Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 4:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eon

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly??
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 11-09-2017 at 1:59 PM.
Page 82
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 7th Jan 20, 4:30 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    SeeMe
    Hello SeeMe and a Happy New Year.

I'm sorry it's taken so long to complete your switch. As you say, we'll send our opening readings to your new supplier via the third party who checks they're in line with past readings. It's important your old supplier uses these readings to close your account. This makes sure the same energy isn't charged twice.
    Hi

You can take more control over your payments by using the online Direct Debit Manager. Provided the account is billed up to the latest readings, you can alter the monthly payments by up to 20 per cent up or down; by up to 5 per cent up or down without readings.

Thanks for your patience SeeMe.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Hi Malc and happy new year.
    Well just got another increased bill from british gas to be paid in 10 days, fed up now.

Had to increase DD over the phone,and your post above bolded bit i think you mean old supplier
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 7th Jan 20, 4:59 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    Started the switch to Eon in November, switch completed 9th Dec.
    Bank details provided at switch time.

Direct debit not set up at bank. Online account shows "Cash/Cheque".
    Tariff conditions state that S/C will go up by 45 for each fuel if direct debit is not in place.
    Online chat - they can't set up a direct debit without meter readings - not a problem - second property with zero gas/electric consumption over the last month.

"The system" won't accept that no energy has been consumed, so after an hour of "online chat", no direct debit setiup, no indication of whether Eon are going to charge me extra for their mistake.

So it looks like I'm locked into a further 11 months of hell with another energy supplier with broken IT systems.

Is there a single energy provider which understands that it is possible to have a property with zero energy consumption?
    • joeblack9
    • By joeblack9 9th Jan 20, 3:55 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    joeblack9
    Changed from eon on 24 Oct 2019 still waiting for final bill . Had to raise a complaint before Christmas, got an email after Christmas due to back office issues unable to resolve you complaint. Will email and update on 16th Jan. Utter rubbish and lies told everytime I phone .
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Switching to E.ON
    Hi Malc and happy new year.
    Well just got another increased bill from british gas to be paid in 10 days, fed up now.

Had to increase DD over the phone,and your post above bolded bit i think you mean old supplier
    Originally posted by SeeMe

Sorry SeeMe. You're right, I meant the old supplier. I've just edited my earlier post.

Thank you.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Switching to E.ON
    Started the switch to Eon in November, switch completed 9th Dec.
    Bank details provided at switch time.

Direct debit not set up at bank. Online account shows "Cash/Cheque".
    Tariff conditions state that S/C will go up by 45 for each fuel if direct debit is not in place.
    Online chat - they can't set up a direct debit without meter readings - not a problem - second property with zero gas/electric consumption over the last month.

"The system" won't accept that no energy has been consumed, so after an hour of "online chat", no direct debit setiup, no indication of whether Eon are going to charge me extra for their mistake.

So it looks like I'm locked into a further 11 months of hell with another energy supplier with broken IT systems.

Is there a single energy provider which understands that it is possible to have a property with zero energy consumption?
    Originally posted by pochisoldi

Hello pochisoldi and thanks for joining us.

I'm sorry you're having a problem setting up a Direct Debit. These need to be set up directly with us. This is usually done at the point a switch is started whether online or over the phone. Not sure why this didn't happen for you.

Also, meter readings aren't needed to set up a Direct Debit only when amending an existing one. I'm sorry you were told this.

As you've registered with our website, you can set up an arrangement by logging in and choosing 'set up a Direct Debit' from the Direct Debit tile on the landing page. You'll be asked to choose either a Variable or Monthly Direct Debit. Please choose the type you want and follow the on-screen instructions.

Variable Direct Debits collect the full bill amount about two weeks after a bill is issued. Monthly Direct Debits spread the energy costs over a 12 month period. Both arrangements give cheaper prices for paying this way. As you say, other payment methods are more expensive.

