Gap is Back - Time to Knuckle Down

Comments

• girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great news on the extra money towards fuel costs.

I had a bit of hassle with a mix up on my account. I really didn't expect them to be so generous though. I'm very lucky.

I caved and went to the supermarket. £12 and not much to show for it, high percentage of wants on that receipt :o

I bought mushrooms to make Jack Monroe's mushroom and spinach bolognese. It's another delicious meal. Bit of a faff chopping mushrooms into millions of bits but worth it for the end result. I just need to summon up the energy and the enthusiasm.

My baby comes home from her holiday tomorrow. It's the first time she's been abroad without me. I've not really had a chance to miss her though (thankfully) as she keeps messaging asking me to do stuff for her :rotfl:
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • girlatplay
    I've decided I'm going to start PADding again. I need some kind of daily monetary challenge for my brain to get excited about. It's separate from the 365 day penny challenge as that is going to the emergency fund. The PADs are going to be into the holding account and get paid off the loan when it is at a reasonable amount. I'm not going to join the PAD thread, just went over there and it's looking a bit quiet. I'm sure I can do this myself.

There is £20 in the holding account at the moment and my first PAD is 62p.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great idea to start padding again.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    Great idea to start padding again.

Hopefully :)

Today's PAD is £1

LMG is home safe and sound. Sounds like they had a great time.

I made the mushroom and spinach bolognese for tea tonight. It did not disappoint. I now have either one extremely large portion or two little portions left for the freezer and I'm not sure which to go with. May go with the large one as I could have eaten more tonight.

Now less than two weeks to payday and there is £71 left in the grocery budget (plus the Asda card) so that should work. It's starting to feel like a really long month though.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • girlatplay
    There is £79 not £71 left in the grocery budget.

Today's PAD is 50p.

It's miserable here this morning. I'm just about to put the heating on for an hour, it'll help LMG get up :)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • girlatplay
    I was on the family coffees today so that was £11. I found a mug that I think LMG will like so bought it for her birthday tomorrow. That was £6. Paid both from the slush fund since there's still funds in there. It leaves £35 for the rest of the month but I am making PADs from that too. Only social thing planned is the girls night on Thursday that we have vouchers for and it won't be a big one. The only other thing that could happen is boyfriend suggesting coffee so there should definitely be enough to last. I won't be on coffees next weekend.

Going to the folks' for LMG's birthday dinner tomorrow. It will be the start of my baby's last teenage year :( where is the time disappearing to? Should be a NSD.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Sounds like you are recovering well and doing good £ wise. Hope LMG's birthday goes well.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • girlatplay
    Sounds like you are recovering well and doing good £ wise. Hope LMG's birthday goes well.

Thank you. It was a nice day.

LMG asked me this morning if we could go for a wee run (drive) down the coast (we live on the coast). I didn't realise she didn't have anything else planned. We jumped in the car and drove to a nice coffee shop about 20 miles away that we've been to before. I treated her to a juice and a brownie, and I had a coffee (and half the brownie :o). Luckily I had the slush fund, even though I hadn't accounted for today. £26 left. Put £10 petrol in the car (yearly payment/petrol budget). Bought some veg at the farm shop, just under £4 (from grocery budget, £75 left).

£1.27 PAD today.

Hoping for that NSD tomorrow and absolutely no foreseeable reason to spend.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sounds like you had a lovely day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    Sounds like you had a lovely day :)

We did indeed :)
    300 282 payments to go.
This discussion has been closed.