PM
    Santander Mortgage Application timeline 27th Dec 19 at 8:15 PM
    Folks, just thought to check if someone has had a recent mortgage application with Santander through an independent M broker ?
    trying to find out whats the time line - is that the case that once they instruct valuation survey, it means the application is with underwriters ? and all they are waiting for is the valuation of the property to be confirmed before issuing M offer ?

Just feeling v anxious and keen to find out about the process !!

thanks in advance !!
Page 3
    • h240
    • By h240 10th Jan 20, 11:19 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    h240
    Littlecloud, I know! Roll on Monday, hope we all hear something next week :-)
    • lac93
    • By lac93 11th Jan 20, 9:57 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lac93
    7th January- DIP
    8th January - Completed application
    Only requested 1 pay slip each

Then on the 10th January they've asked for more information to confirm my address and questioned full company sick pay on my pay slip. I've informed them it was only 2 weeks work related incident and I am back in work on full terms and conditions of employment.

I am worried they will wait for 3 weeks until my next pay slip (I get paid on the last working day of the month), as this will delay the process by 3 weeks! I have provided them with Novembers pay slip to show what a normal month looks like.

They have instructed the valuation.

Its just a waiting game now...
    • manuvirk
    • By manuvirk 13th Jan 20, 1:45 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    manuvirk
    Thanks everyone offered issued on Friday 10th Jan
    • littlecloud
    • By littlecloud 13th Jan 20, 2:02 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    littlecloud
    Congrats, manuirk! That's great news. Now you can properly plan your move.
    Things are looking more hopeful for me too. They've accepted everything I sent last week in response to their questions and seem to be dotting the i's and crossing the t's with a couple more questions now.
    • h240
    • By h240 13th Jan 20, 3:19 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    h240
    Just seen your other post littlecloud (thought it was best to post here instead) that’s good news! So we’ve been updated atleast and looks like we should hear this week (praying). Anyone else heard anything today regarding their applications?
    • lac93
    • By lac93 13th Jan 20, 6:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lac93
    Our application is now with the underwriters, should hear in 3 days.
    • twilightzone
    • By twilightzone 14th Jan 20, 10:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    twilightzone
    Santander are useless and clearly struggling financially.

They kept asking questions upon questions, dragging it out for weeks and weeks. Then declined for some arbitrary reason. Putting our house purchase into jeopardy.

Seriously, look elsewhere.
    Last edited by twilightzone; 14-01-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    • h240
    • By h240 14th Jan 20, 10:59 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    h240
    Oh no twilightzone they are taking forever it’s 4 weeks ago now our application went to them
    • h240
    • By h240 14th Jan 20, 2:12 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    h240
    Just received our mortgage offer!!!! Good luck to those still waiting :-D
    • littlecloud
    • By littlecloud 14th Jan 20, 4:48 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    littlecloud
    H240 that's brilliant news! You must be so pleased. Congrats!
    • h240
    • By h240 14th Jan 20, 4:53 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    h240
    Cannot believe it! I thought there would be nothing else this week. It’s funny our broker called 10 minutes before we got there offer to say don’t worry they’ve got everything they need now. Feeling relieved. Any news for you? Apparently there’s no back log now got everything crossed for you
    • littlecloud
    • By littlecloud 14th Jan 20, 5:11 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    littlecloud
    Thanks, h240, we've heard nothing but I'm taking that as a positive sign. At least they're not looking for anything else. I'm hopeful we'll get good news this week. At least you can start planning your house move now. Enjoy!
    • littlecloud
    • By littlecloud 16th Jan 20, 12:14 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    littlecloud
    Just to update that we received our mortgage offer from Santander today. Absolutely thrilled! To those still waiting, hang in there. It's a stressful process - especially when you're self-employed as there is so much stuff to send through. But it came good in the end. Totally worth the wait!
    • h240
    • By h240 16th Jan 20, 1:17 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    h240
    Ahhh congratulations littlecloud! It is worth the stressful wait in the end isnít it. We can relax a bit more for now!
    • littlecloud
    • By littlecloud 16th Jan 20, 1:19 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    littlecloud
    Thanks, h240, it's a great feeling! Here's to a stress-free move for us all.
    • Aqua26
    • By Aqua26 16th Jan 20, 1:19 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Aqua26
    Great great news all around - sorry for delay in coming back to you guys - we received our offer on friday the 10th Jan .. now hoping rest all goes smooth !!!! still very anxious and worried due to long chain we have !!!!
    • Aqua26
    • By Aqua26 16th Jan 20, 1:20 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Aqua26
    Thanks, h240, it's a great feeling! Here's to a stress-free move for us all.
    Originally posted by littlecloud

yep wishing all a smooth and swift exchange and move !!!!
    • littlecloud
    • By littlecloud 17th Jan 20, 2:33 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    littlecloud
    That's great Aqua26! I'm sure it will be plain sailing from here.
    • Aqua26
    • By Aqua26 17th Jan 20, 2:38 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Aqua26
    That's great Aqua26! I'm sure it will be plain sailing from here.
    Originally posted by littlecloud

I hope so really - so many other things and specially when you're in chain ... always making me more anxious of how decisions of your life are controlled by other people !!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

376Posts Today

5,061Users online

Martin's Twitter