Whilst it's right, meter readings can't be entered online where there's been zero consumption, advisors can override this and enter them manually.

Sorry again you've had these difficulties pochisoldi and that our Live Chatter didn't do as you asked. I'll feed this back.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Switching from E.ON
    Changed from eon on 24 Oct 2019 still waiting for final bill . Had to raise a complaint before Christmas, got an email after Christmas due to back office issues unable to resolve you complaint. Will email and update on 16th Jan. Utter rubbish and lies told everytime I phone .
    Originally posted by joeblack9

Hello joeblack9 and sorry to lose you.

We need to close your account to the same meter readings your new supplier uses to open their account. This makes sure the same energy isn't charged twice. The new supplier sends us these readings via a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past readings held for the property.

If we haven't received anything 42 calendar days after the supply end date, we can start contacting the new supplier to move this forward. Once we've raised the final bill any credit balance will be refunded.

Sorry for the delay joeblack9.

Malc
    • SaveMeDo
    • By SaveMeDo 10th Jan 20, 1:19 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    SaveMeDo
    I signed up to E on 1 January, through Uswitch,

Fix Online Exclusive v22
    About this electricity tariff
    Supplier E.ON (E.ON Energy Solutions Limited)
    Tariff name Fix Online Exclusive v22
    Tariff type Fixed price
    Payment method Monthly Direct Debit
    Unit rate Day rate 17.525p per kWh
    Night rate 9.293p per kWh
    Standing charge 5.64p per day
    Tariff ends on 12 month fixed term
    Price guaranteed until 12 month fixed term
    Exit fees (if you leave this plan early) 30.00
    Discount and additional charges Not applicable
    Additional products or services included Not applicable

However, I cancelled the order when they said the switch would take place before my contract with OVO ended. I later tried to reorder the same deal, but I can't get Eon to do it.

How do I reorder this deal?

The chatbots can't do it.

The email form doesn't work.

The email address's just bounce.

Lost patience waiting on the phone.

Uswitch isn't answering either!

I tried reordering through Uswitch, but Eon just cancelled the order.

Can anyone from Eon help, pretty please?
    E.ON Fix Online Exclusive v22
    I signed up to E on 1 January, through Uswitch,

Fix Online Exclusive v22
    About this electricity tariff
    Supplier E.ON (E.ON Energy Solutions Limited)
    Tariff name Fix Online Exclusive v22
    Tariff type Fixed price
    Payment method Monthly Direct Debit
    Unit rate Day rate 17.525p per kWh
    Night rate 9.293p per kWh
    Standing charge 5.64p per day
    Tariff ends on 12 month fixed term
    Price guaranteed until 12 month fixed term
    Exit fees (if you leave this plan early) 30.00
    Discount and additional charges Not applicable
    Additional products or services included Not applicable

However, I cancelled the order when they said the switch would take place before my contract with OVO ended. I later tried to reorder the same deal, but I can't get Eon to do it.

How do I reorder this deal?

The chatbots can't do it.

The email form doesn't work.

The email address's just bounce.

Lost patience waiting on the phone.

Uswitch isn't answering either!

I tried reordering through Uswitch, but Eon just cancelled the order.

Can anyone from Eon help, pretty please?
    Originally posted by SaveMeDo

Hello SaveMeDo and many thanks for your interest in joining us.

Our Fix Online Exclusive (version 22) tariff is only available through Price Comparison sites like the Cheap Energy Club on MSE and uSwitch.

It's not on our website and our advisors don't have the access to put through a switch for you.

When you cancelled your first application, did you do this during the 14 day cooling off period? If you did, the Price Comparison sites should be able to put this through again.

Hope this points you in the right direction SaveMeDo and thanks again for your interest.

Malc
    • SaveMeDo
    • By SaveMeDo 14th Jan 20, 1:15 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    SaveMeDo
    Hi

The switch seems to be going through now, I think Uswitch might have pushed it forward after I emailed them.

Yes it was in the cooling off period.

