Onwards and downwards...

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,825
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The vet's bill was only £355 so not quite as bad as feared.

The car boot sale on Saturday was cancelled due to weather, but DH went on his own yesterday and did one. Not too bad result, and some stuff cleared including 62 books :T Barely makes a dent in them though :o

Lots of sales for DH yesterday, not for me though. I must focus and get some stuff on now.

I did the meter readings for the electric and gas, and wound up with an even more expensive bill :( So must look into changing there (and raising some cash to pay it!)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Pelepeg wrote: »

Would be interested to know what survey sites you use too.

Sorry, forgot to add:

I use My Survey, You Gov, Valued Opinions, Ipsos, Pinecone, and various other 'Mummy' ones which I can't think of off hand. I cash out most from these ones. Oh Crowdology as they used to do the 'Pointless' questions :D though I haven't seen those for a while. Great fun knowing you are one of the 100 people though!
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    naughty naughty jwil. there you go again. he did a car boot on his Todd and shifted 62 books and loads of stuff on eBay. that is one hell of a dent. I think you have inspired him! you have to see it as every little bit of crap that leaves the house is a win. and with your standards you're really winning. which of course means stick your work out stuff on eBay lol. you are getting your home back! speaking of - now that bookcase is empty is it going to work as fantastic storage for something else or is it hitting ebay too?
    keep it up jwil.
    and for what it's worth i would put your real debt total. those refunds were earnt and it will remind you how much progress you've made. make some more complaints while you've got the template.
    seriously cross about your energy bills. how flaming annoying I've gone for iresa. you pay up front but it's so much cheaper than elsewhere. I got it on mse club comparison tool.
    keep up the great work!!! xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,642
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    What a great idea to keep a list of the decluttering progress! I too battle clutter and really like that idea.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    naughty naughty jwil. there you go again. he did a car boot on his Todd and shifted 62 books and loads of stuff on eBay. that is one hell of a dent. I think you have inspired him! you have to see it as every little bit of crap that leaves the house is a win. and with your standards you're really winning. which of course means stick your work out stuff on eBay lol. you are getting your home back! speaking of - now that bookcase is empty is it going to work as fantastic storage for something else or is it hitting ebay too?
    keep it up jwil.
    and for what it's worth i would put your real debt total. those refunds were earnt and it will remind you how much progress you've made. make some more complaints while you've got the template.
    seriously cross about your energy bills. how flaming annoying I've gone for iresa. you pay up front but it's so much cheaper than elsewhere. I got it on mse club comparison tool.
    keep up the great work!!! xxxx

Thanks kitten :)

No, the books are mine :o I'm moaning (as usual :D ) as they haven't made a dent in the van which is where we store the stuff to be car booted. It means there's still not a lot of room to add more stuff. It should go down much quicker though now the season is starting again and we can get some more done. The bookcase went last year - two of them. The space has already been refilled.

I'm really pleased that DH is getting on board and he seems to be more encouraged. It's just reaching that point where the house starts looking better and we don't seem to have got there yet. It will happen though and hopefully not too far in the future!

The debt total there is what it was when I went to SC. After that there were extra charges etc added. I don't really see the point in adding them and then taking them off again. The balance has still been reduced so I'm happy enough.
    What a great idea to keep a list of the decluttering progress! I too battle clutter and really like that idea.

Thanks Honeysuckle, because I moan so much about the state of the house, I can look back and see that I did actually get rid of stuff! :D
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Well I got home yesterday to find that DH had prepped and photo'd a load of stuff I've had lying around ready to get listed, but not had the time to do. Bless him! So that's all finally on now.

He's working this afternoon/evening, so I might declutter some stuff from the YouView box tonight :D
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Well I had a busy evening last night. I pulled out a load of boxes of my ebay stuff and bundled it up into bigger lots. Hopefully that will clear some stuff now that's been on for a while. I've also converted some listings to buy it now to hopefully shift some more.

Received £5 amazon from a survey site.

A few sales yesterday so DH has been despatched to the PO. Still waiting for a couple to pay up.

DH reduced some of his prices of his stuff the other day, and that seems to be working as a couple of longer term items are now selling.

We've agreed a few more things that will be off to car boot.

DH is also working lates tonight and tomorrow so should be able to declutter a bit more from the YouView box. That's if I manage to stay up. Little miss was coughing relentlessly last night, hoping for a better night tonight. Poor thing.

All beds are stripped and being changed today. It's so nice to be able to get stuff out on the line again!
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Hey everyone :)

I did lots of listing yesterday and have a fair bit of interest in some of it, so fingers crossed!

DH's work was cancelled so that was a bit annoying. These agencies do seem to mess you around! :mad:

It's looking good for the weekend so will be off booting and hopefully clearing lots of stuff!

I've got a week off now so really looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is well :)
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ooh, just found your shiny new diary jwil. I will follow again with interest. You're such an inspiration. :j
    I'm planning to start a new diary myself in a few weeks. :)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Pelepeg
    Pelepeg Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hey Jwil.

No, I don't have a diary. I am focussing though and have started a lovely shiny spreadsheet today with money owing and monthly outgoings so I can focus on what I really do spend our money on and what I should be spending it on. I have also refreshed all my survey site memberships and started refreshing those, so thanks again for the push. I think I will cash those in every £50 or so, concentrating on putting bank accounts in the black then paying off credit cards first.

I'm getting quite excited about being in control again, but really do need to remember that I have a life around this too - as in it's now 4:30am and I'm still working on getting info together rather than getting much needed sleep!

Once this is all done, I will be focussing on PPI reclaims for both me and my mum. Going back to work is severely going to hamper my time on this! Am currently off sick with a broken foot. Really should have started this 5 weeks ago rather than wait until the last minute! Lol

!!!!!! about your other half having worked cancelled. We too are at the mercy of agencies as my hubby works freelance so I can fully relate!

Good luck with your week ahead.

Pelepeg.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family