Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • magan
    • By magan 5th Dec 19, 7:11 PM
    • 101Posts
    • 32Thanks
    magan
    interactive family game. I need advice, please!!
    • 5th Dec 19, 7:11 PM
    interactive family game. I need advice, please!! 5th Dec 19 at 7:11 PM
    I am thinking of getting some interactive games for the whole family to play (Kids 9 &11 + 2 adults). My sister recently got a refurb Wii Sports with some games for around 50,( she keeps buying different games for around 2). I have never looked into computer games, but the idea of having a physical workout for the whole family sounds really tempting. She told me to check around as there are games that simulate tennis matches, dancing and all sorts of fitness and sports. I am completely useless at everything tech related, Wiis, consoles, Xboxes, PSP (you name it...I have NO CLUE). I would really appreciate if anyone could advise me. I have no idea what is around or what to get. I am looking for something on a budget (quite likely I will get it refurb), but I have no clue what type of games are around and what I should buy (controls...etc).
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 6th Dec 19, 8:24 AM
    • 35,667 Posts
    • 22,511 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 6th Dec 19, 8:24 AM
    • 6th Dec 19, 8:24 AM
    You need the 2 wii remotes, the wii board is for Wii Fit so for example if shows you how to do stretches and you stand on the board and do the stretch, might be other uses for it too.

Just google wii accessories or remotes.

You will need batteries for 1 of the remotes.
    • Bigphil1474
    • By Bigphil1474 9th Dec 19, 1:53 PM
    • 1,149 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    Bigphil1474
    • 9th Dec 19, 1:53 PM
    • 9th Dec 19, 1:53 PM
    Magan - Wii is old tech now, but very popular at the time, so you're bound to find some going cheap. From memory, games like Mario Party are good fun for silly little games, and Mario Olympics is one we played a lot (not 100% sure title is correct). The new Nintendo Switch is essentially the follow on system from the Wii, but is a lot more expensive.
    Your best bet is to go somewhere local - do you have a CEX or similar shop nearby. If they sell the Wii's and games there, they should be cheap, and you can see what's available.
    • GreenFairy
    • By GreenFairy 3rd Jan 20, 11:36 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 3,911 Thanks
    GreenFairy
    • 3rd Jan 20, 11:36 AM
    • 3rd Jan 20, 11:36 AM
    If you can get something like Dance Dance Revolution, it's really good fun! Ebay or CEX are your friends

Honestly though, nearly every game on the Wii is a workout. I really liked the Rabbids games, and they should go down well with the kiddos too.
    Jan GC 232.61/400

Foodie related blogging at CookingTheBooks!
    • dan958
    • By dan958 3rd Jan 20, 12:35 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    dan958
    • 3rd Jan 20, 12:35 PM
    • 3rd Jan 20, 12:35 PM
    As others have mentioned, a Wii would be great. You could also pick up a Xbox 360 + Kinect for pretty cheap.
    • Weird
    • By Weird 14th Jan 20, 9:48 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weird
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:48 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:48 AM
    If I were you, I would buy Detroit: Become Human. This game is an interactive movie. It would be interesting not only to one who plays but for others who watch too. There are plenty of options on how to play, and the story depends on you and your choices, so you can play this game not only once. It's like a very good movie for about 10 hours with a great story, which depends on what you choose.
    I played it with my PS, I don't know is it exclusive game or not. Also, this game-studio realized Heavy Rain, it's interactive movie too
    Last edited by Weird; 14-01-2020 at 9:51 AM.
    • thebigstillmeister
    • By thebigstillmeister 14th Jan 20, 11:38 AM
    • 179 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    thebigstillmeister
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:38 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:38 AM
    We dug our Wii out last summer when we went away for a family holiday in a cottage, we hadn't used it in probably 10 years,

My 5 year old loves it and when he went to bed us adults kept playing for most of the night,

I had to buy an adapter tho as most modern tv's won't have the connections any more (Composite AV with a SCSI Adapter), think it was only about 5 for an HDMI converter on Amazon,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

376Posts Today

5,061Users online

Martin's Twitter