I have to say that Eon are not a very responsive company!

Anyway, as long as I don't have any problems, it won't matter, will it.

Cheers anyway.
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 14th Jan 20, 4:52 PM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,255 Thanks
    Bettie
    I joined Eon last November . They were given readings. I can't access much of the Eon site now, maybe my IPad is too old but there's nowhere to enter readings or see any bills. I can see a gas bill on my phone and I'm being told to lower my DD . I did online chat and was told the electric has not been set up correctly and I need to phone the change of supplier team.
    After holding on for quite a while I gave up. . I'm worried about phoning 0345 numbers and the cost ! Is there any freephone number ? Or any other way to contact and get this sorted ? I feel I've wasted my afternoon
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 15th Jan 20, 2:01 PM
    • 1,813 Posts
    • 729 Thanks
    littlewren
    I joined Eon last November . They were given readings. I can't access much of the Eon site now, maybe my IPad is too old but there's nowhere to enter readings or see any bills. I can see a gas bill on my phone and I'm being told to lower my DD . I did online chat and was told the electric has not been set up correctly and I need to phone the change of supplier team.
    After holding on for quite a while I gave up. . I'm worried about phoning 0345 numbers and the cost ! Is there any freephone number ? Or any other way to contact and get this sorted ? I feel I've wasted my afternoon
    Originally posted by Bettie
    I can't help you with your query, but have you heard of WEQ4U? It's an app you put on your phone, you dial the number through them and if you're put in a queue, you press a certain number for WEQ4U to keep the number active, your phone will disconnect and then reconnect when you reach the top of the queue. It's a brilliant app, I've been using it for years. I had to cancel an appt at the hospital a few weeks ago, I would have waited nearly an hour if I'd done it the normal way, but using WE4U cut it down to just a couple of minutes.
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
    • Shytorque
    • By Shytorque 15th Jan 20, 2:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Shytorque
    I was ripped off
    I was with Eon from the day I moved into my House way back in 2002. I was not perturbed by the bills steadily increasing over the years, hey it's inflation right!
    Having quite a decent job, each month Eon would send me a bill for about 100. I never really knew the cost of electricity and I never really shopped around. Too much hassle right?
    I was encouraged to go paperless, but I had yet to buy a smart phone so kept with paper bills.
    Time went on.... I retired two years ago. Now, with a meagre pension I started scrutinising my monthly outlay.
    I wanted to reduce my bills, so looked at a comparison website to see what was on offer.
    With a switch of electricity provider and the installation of a smart meter, (free of charge), the new provider promised a reduction of at least 30.
    As well as the new meter, I had a remote device that showed me my usage, WOW!!
    It displayed my consumption was averaging about 1.30 / day.
    My monthly Direct debit is now about 40..... I knew car insurance was a rip off if you didn't shop around each year, but utility providers. I am so angry with myself for those 16 years of overpayments. I don't want to work it out how much I have given them. Where do I stand? Can I recover my loss?
    Cheers for any feedback Shytorque
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 15th Jan 20, 3:29 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 818 Thanks
    Gerry1
    Where do I stand? Can I recover my loss?
    Originally posted by Shytorque
    Absolutely not, I'm afraid.

You haven't 'lost' anything at all, you just failed to choose the cheapest supplier. It's like complaining that your tins of baked beans from Harrods cost more than those at Lidl.

As you're quoting rather than p/kWh, your next big mistake is likely to be not understanding fixed direct debits.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits/#whatyoupay
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 15th Jan 20, 4:27 PM
    • 5,155 Posts
    • 8,620 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Shytorque, you say you are retired so surely you must be of a certain age. I am in my 50s and was raised to take responsibility for my mistakes; I'm sure you were, too. As Gerry1 says, do you expect Harrod's to refund the difference because LIDL are cheaper? You made your choice: You chose not to look elsewhere.

We can all lament our mistakes; surely the point is to learn from them. Believe me, I could waste hours kicking myself for not finding this site before I did but what good would it do?

Watch the comparison sites, take account of exit fees if on a fixed tariff; in short, learn. One is never too old for that, right? Just be glad you have realised now how much money you could save. Have you searched this site/others to see how much more you might manage? Check out the insurance bit.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • BMW51K
    • By BMW51K 15th Jan 20, 4:30 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    BMW51K
    Switched in June 2019. The switch went smoothly, and I have received MSE cashback - as well as being on what is still the cheapest fixed rate tariff. Although I have a smart reader, as it was installed by another supplier, it is dumb and I have to submit readings each month - but at least the smart meter gives me them without my having to go outside. Eon suggested lowering my monthly direct debit, and that has worked out well so far.
    • Shytorque
    • By Shytorque 15th Jan 20, 6:09 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Shytorque
    Hey Guys, Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I wasn't expecting much more than the answers that you gave. i quite honestly wanted to vent a little. yes I know it is my own fault not seeking a better deal sooner. It is the fact that I did not realise that the cost of kw/hr tariffs were that different. Thanks again, rant over.
    shytorque
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 15th Jan 20, 6:42 PM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,255 Thanks
    Bettie
    I can't help you with your query, but have you heard of WEQ4U? It's an app you put on your phone, you dial the number through them and if you're put in a queue, you press a certain number for WEQ4U to keep the number active, your phone will disconnect and then reconnect when you reach the top of the queue. It's a brilliant app, I've been using it for years. I had to cancel an appt at the hospital a few weeks ago, I would have waited nearly an hour if I'd done it the normal way, but using WE4U cut it down to just a couple of minutes.
    Originally posted by littlewren
    I will look into it. Sounds brilliant . Thanks !
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 15th Jan 20, 7:23 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 818 Thanks
    Gerry1
    I retired two years ago. Now, with a meagre pension I started scrutinising my monthly outlay.
    I wanted to reduce my bills
    Originally posted by Shytorque
    I trust that you're not missing out on any other benefits and discounts to which you may be entitled, e.g. Warm Home Discount, Priority Services Register, 25% discount on Council Tax if sole occupier, etc ?

Similarly, you don't need a TV Licence if you only watch online catch up programmes (excluding the BBC iPlayer). You need a licence only if you watch or record programmes as they are broadcast on TV or if you watch via the BBC iPlayer.
    Switching to E.ON
    Hi

The switch seems to be going through now, I think Uswitch might have pushed it forward after I emailed them.

Yes it was in the cooling off period.

I have to say that Eon are not a very responsive company!

Anyway, as long as I don't have any problems, it won't matter, will it.

Cheers anyway.
    Originally posted by SaveMeDo
    Glad the switch is going through SaveMeDo and I'm sorry you don't find us very responsive.

If you do need to talk to us please try the Live Chat service on our website. Advisors are online from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays.

Thanks SaveMeDo.

Malc
    Switching to E.ON
    Originally posted by Bettie

Hello Bettie and many thanks for joining us.

I suspect it's the progress of the switch rather than your devices that's been stopping you from seeing various parts of your online account.

Switches usually go through in about two and half weeks. This will be the Supply Start Date (SSD). It takes longer before accounts are fully up and running as we need to let other industry third parties know about the change of supplier. These include the energy distributors, meter operators/readers and the national databases. We look to have everything done within 42 calendar days of the SSD. It's often earlier.

Once all is through, accounts go fully live and are backdated to the SSD.

Whilst this happening, there'll be certain parts of your online account that you'll be unable to see or use. As it now looks like it's gone beyond 42 days and if you're continuing to struggle, please talk to the Change of Supplier (Gains) team as our Live Chatter recommended.

Once all's up and running, you'll be able to use the online Direct Debit Manager. This gives you more control over your payments including being able to change them both up and down to suit changing circumstances.

Thanks again for joining us Bettie and for your patience.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

367Posts Today

4,907Users online

Martin's Twitter