Tesco/Asda pricechecker finds here.......

Options

Comments

• tagy22
    tagy22 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    What are people experiences using the the DTD vouchers for online shops? I think I read you give it to the driver when it is delivered? Looking like this might be an easier route than gambling with the checkout police.

FYI I used £18.00 voucher today on a load more DTD stuff, woman at checkout had no idea what to do with voucher and tried for a few minutes to get someone to come over, eventually she said 'I'll just try and scan it' and put it through.
  • Margoriglick
    Options
    I'm really sorry, but this had me in hysterics. Bad I know, but good on you for showing them. This didn't happen to be the same woman from the same store as the other 2 people have posted?

This was in the Bury store, the big one on the Retail Park. You'll know if it's the same store it's got scary staff :eek:.

:rotfl::rotfl:
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    Options
    has anyone had a successful DTD on the herbal essences 400ml shampoo or conditioner pls?

just bought 6 and hoping i haven't overdone it if they end up being N/F
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • Highland_Lass_2
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    if the bottom was missing how did you input your receit? you need the numbers on the bottom

I did say in my post it had the date etc. This inlcuded all the details needed, i.e. time, store number. Just the bottom of the paying bit missing.
    If I had known then what I know now . . .
    :A Official Boots Tart (I seem to be retired just now though) :A
  • sassey73
    sassey73 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    salma wrote: »
    I think he thought it was a fraudulent voucher I dont know what gave him that idea. I just printed the voucher of that I was sent and took it in. He acted as though people had been creating the voucher themselves. I dont think I could go back to that store to do a shop as he said he had refused a number of vouchers already. When I told him about the timing difference. He said he had some vouchers with the correct time on.(not 24 hrs) hope that makes sense.
    what a complete and utter D**k head the ones with correct time on are more likey to be the fake ones lol
  • twinklyeys
    twinklyeys Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    This is getting worse and worse! Why do Tesco's do this every time they put on a massive promotion? What is supposed to be a pleasant shopping experience turns into a nightmare as they promise far beyond their means and to top it all off fail to train their staff! People end up having to bombard customer service who are usually as clued up as the shop staff..........basically clueless! I guess the managers instore are protecting their profit margins and will use every means available to them to do so, so if they want to make up the rules they feel it is their right to do so as they need to meet targets and hope that the customer will just accept as they are the 'MANAGER' how a title can change a person persona).......no excuse to treat customers with such contempt!
    They really are a shocking company and should be ashamed of their antics and staff training!
  • sassey73
    sassey73 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    lousue0906 wrote: »
    ok, first thing tomorrow you need to call customer services in Dundee. You need to tell them exactly what has happened and also STRESS your embarrassment as there were a lot of people watching and you were made to feel like a fraudster.
    The ultimate aim of this is to get them to call the store, whilst you are on the phone and tell them that this is unacceptable behaviour from one of their managers. You then need to tell them that they need to instruct the store to accept this receipt and get the managers name of who they have spoken to.
    You will then be able to return to the store and spend the voucher. Imagine the satisfaction you will get if it is the same manager and he has to be nice to you!!!
    If this fails, I would imagine they will send you a gift card for the amount but make sure you get the full name of who you have spoken to.
    I had to do this a few times during the R&R days and it feels great going back into store and coming face to face with the same manager who made you feel like a thief!

not me hun who ever posted first x
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    celebrate wrote: »
    has anyone had a successful DTD on the herbal essences 400ml shampoo or conditioner pls?

just bought 6 and hoping i haven't overdone it if they end up being N/F

Not yet, have bought about 7/8 today though so fingers crossed :rotfl:

So sorry to hear about everyone's bad experiences, I am very angry at those jobsworth SAs/managers on your behalf! :mad:
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • lousue0906_2
    Options
    I did say in my post it had the date etc. This inlcuded all the details needed, i.e. time, store number. Just the bottom of the paying bit missing.

Sorry I'm really trying to understand what you are saying here but the last line on the receipt is the time/sate/store number/till number etc. How is the pay section missing?
  • loobylou232
    loobylou232 Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone tried to use a voucher in roneo corner yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure