My year of living dangerously

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    It's good that you know what went wrong during your blip and you are refocusing on your goals :). We all have a blip from time to time, I seem to be at the moment :( but as long as it doesn't last then it's not a problem :).
    Thanks HH. You are right. I went off track for a bit to concentrate on myself because my stress levels were going up. I think that is why I feel able to deal with my car issues. I am sure the stress me will be back. I need to tackle some difficult things on the house very soon. Ah well. I hope your blip is short term :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    beanielou wrote: »
    Blooming cars.

Good that you are getting there with the house.
    Thanks Beanie :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    well done on getting your mojo back. sometimes stopping a decline is harder work than getting back up the hill
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just caught up on your diary. It sounds like you've had a lot to contend with. Keep eating those frogs...
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • doingitanyway
    mark88man wrote: »
    well done on getting your mojo back. sometimes stopping a decline is harder work than getting back up the hill
    Just caught up on your diary. It sounds like you've had a lot to contend with. Keep eating those frogs...
    Thanks for the encouragement :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    I did go to the skip. :T I kind of like it there. Full of purposeful people. Good to get rid of gardening waste and other junk. I have another load of garden waste but did not have enough containers.

Tomorrow my goal is to get to the gym. I have my kit and will pack my bag and put it in the boot tonight. Fingers crossed it does not rain or I will have to walk as I have no working windscreen wipers…

I have a table to move upstairs, a unit to clear to another room and a bedside table to fit in another room. Then the stairs, landings and hallway will be clear. Other than that I would like to have all the downstairs rooms clean and decluttered before I go to bed.

I am happy to be home today as I want to watch the tennis whilst I clean and organise my home :)

Happy Sunday :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    not much work getting done this end of the internet with the tennis on and no-one moving an inch
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • doingitanyway
    mark88man wrote: »
    not much work getting done this end of the internet with the tennis on and no-one moving an inch
    Me neither! No ground being given on either side...

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • I had years when I'd watch Wimbledon every year , then one or two when I wouldn't bother or was busy etc. I gave this year a miss due to all of the focus on the celebrities and would rather focus on the game itself . I watched the federer / nadal match a few years back but today's final was actually longer . I managed to catch the set where roger was serving for the championship and he blew it .
    Great match featuring 2 legends . Somehow , I think that there doesn't seem to be anyone that can stop Novak winning 3 more times and probably equal roger federer 's 8 Wimbledon titles .

Back to the money side of things tho.. There's me thinking Boris Becker is bankrupt . Then he is on bbc yet again . I quite like him though . He is obviously at fault with his finances . I just keep thinking " new bills please" . Sorry :D

Good luck at the gym tomorrow DIA :)
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've just caught up on your diary DIA. You're doing amazingly well on your house and treating yourself to clothes which you deserve.

It did take me a while to figure out what the Ay Ay was though.:o
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure