Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Always good to know where your pounds are going! 'Spends analysis' applauded!:T:T:T

As a minimum, once a week I look at our spends - mostly planned & almost no unplanned...

Seems staying out of debt is as much work as getting there was! Even with the bit of unexpected help we received!

...find it very interesting just how much everyday simple living costs! Very satisfying to know that good habits enable the enjoyable spends on days out!

Hope your analysis ends up with you feeling the same way!
    Thanks RT! Wow, thats great to keep such close tabs on your spends ... as I say, I really have no knowledge currently, and its doing my head in a bit :D
    beanielou wrote: »
    Yes, it is so true that keeping out of debt is so hard.
    Everyday life is hard work & expensive.
    Yep, having been out of the loop for so long, I'm finding prices have gone up a fair bit! And yet some things aren't bad at all - we're going on this 4 day caravan break, courtesy of The Sun :D a paper I read constantly :D :rotfl: :eek::eek::eek: and we've just bought tickets for the Mary Rose - an annual ticket costs £12.60, bought online for an over 60 person! That doesn't seem bad at all. But my bus ticket to my sister, a journey of 30 mins or so, costs £7.60. Swings and roundabouts.
    I'm not as far down the road as you both are but I'm hoping the invaluable lessons learned through the hard graft of working towards debt freedom will stand me in good stead for the future. I think staying out of debt in the future whilst enjoying a better quality of life than I'm managing at the moment will involve constant vigilance:eek:
    Aww, CBC ... it's such a struggle to get out of debt, it's hard how to redraw the boundaries once you *are* out of debt. That's part of what I'm wondering now, I suppose - acknowledging that my state pension is coming along in 2 and three quarter years, finally, and that that will make a huge difference to my finances. It would be silly to ignore that difference until it happens. Knowledge is power - as you say, invaluable lessons, through hard graft. May your graft not last much longer, CBC, you've earned some down time, and some freedom.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Those extra few pounds irritate me too, I like tidiness. Although if you saw my home sometimes you wouldn't believe that:eek:. I'm on an arrangement to pay creditors at a rate of £1 a month for a few months at the moment (there's a method in my madness I assure you;)) so I'm not going to pay any extra for now. I'll dip just below the magic £10000 mark on May 1st. I'll have a quiet (and cheap;)) little celebration then:dance:
    Wonderful!

The figures on people's sigs are often a bit of a blur for me :o, my own are hard enough, so this is great news!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Those extra few pounds irritate me too, I like tidiness. Although if you saw my home sometimes you wouldn't believe that:eek:. I'm on an arrangement to pay creditors at a rate of £1 a month for a few months at the moment (there's a method in my madness I assure you;)) so I'm not going to pay any extra for now. I'll dip just below the magic £10000 mark on May 1st. I'll have a quiet (and cheap;)) little celebration then:dance:

Not long tilm 1st May:D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Not long tilm 1st May:D
    It really isn't, is it! Coo!

I haven't done that much today - we've been following up on all the admin we did yesterday, checking who's going where, and when.

I *did* manage to do an hour in the garden - but that's still tidying branches and twigs, and cutting back hedges. Actual weeding is non-existent, and as a result the weeds are going a bit crazy :o

Oh ... SB went like gangbusters today, I already got to another £10 Amazon voucher. And I have to go back to my email account and do a YouGov survey, can't leave them out :D
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on a hour in the garden.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Options
    It is, isn't it! Just got to keep at it - bin collection on Friday :D

Though seriously, the herbs I've planted, and am about to plant, will have a lot more light getting at them with all the weeding/pruning/cutting back I've been doing. So I get the healthy vibe two ways :)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yougov:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm 150 points away from my very first payout!

Am pretty sure that averages out to less than a tenner a year - not sure I'll ever get rich doing surveys!!!!!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    Options
    I have not even had one blooming you gov survey this month :mad:

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Your spend analysis sounds a little like mine!

Pleased you have had a good few days and got some bargains for holidays!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Beanie, I'm lucky if I get one!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Had a whole two this month :j:j:j
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure