Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Comments

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    flybynight wrote: »
    oh, i wonder if its because you have more levels than me or something.... hmmm
    ta for info.
    I think you have to have bought chips at some point to see the 2 night rewards. I have, but my dad hasn’t and he can’t see them.
  • Lee399
    Lee399 Posts: 51 Forumite
    photome wrote: »
    Rolling smoke BBQ I referred to above is the original one which isnt downtown, I didnt know there were 2

We visted Ricks Rolling Smoke downtown last September. It's across the parking lot from Gold & Silver Pawn Shop in a newish build mini mall. Apears all the business in it are connected to Gold & Silver, we met Chumlee in his own sweet shop....

Anyway we found the food was pretty good, we took in a "light" lunch there after visiting Gold & Silver. I had the mixed BBQ salad and my new wife the BBQ Jacket Potato.
  • pebblesmax wrote: »
    I think you have to have bought chips at some point to see the 2 night rewards. I have, but my dad hasn’t and he can’t see them.
    hmmm, i bought some chips, but that was over 12 months ago, maybe thats it.n will give it a try
    chhers
    saving for more holidays
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I like Rollin Smoke (on Highland Dr) for a bite to eat in the day, does the job, never had a bad munch there, and its 2 mins from Battlefield shooting range :D
    Not had food in the evening since 2014 in Rollin..... I use it for lunch, instead of going to "In n Out" or "Jack in the Box" (jack in box = best fast food ever!)

Famous Daves = good evening sit down BBQ joint, never had a bad meal in there, although I do leave feeling rough, from the determination of trying to finish the big slab of ribs! :D:D:D
    As to comparing, I would choose Famous Dave's BBQ over any other in Vegas.....
    Don't buy the sauce from the restaurant though, as its cheaper in Walmart! :D
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    flybynight wrote: »
    hmmm, i bought some chips, but that was over 12 months ago, maybe thats it.n will give it a try
    chhers
    On another board someone confirmed that they saw the 2 night rewards once they had bought $50 worth of chips.
  • StuieUK34 wrote: »
    I like Rollin Smoke (on Highland Dr) for a bite to eat in the day, does the job, never had a bad munch there, and its 2 mins from Battlefield shooting range :D
    Not had food in the evening since 2014 in Rollin..... I use it for lunch, instead of going to "In n Out" or "Jack in the Box" (jack in box = best fast food ever!)

Is Battlefield one of the better ranges? I'm struggling to know where would be good. I've seen some deals on groupon, but not sure on how good each place is.
  • StuieUK34
    it is for me now.....
    Normally the Gun Range on Tropicana was my goto place, but last year, I went to Battlefield 4 times, and each time, they allowed my cheek to give me good options!
    ie: 100 9mm rounds in the M9 pistol for $100 ! :) took some bartering and cheek, but I got there with the deal, so I go there now!
    Looks more gung ho compared to say Gun Range on Tropicana...
  • StuieUK34
    Hey guys,

Remember that number I found years ago: 0161 33blah blah
    and then it changed to 0845, etc etc.....

Just found another one (from HotUKDeals)

0333 232 3232

then dial the int number followed by #

Quality of the connection is good, and the 0333 is free when using your minutes or your landline if u got the package...
  • bairn7
    bairn7 Posts: 579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all

Having returned from Vegas a couple of weeks ago, I'm now planning my next trip in August.

I'm looking for car hire and it appears to be pretty expensive - I'm looking at 3 Aug (8pm) to 20 Aug (10am) and the cheapest I've found so far is Autoeurope coming in at £600 for a large size car which works out at £35 per day. Most other 'go to' websites (rental cars, usrentacar, etc) are over £700 even for a compact.

I don't remember car hire being this expensive in the past...am I wrong?
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    bairn7 wrote: »
    Hi all snip...............

It is peak season and I remember 3 years ago in August for 10 days rental I paid around £300 with Autoeurope. If you subscribe to Autoeurope newsletter they send you discount alerts every now and again.

As you have five months to go just check prices on a regular basis, you could always book then cancel or ask Autoeurope to honour the price promise if the prices go down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure