roof repairs in bad weather

I phoned the emergency cover dept of my insurance last night to try to get another temporary repair carried out, weather permitting: eek:. The weather here is so wet and I noticed that the damp patch on my attic wall resulting from an unsatisfactory roof repair is getting bigger. The guy who did the repair told me that the leak would not do any harm and could wait for a few weeks before being repaired. However, I do not trust his opinion as he did the shoddy repair. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You won't get insurance for repair and maintenance anyway, and certainly not correction of repairs which you know to be shoddy.
    Get a different repairer this time.
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You won't get insurance for repair and maintenance anyway, and certainly not correction of repairs which you know to be shoddy.
    Get a different repairer this time.

My guess is that nickyjo is saying that their Home Insurance includes emergency cover (which includes a roof damage emergency).

Following a roof damage emergency, the insurer sent somebody out to do a temporary roof repair. However, water is still getting in through the roof - and nickyjo is wondering if that is a cause for concern.

Is that right nickyjo?
  • yes that is right I was concerned as when the permanent roof repair was finally carried out water is still coming in. the insurance company are now saying that is a different issue and a new claim even though I was given a 2 year guarantee. They are sending a person out to do a temporary repair but are not covering the permanent repair as they are now saying it was caused by wear and tear. I am still waiting for someone to come out and do a temporary repair for this leak. As far as I can see this insurance company do all they can to avoid a claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure