Stockpiling Nappies. A Question.

Comments

• MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As mention already, there are far too many variables to make any sort of advance stockpiling of nappies sensible.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    MysteryMe wrote: »
    As mention already, there are far too many variables to make any sort of advance stockpiling of nappies sensible.
    Don't take this the wrong way but if it's been mentioned already, what was the point in posting?
    Just repeating information for nothing.
  • Hi I’ve recently had a baby, we had the basics for the first month or so while I was healing so didn’t have to go out too much. Only one pack of size newborn (good as was bigger didn’t even fit) also I didn’t even buy them as I used freebies from Emma’s diary and bounty packs app. Get as much freebies as you can! Also Baby Box is an educational initiative that after some video learning gives u free nappies and a big box like Moses basket strong for storage now (or a toy boat!) I used to buy them on offer at Boots and get points on Boots card that way when points added up could buy teething toys/bottles/wipes on the points. Also someone said Amazon bulk better value for pampers never tried. We started using pampers, buy as your baby grows! It’s annoying to have good nappies that are too small around the place. Though switched to Lidl as big packs at half the price and no irritation, wipes we tried but not great quality and prefer Johnson’s they do big packs too.
  • Colliewobble12
    Colliewobble12 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2019 at 9:38AM
    Slightly at a tangent but old cotton T-shirts make great baby bum-cloths instead of disposable wipes. You get 8 large ones from the body (from an average adult T-shirt) and a couple of smaller ones from the sleeves. Just wet as necessary for the job in hand :D and they can be chucked in the machine afterwards and re-used. Cutting them up and folding is also very relaxing in the last few weeks of pregnancy.

All the best. Wobble X
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Don't take this the wrong way but if it's been mentioned already, what was the point in posting?

So rather than thank everyone else and answer the questions asked you decide to take a snipe at someone who's posted trying to be helpful.

Charming.
  • I bought loads of Pampers in advance and they turned out to be quite rubbish, really thin and they don't hold much. Tesco's brand were brilliant so we ended up buying theirs and they were quite cheap.

I'd just buy a couple of packs in newborn size til you know what works for you.
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We have thousands of wipes (got on a good deal from Amazon)...............

Why? What's wrong with a soft piece of cloth or a baby flannel, these thousands of wipes will all end up in landfill (Please do not flush them)
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Archergirl wrote: »

Why? What's wrong with a soft piece of cloth or a baby flannel, these thousands of wipes will all end up in landfill (Please do not flush them)

My nan used a wet flannel to slap me in the face because i wanted to go out and play with my friends and she didnt want me to.

Then there was the time i stayed at my aunties and washed myself with the flannel on the side to be told it was my aunties fanny flannel.

Unfortunately i cant be converted on this, i prioritise my mental health over the environment. I will continue to use wet wipes.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    bigisi wrote: »
    So rather than thank everyone else and answer the questions asked you decide to take a snipe at someone who's posted trying to be helpful.
    I don't follow why they think their reply was helpful.
    There was nothing really to say to the others though.
    I very rarely reply to a post just saying thanks. That's what the button is for.

Archergirl wrote: »

Because they're easy.
    I use baby wipes for loads of stuff, have done for years. Sometimes the softness of the cloth is what I am after rather than a flannel or duster.

Why anyone would think to flush baby wipes, I don't know.
    I never have.

Just like advice to "not wash poultry". I understand maybe 30 years ago that was valid advice but I can't imagine anyone under 60 doing it now and by putting it on chicken now, it creates a question of whether you should because at some point, people did.
    If they didn't include the warning, young people are unlikely to think it was an option.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Don't take this the wrong way but some people need obvious information pointing out to them more than once.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure