Landline telephone

Comments

• Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    RumRat wrote: »
    Sounds like you have an Openreach 5c master socket with a Mk4 faceplate. If this is correct then you shouldn't need a separate filter AFAIK.
    Hopefully someone can confirm or correct that...
    From BT Openreach New NTE5C Master Socket – Faster Broadband?:
    Taking a filtered face plate apart reveals a complex set of filters.
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Chino wrote: »
    Thanks for the confirmation....:)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • Well , I have learned a lot here in such a short time. I used the phone on its own and disconnected the internet . The phone worked fine .
    I then plugged the internet back in . Everything seems fine .
    I left for a few hours and checked again . All good .

Thanks to chino , I think I may have found the problem . The faceplate is very loose . It slides off too easily imho .
    Looks like I won't need a new phone after all . If things change , I'll report back .
    Thanks
  • or get a cheap mobile with actual buttons like a Nokia 1100 and a cheap payg sim total outlay £15!
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    I bought (probably) that cheap Argos phone you have, in order to test my own phone, which was having similar problems to your own. The Argos phone was fine, the other phone was faulty. Bought a new cordless and the problem was fixed. I think though that having a known good standby landline phone is handy.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • capital0ne wrote: »
    or get a cheap mobile with actual buttons like a Nokia 1100 and a cheap payg sim total outlay £15!

Actually , in a roundabout way , you have a good point and suggestion ;) Reason being , although I have an iPhone ( and all things apple :o),
    It's an iPhone s e .
    I'm getting fed up with the crap battery life and think that maybe going back to basic may be the way to go . I do miss the Mexican hat dance ringtone of my old red rubber brick Nokia tho :D
  • capital0ne wrote: »
    or get a cheap mobile with actual buttons like a Nokia 1100 and a cheap payg sim total outlay £15!
    Only problem with that is Oh dear my mobile is flat , and I have no electricity and I want to call the Leccy company, or the emergency services or even my mistresses:o at least a land line phone(not a wireless one that needs a base station) gets round most of these problems. If the phone line is also dead then Potus has pressed the wrong button or someone else has, Putin us this situation :cool: This post is not based on real people of course and is entirely fiction
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • Thought I'd best give an update :
    Today I was still having trouble ,and there was no dealing tone at all.
    I made a call from my mobile to test and could hear nothing .
    So I phoned Vodafone ...

What happened then , I was chatting to a nice Egyptian lady who took care of me .
    I found a filter and plugged it into the wall , as the Bt openreach faceplate is defective . I was told that I could leave the filter as is , or for £3 I could have a replacement .
    I then asked if I could have this free as it is a fault not done by myself
    The outcome was that I have had £10 paid into my account for the inconvenience . :T
    This is because I am such a loyal customer . Well I have been with them since 1999 after all.

One thing to note tho:
    I complained to them as one of their advisers called me back and never even said my name . Just " mate " a few times . Totally slimy and unprofessional . Maybe that's why I also got the £10 bonus:)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    One thing to note tho:
    I complained to them as one of their advisers called me back and never even said my name . Just " mate " a few times . Totally slimy and unprofessional . Maybe that's why I also got the £10 bonus:)

Call centre in Stoke?

They all say that ... surprised they didn't call you 'duck' or 'sug' :D
  • mksysb
    mksysb Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    capital0ne wrote: »
    I've done that except mine is an old samsung. Battery lasts about 10 days. I use it as an alarm clock and charge about once a week so it would always have enough charge in an emergency. Have a wired land line as well just in case. Belt and braces.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure