Who or what company owns the PAC code ID mobile number ?

Comments

• MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Enceladus wrote: »
    You told us that iD were trying to contact you? Did they? what did they say?

Whilst I appreciate that you need a service and this is a frustrating experience I would advise you to ring Tesco Mobile immediately and try to cancel the port. Exhaust all your options with iD first.

You won't have any leverage with iD or Three as you will no longer be their customer.
    ID Phoned me on my landline lunchtime when I was out, then sent me a email to tell it's fixed (it's not)
    D-Day is still Friday,ID in my opinion is waste of time each internal department has no idea what the other is doing, they problaby don't know I'm porting ;)
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Unless 1P Mobile are involved, your number will remain there as far as the wider national phone system is aware.

While Tesco Mobile might accept the port and activate a SIM that gives out your number when you make calls, I assume that incoming calls to your number will likely continue to be delivered to 1P Mobile.

Knowing that your mobile number is allocated to 1P Mobile, the original rangeholder should reject an attempt for the entry to be updated to point to Tesco Mobile as it should be seen as an attempt to hijack a number.
  • MoneyMate
    All working OK on 1st day in and out working great can it last ?
    in and out recording correct number :beer:
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    All working OK on 1st day in and out working great can it last ?
    in and out recording correct number :beer:

Well done, I expected that to work, but didn’t feel like getting into arguments with the doom merchants. (As I said in post #13 ;)).

I thought it would either fail altogether (if they decided it was 1p man’s number) or complete successfully and rectify the previous port that only half completed.

Hopefully that is the end of your problems.
    ====
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Presumably the guy on 1P Mobile has either been completely cut off or has been given a completely new number. Hopefully he is not in the situation you were in - able to make outgoing calls which then identify as "your" number but unable to receive calls. If he is, let's hope he does not try to recover the number and simply gets a new one.

Be prepared to receive a few incoming calls in the near future that are trying to get hold of him (if he had given the number out of course).
  • MoneyMate
    d123 wrote: »
    Well done, I expected that to work, but didn’t feel like getting into arguments with the doom merchants. (As I said in post #13 ;)).

I thought it would either fail altogether (if they decided it was 1p man’s number) or complete successfully and rectify the previous port that only half completed.

Hopefully that is the end of your problems.

Your original idea made sense to me THANK YOU, as you say sometimes it's not a good idea to listen to much gloom and doom.

I'm just left with a war of words with ID who are currently denying all responsibility for their errors, may be a case for " Rip Off Britain" ?
  • Well done for your perseverance. Most others would have given up.

What happened to the £20 CPW credit?

Just to be certain that there are no residual gremlins around I would try to call the number from a 1p or other EE mobile. Since it seems that the problems were down to an error by EE and/or 1p in the first place.
  • MoneyMate
    Well done for your perseverance. Most others would have given up.

What happened to the £20 CPW credit?

Just to be certain that there are no residual gremlins around I would try to call the number from a 1p or other EE mobile. Since it seems that the problems were down to an error by EE and/or 1p in the first place.

CPW Was £15 cheque on its way,£5 for the replacement sim fitted on my visit.
  • CPW had some cheek charging you £5 for a replacement SIM when the original was not working properly.
  • MoneyMate
    CPW had some cheek charging you £5 for a replacement SIM when the original was not working properly.
    Good point, but at least they should be sending me a £15 cheque .

Better than the ID mob still in a war of words battle :beer:

On reflection I believe both sims were working perfectly OK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing