Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Comments

• vicki+1
    vicki+1 Posts: 737 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2011 at 7:53PM
    DOes anyone know how busy the parks are in march, april and june midweek , thanks in advance
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    a good rule of thumb about how busy it will be at DLP is if there are firstly, French school or public holidays when you plan to go. If yes, it will be busy. Next year I believe there are Easter school holidays all through April just about, so I'd be wary of going then.

You can google for French school holidays/public holidays 2012 to get an idea. I think there are a couple of French public holidays in May next year, but I don't know about March. I'd avoid St Patricks Day and the weekend nearest it - we were there this year and I found it my busiest trip so far crowd-wise! Also, next year the 20th anniversary celebrations for DLP begin on 1st April, so if you go in March you won't see the new stuff, and any time after around the first week or so in March, you are likely to find yourself "between seasons" ie anything that was specific to this year, won't be happening, and the new stuff for 2012 won't be started yet.

I'm planning on midweek in June - either half term week first week of June, or midweek immediately following it. There don't appear to be any French or other major European school or public holidays then.
  • vicki+1
    vicki+1 Posts: 737 Forumite
    a good rule of thumb about how busy it will be at DLP is if there are firstly, French school or public holidays when you plan to go. If yes, it will be busy. Next year I believe there are Easter school holidays all through April just about, so I'd be wary of going then.

You can google for French school holidays/public holidays 2012 to get an idea. I think there are a couple of French public holidays in May next year, but I don't know about March. I'd avoid St Patricks Day and the weekend nearest it - we were there this year and I found it my busiest trip so far crowd-wise! Also, next year the 20th anniversary celebrations for DLP begin on 1st April, so if you go in March you won't see the new stuff, and any time after around the first week or so in March, you are likely to find yourself "between seasons" ie anything that was specific to this year, won't be happening, and the new stuff for 2012 won't be started yet.

I'm planning on midweek in June - either half term week first week of June, or midweek immediately following it. There don't appear to be any French or other major European school or public holidays then.

Thanks for that i am thinking either first week in feb, late march or mid june !!! decisions decisions
  • bluebluecow
    bluebluecow Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 25 November 2011 at 7:47AM
    thanks will have a look, we are off 10th feb for 5 nights yeah.even though it looks like schools are off then, we should fingers crossed get exit passes as son has autism, and other disabilities. we are staying in the thomas cook explorer hotel.

Anytips will be welcome
  • kweelo
    kweelo Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Am hoping someone can help (I have read about 10 pages back - so apologies if this has already been covered). We are a family of 4; kids 6 and 2 and am looking at the cheapest way to get to DLP probably half-term next Easter time using our Tesco vouchers. I have about £150 worth of vouchers and know at the moment Tesco are offering a deal where £60 worth will get you £180 worth of vouchers - is this a good deal? My previous experience was that it sometimes isn't cost-effective using your vouchers as they increase the cost and it ends up costing more than if you didn't use your Tesco clubcard vouchers.

Am hoping someone can point us in the right direction, we don't mind where we stay - last time we went with our big kids, we ended up in a Hotel Ibis and Formula Un! what an experience that was!! So on site or off we don't mind, package deal with tickets etc.

Thanks in advance anyone who can help.
  • Hi,

This is my first time on a forum and also first time with the Sun deal.

We are 2 adults and 3 children and wondering the best way to enjoy a cost effective trip.

I am considering the following:

Self drive, 2 nights at Davy Crockett Ranch with continental breakfast, Saturday 10th March to Monday 12th March, with a one day at the Parks on day 2, I have been quoted £329. I was attracted to this becuase of the £9.50 deal.

I noticed that parts of France have school holidays during this time. Is it a good time to go, a weekend and a school holidays will be a double whammy.

I feel fairly comfortable with Davy Crockett as the kids will love the outdoors, but is it truly comfortable?

I can't decide, can somone help please.

Thank you.
  • balletshoes
    farahfive wrote: »
    Hi,

This is my first time on a forum and also first time with the Sun deal.

We are 2 adults and 3 children and wondering the best way to enjoy a cost effective trip.

I am considering the following:

Self drive, 2 nights at Davy Crockett Ranch with continental breakfast, Saturday 10th March to Monday 12th March, with a one day at the Parks on day 2, I have been quoted £329. I was attracted to this becuase of the £9.50 deal.

I noticed that parts of France have school holidays during this time. Is it a good time to go, a weekend and a school holidays will be a double whammy.

I feel fairly comfortable with Davy Crockett as the kids will love the outdoors, but is it truly comfortable?

I can't decide, can somone help please.

Thank you.

how old will your children be on 10th March? Also, do you have to check in on a Saturday, as this always pushes the Disney price up. Can you go Sunday to Tuesday instead? I can see a rough price of £325 for your party (it might be cheaper depending on the ages of your children) for 2 nights and 3 full days park hopper tickets for each of you included.

If the French schools which are on holiday are in the Paris zone, it will be busy. And yes, weekends at DLP generally should be avoided, they are usually much much busier than midweek.
  • Thank you for your reply.

The childrens ages will 7 and two 8 year olds. I was quoted the same price going on Thursday 8th March and returning on Saturday. Does your £325 price include the ferry crossing? With a 3 day hopper passes that sounds pretty good. I think the school holiday was zone B which I think excludes Paris region, if I recall correctly I think it was Northen France.
  • the only thing to look at is if you can do a non disney hotel, with shuttle cheaper then davys. I looked a davys for our hol and found no shuttle 15-20min drive away, we have booked in thomas cook explorer hotel for cheaper and get the shuttle bus and brekkie as well.
  • balletshoes
    farahfive wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply.

The childrens ages will 7 and two 8 year olds. I was quoted the same price going on Thursday 8th March and returning on Saturday. Does your £325 price include the ferry crossing? With a 3 day hopper passes that sounds pretty good. I think the school holiday was zone B which I think excludes Paris region, if I recall correctly I think it was Northen France.

my £325 doesn't include ferry crossing, but you can use Tesco vouchers to get the Eurotunnel crossing for free.

Offsite hotels, as bluebluecow suggested, will work and might be cheaper than the Davy Crockatt Ranch if you want to use the one-day hopper tickets on the Sun deal and have just the one day in the parks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure