PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Thursday 30th November O/S Daily

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Cold here too, no frost but still nippy.

Yesterday I felt rather wobbly, think the shock hit me, however I’m much better today. My head isn’t as tender and I can touch it again.

I’m off down to Glasgow in a hour or so, I’ll be calling in at the body shop to get the repair quote done. Hopefully all the admin can be done quickly and I can get the car in very soon.

Dumpling - it was so lovely to read about Becky's phone call, must be so reassuring for you and Steve.

It’s St Andrew’s day here, think it’s law that we eat some shortbread!

Happy Thursday to all.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Glad to hear that things look a tad more positive Dumpling
    Hugs Nelski.

Cold and bright here today, we are forecasted snow for this afternoon so intend to get everything done before it starts and then just hunker down!
    We have BT coming out again about our internet, they were here on Tuesday and despite the online assistance showing that the problem is outside, he insisted on coming in the house to fix it. Of course it didn't work, in fact it's a lot worse :( so we will see what is said this morning. The problem is the line comes between the posts along the lane and can be affected by the branches of the beech trees, suspect that the high winds of a week or so ago have done that again. They are due between 10am and midday, another two hours of my day wasted!

Will see what the weather is like and decide if I will go over to see Lulu, I did leave her warm turnout rug out as the wind chill means the temp is well below zero but she will be snug as a bug.

Have a good day folks, hopefully this will post! X
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 November 2017 at 9:52AM
    Brr chilly here this morning-14 degrees in the house. DH is still asleep as we have had a busy week so far looking after DGS, shoppin and. housework.

DD has done something to the flush in her loo so we have that rumbling on. It is a cistern with a top flush in the lid. She took the lid off to put a loo block in there and couldn't get ot to flush through the lid again. She can operate it with the lid off. DH can't help as we have a loo handle cistern. It needs someone who knows! She spoke to her kandlord and asked her to get it mended. Well her landlord thinks it is DD's fault, and I agree,for meddling with it,so DD is in a bit of a stalemate. She will probably have to get a plumber.

There is always something with children, isn't there? Even when they are adult.

Look after yourself Holly H, Dumpling glad Becky is feeling more positive. Jackie O nice thrifty haul from yesterday's do.

Well wrap up and keep warm all and have a good day all.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good morning :wave:
    Holly keep off that leg again lady :D better to get it fully right before you start tour treks again
    Jackie well done on the blanket knitting I bet they are really appreciated
    nannywindow hows your wrist?
    dumpling sounds like you have lovely quiet plans for Becky's birthday

They were right about today being the coldest day of the week, everyone is scraping cars and looking frozen outside my window.
    Pleased I don't have anywhere to go till a bit later.

Need to nip to Asda at some point to pick up a couple of bits I ordered online ...one being a christmas jumper :eek: I am planning on a real bah humbug one this year after the God awful year I have had and no way do I want to celebrate with a big dad size empty space at my table. Anyway I have conceded on the jumper for a trip to Manchester markets with the girls next week :D

Made a lovely veg soup yesterday in the slow cooker, its always a nice surprise to taste what my haphazard combinations of fridge bottom stuff turn out like. need to portion it up today (theres loads ) then freeze them ready to take to mum. Least she will be getting some nutrition. I had a pizza for dinner but I only managed one slice as it was horrible and unfortunately hit the bin (most unlike me to chuck food but it was inedible :( ) Today I will have a bowl of soup for lunch then a freezer surprise for dinner probably sausage casserole.

Really hated watching Iain and Amir eat the treats last night in the jungle :mad: even worse though was the way Amir blamed it all on Iain. Hope the public vote gets rid of them now it was really mean.

hope every one keeps warm today particularly the poorly gang
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Very cold but bright here with a sharp frost. I must put the wm on with some towels and get them on the line for a blow.

Kitchen is going well thank you for asking, new fridge came yesterday and is in place but I need to pull it out today and rub down the walls that I filled yesterday and then paint the wall, OH has done 95% of the work bless him, I am basically a gofer and tea / lunch maker.
    Today the worktop should be arriving which OH will cut then I sand and oil it, we need the oven 'plumbed in' new lights putting up tiles doing and skirting to go on, then the lot needs painting, so we are getting there.

Mums for dinner again tonight I think she is doing beef stew which will be nice and warming.

Have a good day everyone.

I must say I am looking forward to Tru's Christmas carol corner ! :j
  • Morning everyone, it is very cold here and a thick frost and I'll probably stay in today, next week I shan't have the choice so making the best of it.
    Hope everyone has as good a day as possible
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

Its a gorgeous day here but oh so cold...the log burner is doing its thing.DS and I took DGS to nursery school,he was a bit reluctant but perked up and ran in.We took the scenic route back over the hills,& could see the tall posh hotel in Manchester.
    Nelski,might see you there,DH and I are hoping to get there to the markets next week too.Today I'm hoping we are going to Bents garden centre at Glazebury,they have wonderful displays at Christmas,and I want some meat from the butcher there.
    Dumpling hope Becky enjoys her birthday,glad she's brighter.

Feeling a bit groggy as the van alarm went off last night at 12.45,then again half an hour later,seems to be going wonky.I couldnt get back to sleep for ages so was reading on my kindle.DH got dressed and went out,then kept most of his clothes on in case he had to go out again but fell asleep and woke this morning still half dressed :D

Got a rice pud in the slow cooker,but not sure on tea,depends if I get some meat :D I bought our turkey crown off the market on Tuesday so thats safely stowed in the freezer.
    Have a good day everyone xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    RosyRed wrote: »
    Morning all,

Its a gorgeous day here but oh so cold...the log burner is doing its thing.DS and I took DGS to nursery school,he was a bit reluctant but perked up and ran in.We took the scenic route back over the hills,& could see the tall posh hotel in Manchester.
    Nelski,might see you there,DH and I are hoping to get there to the markets next week too.Today I'm hoping we are going to Bents garden centre at Glazebury,they have wonderful displays at Christmas,and I want some meat from the butcher there.
    Dumpling hope Becky enjoys her birthday,glad she's brighter.

Feeling a bit groggy as the van alarm went off last night at 12.45,then again half an hour later,seems to be going wonky.I couldnt get back to sleep for ages so was reading on my kindle.DH got dressed and went out,then kept most of his clothes on in case he had to go out again but fell asleep and woke this morning still half dressed :D

Got a rice pud in the slow cooker,but not sure on tea,depends if I get some meat :D I bought our turkey crown off the market on Tuesday so thats safely stowed in the freezer.
    Have a good day everyone xx

I will be the one with a really tacky green jumper covered with a huge santa face lol when you going? its thursday for me maybe we could meet for a gluehwein :)

BTW love Bents so much and nowadays its a full day out!! Im there on monday for some overpriced lunch with a friend but hey its worth it :)
  • Afternoon ((((((((((hugs))))))))))) if you need one.

Up, breakfast and off to Aldi, £71 spent, but I have meat etc for Christmas, just need the last minutes things and fresh fruit and veg the week before Christmas.

It took ages to put everything away when I got back. I had to defrost the car before I could set off, its brrrrr out there.

I plan to cut out a bag and overlock the fabric this afternoon, then I cam spend an afternoon making it up......No more bags made out of curtain fabric unless I an get someone to donate some old ones.

OH is planning a siesta, so I can start on the bag then.

Dumpling, pleased to hear that Becky was happier yesterday, I hope the improvement continues.

Sausage and mash for supper.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all :wave:
    I had a rotten nights sleep because I was thinking too much about things that are beyond my control :(. Finally fell asleep about 5.30am and had to get up at 8 to go to school :rotfl:. So I'm really tired, too tired even for a Nanna nap.
    Anyway we enjoyed the assembly, although it only lasted for 15mins. All the children were characters from Roald Dahl including a very orange Umpa Lumpa, I hope the make up comes off ! DGS was Willy Wonka but I was under strict orders from DD not to ask him who he was, as he keeps getting his name wrong. ( please insert an A for the O in the surname :eek: ). Fortunately I don't think he realises what he's saying, at least I hope not :rotfl:. Afterwards we were invited to the classroom to purchase Xmas crafts, refreshments and raffle tickets to be drawn later by the children. Cost me an arm and a leg again and I bet I won't see the raffle prize even if I did win :D.
    We went to a local Garden centre for a coffee and a mince pie after the assembly and I bought DGS a Dr Who book for Xmas to go with the figures already bought. He's a Dr Who fan like Mr Fix It .
    On the way home we decided to call in the chippy for lunch, so no cooking tonight :T. I will be watching some mindless Xmas movies this afternoon as I'm too weary for anything remotely active.
    Nelski my wrist is much better thank you. Unfortunately I suffer with my joints and so does DD. Between us we have more splints and crepe bandages than B00ts the chemist :rotfl:
    Dumpling I'm glad that Becky is feeling happier, long may that continue.
    LaineyT hope you get your internet sorted quickly.
    Gers take it easy and enjoy St Andrews Day !
    TA hope your day goes according to your plan :).
    HollyH enjoy your day by putting your feet up and recuperating.
    Stay safe and warm everyone. Hugs all round.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure