PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 14th June

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

Awake bright and early but I spoiled it by going back to sleep. Still freaked out by the bar of soap thing but if it saves me from being kicked in his sleep, I'll suffer it.

Did I tell you about my recent experiences with milk baths? No I don't think I did...Maybe another time.

Got my little whirlwind later. It will be my last scheduled childcare day with him a apart from school holidays as my daughter is on maternity leave from Friday and he's at school in September. How time flies!

Hound was up bright and early....Her Sister hasn't stired.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :wave:

So very sad to see the ongoing incident in London I have a horrible feeling there are going to be a lot a fatalities if they have only recorded 30 taken to hospital. You can just hope lots did manage to get out

Jackie O thank you for your post on Monday. I am not going to give her any more hassle I promise l but I will keep the food arriving so that she will have some healthy or even just calorific choices :cool: I wish you lived nearer I would take you round for some sage advice :)

Book club night was real good fun ...the host put on a spectacular range of tapas and lots of prosecco was drunk ....somewhere in amongst I seem to remember a brief discussion on the book :o

Gorgeous day here so wash on and will be on the line very soon.
    Hope you all have a good day and thoughts with everyone in London again
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone
    Seems bright and breezy out there this morning, and I think the forecast is quite good.
    We went over to the caravan yesterday to return some stuff that I'd washed after our trip last week, then called at M&S on the way home (there' s an out of town shopping centre on our route)
    I looked at some trousers, and there were some nice t shirts but I didn't buy anything, I hate trying things on, ridiculous I know. Not that I really needed anything, but you know how it is - what you want and what you need are often different. The trouble is, if you can call it that, is that I take care of my clothes and they last for ages, so I get tired of them. Hey ho, it's a first world problem!!
    Out for lunch with some friends today, and some general pottering.
    Hope your day goes well everyone.
    PS Elona, you mentioned potato pastry a day or two ago - have you a recipe I could try? thanking you in anticipation.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,581 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Dumpling, well done n your weightloss, I wish I could get my mojo back but it's not happening at the moment.

I'm trying to pull myself together because I've been having a very down few days as a result of a number of things. The main thing I think is the horrible virus that has taken three weeks to go but has left me feeling tired and fed up. On top of that is all the horrid things that have been happening recently - those poor people in the tower block, apparently the residents association have been warning for months that there would be a disaster and the HA have done nothing. Finally I have some small family worries which are very first world problems and I must stop stressing about them.

I have the dentist this morning, just a check up so nothing to worry about. I'm trying to decide if I want to replace my last 3 metal fillings with white ones. Cosmetically it's not an issue as they're at the back but healthwise it might be a good idea especially as I seem to be developing allergies to different metals.

Apart from that I will see how I get on with the day, it looks as if it's going to be lovely.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Bright and sunny here in EA, it's set to be a warm one.

I am quite achey today after yesterday's Pilates, they were taking some pictures for the website (did ask permission and I said only if can be at the back!) and they taught an intermediate level so much harder than last week. The instructor did say as it was only my second week I could sit out of some of it but that didn't suit my competitive side at all!
    My reward was a good meal out with friends in the evening, lovely food but the pub was very busy with a private party in the garden so service was a bit hit and miss, no matter.
    Snoozer am sorry that you are feeling down, it is heartbreaking to read the reports about the fire and what could have been done to prevent it, hope you feel better soon x

Have a good day folks x
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all,

Arrived in work to hear of the terrible news about the flat fire in London. The images are just terrifying and remind me of the scenes at 9/11. Thoughts with all of those effected.

I didn't do too much yesterday evening. I had a healthy dinner and my mum came over to visit for a bit. Really struggled to get out bed this morning for some reason.

Anyway, I've been the gym this morning and I'll go again after work. Can't stay late at work because the internet's down from 6pm so i'm getting kicked out.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Dreadful news about that fire in London, Tower blocks should be demolished, they are far too dangerous in a fire as has been shown by this one.

Hester, hope they were not the pink feather handcuffs!!! and you got them back...........:D:rotfl::rotfl: Pleased you have your certificate CHS will be able to sit back and let you steer now..........

Lovely day here another long line of laundry out, but thats the last load for this week, still have the bed linen from Monday to iron but it can wait. Its very pleasant sitting in the kitchen with the back door open. OH is cutting the front grass. I have just been round and watered all the pots in the shade, will do the rest later when the sun has moved round.

I am determined to have water in the garden, we have a very large pot, I now need to source a solar water fountain and price it up.....I also need to think about plants to fill in some spaces in the front. We are going next week to the wood yard to order the rest of the wood for the deep beds and another bag of wood mulch to fill up the paths and the front beds.

Salmon salad for supper tonight, I will cook the salmon and then cool it in the fridge. OH will see if there are more strawberries for tonight.

At our friends yesterday afternoon, they are off tomorrow to Kent to do a children's mission...when they get back its the children's play week on the village green........we enjoyed the chat, Took rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries for them. We came home with two spring cabbage which will eek our veg out nicely.

Time for morning tea, chairs out in the garden, it will be nice to sit out again.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone, thanks to Karcher for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.
    What a dreadful situation in London.

I'm feeling more like it this morning though still a bit fuzzy from the meds and moving cautiously. I'm going to have to have a serious go with the slug pellets as my marigolds and rudibeieka (sp?) have been devastated . I'm also going to have to move my bird table at least until the plants around it have been established as they are being trampled on by the wood pidgeon who frequents the garden. He's really rather lovely and quite tame, he appears to be mateless so seems to hang about with the jackdaws but I feel quite sorry for him as the rest of the pidgeon community are paired off and don't seem to want him..... (I know but I'm a softy )
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello from a very tired Nan. Could not sleep at all last night and came back downstairs at 3am, watched an episode of the Waltons, then turned over to see the horror of the tower block fire unfold. Those poor people, it is heartbreaking. I went back to bed around 6am and managed to sleep till 9am :(.
    This morning I have stripped the bed and done 3 loads of washing which is drying quite quickly outside. I also cleaned and mopped the outside toilet, it is only used when in the garden or when DH is working in the shed so that no one ( he ) drags mud etc through the kitchen and up the stairs. I have also cleaned the inside of the lounge widow as when the sun shines on it, you can't see out :eek:.
    Just chilling for a while, then will have to remake the bed. Tea will be sausage roll and chips followed by a leisurely bubble bath and an early night. Hopefully I can get some sleep as we are at dads tomorrow for me to clean inside and DH to finish the garden.
    Hugs to all and enjoy the rest of the day.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Afternoon all
    UP late to pick DS up from TA then up early to take mum to opticians and then shopping (I am only mentioning this as i don't take her very often )
    Dolly walked and a bit of sorting out done and DW on YS chicken salad for tea tonight its too hot for anything else
    DS is off now for a couple of days but he has some serious thinking to do re his TA and his business
    Will be going in the garden with my kindle n a cuppa in a bit we couldn't use the garden yesterday as new neighbours next door but one decided to have a bonfire all day GRRR
    Have a great evening whatever you are up to
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport