Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Comments

• Billy12345
    Billy12345 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Puzz

I've been reading though your journey and its really inspiring. I am in a DMP too and liking where I am at the minute. :T

I was looking through when you went self managed, I am currently with SC but I held one credit card back as I was going on holiday. Long story short this card wasn't used but was needed to "swipe" for a car hire which was already paid for but a credit card was required.

Anywhoo, holiday been and gone and looking to self manage this one creditor. I have filled in the NEDCAB I&E which details all creditors but was wondering did you tell your creditors about how much you were offering to pay the other creditors or not ?

I am too nervous to self manage all of my creditors yet but this day may come... :(

Obviously adding this additional debt changes the amounts paid but I don't want to rock the boat with SC so thought I'd let that run and do the other creditor self managed.

My worry is that if I send the I&E statement with details of the other debts the creditors will share this information and see that the sums being paid are different.

Any advice :)
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Billy12345 wrote: »
    Hi Puzz

I've been reading though your journey and its really inspiring. I am in a DMP too and liking where I am at the minute. :T

I was looking through when you went self managed, I am currently with SC but I held one credit card back as I was going on holiday. Long story short this card wasn't used but was needed to "swipe" for a car hire which was already paid for but a credit card was required.

Anywhoo, holiday been and gone and looking to self manage this one creditor. I have filled in the NEDCAB I&E which details all creditors but was wondering did you tell your creditors about how much you were offering to pay the other creditors or not ?

I am too nervous to self manage all of my creditors yet but this day may come... :(

Obviously adding this additional debt changes the amounts paid but I don't want to rock the boat with SC so thought I'd let that run and do the other creditor self managed.

My worry is that if I send the I&E statement with details of the other debts the creditors will share this information and see that the sums being paid are different.

Any advice :)

Hi Billy,

When I left SC and went self managed I did the set up through nedcab so would have sent details of who i was paying and how much at the start.. I then dropped all to token payments due to circumstances and since then only 3 have requested an update and I just sent a letter stating how much I would pay them, none of them have quibbled.. I ignore any creditor i & e's and they don't seem to worry.. I updated one by phone and told them I couldn't afford more than my £5 and they weren't bothered.

So your choices are to either make a direct offer of payment to the creditor without including other creditor details and see what they say, or send a 'revised' i & e showing all creditors are getting an equal proportion. Or pass it to SC to deal with.. I know others who have added on a debt later..... and really self managing is the best and easiest way to go when your ready.

Good Luck
    Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Billy12345
    Billy12345 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi Billy,

When I left SC and went self managed I did the set up through nedcab so would have sent details of who i was paying and how much at the start.. I then dropped all to token payments due to circumstances and since then only 3 have requested an update and I just sent a letter stating how much I would pay them, none of them have quibbled.. I ignore any creditor i & e's and they don't seem to worry.. I updated one by phone and told them I couldn't afford more than my £5 and they weren't bothered.

So your choices are to either make a direct offer of payment to the creditor without including other creditor details and see what they say, or send a 'revised' i & e showing all creditors are getting an equal proportion. Or pass it to SC to deal with.. I know others who have added on a debt later..... and really self managing is the best and easiest way to go when your ready.

Good Luck
    Puzz. x

Thanks Puzz, :beer:

I think the 'revised' i&e statement will be the best way to go for me. I was worried about the creditors all speaking to each other and noting that the statement slightly differs taking into account the new creditor but thats all I have to pay anyway they cant get what I dont have.

Billy x
  • Puzzcat
    Been a bit quiet over here in puzzland...

Nothing very exciting to report.... stuck at home waiting for a new fridge to be delivered, our one in the kitchen died on friday evening. although it was here when we moved in 14 years ago and has been on its last legs for the last few years... luckily I have 2 fridges but I am missing having one in the kitchen... OH paid..:D

Short week at work only 3 days for me this week..:D

No news back on my cca yet... or my complaint to the ICO.

Still got some pennies in the bank and payday Thursday...:T

Otherwise just plodding on....

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat wrote: »
    Been a bit quiet over here in puzzland...

Nothing very exciting to reportPuzz. x

'Quiet' can sometimes be a welcome relief:j. Make the most of it:beer:

I envy you your new fridge. Mine is also on its last legs, to be honest I'm surprised it's struggled on for so long:eek:

Good luck with your CCA request and complaint. Sadly, some of my creditors must be super-efficient in the record-keeping department (at odds with their lack of efficiency in all other areas:() as they have supplied the required CCA documentation dating from 1999 in some cases:eek:. I was hoping for lots of unenforceables given the age of the debts. Oh well, one for around £6000 definitely is unenforceable and another for around £2500 still hasn't produced any paperwork after over 2 months so I live in hope with that one;). Another sent wads of paperwork back but I suspect it doesn't include a crucial bit so am researching whats what with that one. The covering letter stated that they had fully complied with my request by sending what they had but I have my doubts. I seem to spend every free minute writing letters and trying to sort all this stuff out:(. Still, it will be time very well spent if it means I save lots of lovely money in the long run:j:j

Have a good week:beer:
  • Puzzcat
    Happy Monday.. if that is a thing...!

So July.. already..... and something to celebrate...

My debt has finally gone under £40k.... so only just but it starts with a 3.... which just sounds so much nicer..

So other than that....

Have decided to do 2 more cca's.. no word yet from cabot/halifax.. that 40 days they promised is getting closer..

The two I am doing next are my oldest.. 2004 and 1997... they also make up 50% of my debt...!! dreaming they can't find the paperwork... but hey ho, you never know.. will keep you posted..

All still dull otherwise..

Although I do seem to have opened a tomato farm in my garden.. there are hundreds of them...!!!!

Right off to do some work, back later when I have something to report..!!!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 July 2017 at 8:50AM
    You sound cheerful today, Puzz, despite it being Monday and back to work:beer:

Massive financial worries here (I don't seem to get stressed about anything that's not money related;)). My car looks as if it's due for [STRIKE]major[/STRIKE]expensive work. OH thinks it's the catalytic converter and I think the cost of replacing that might be more than the worth of my ancient car:eek:

I've been saving every last penny towards negotiating some F&Fs but it looks as if it will all be eaten up by car repairs or trying to buy a very cheap replacement. I'm taking the car into the garage tomorrow so will see what advice they give. It's a good, long-established family business and I know from happy experience that they are not rip-off merchants:j. I'm not a happy bunny though:(
  • Puzzcat
    :mad: cbc, boo to naughty cars.. hope you get yours sorted quickly and cheaply....

xx
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 July 2017 at 9:04AM
    Thanks, Puzz:A

Car plans put on hold until Thursday now. I don't need to use it for anything before then so OH will take it in for me as he needs to go to the bank and other places in our small nearest town on Thursday anyway:). I've promised to treat him to a nice lunch somewhere while he's hanging around waiting for the car work to be finished. Anything that involves free food and he's happy:rotfl:. Plus, he's using free petrol (mine;)) and loves hanging round garages talking to mechanics. Win Win Win for him then:j

My MOT is due on 17th so I'm having the current fault diagnosed and repaired (hopefully) plus a service and MOT all on the one morning. My old car usually sails through MOTs without any probs, or just with recommendations for minor future things, so am not normally too worried about that aspect of it. I suspect the current fault will mean the emissions are not acceptable this time though. Will cost:eek: but they are all jobs that need doing. Good job it's only once a year for the servicing and MOT.
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello Puzz,
    Long time no see :D
    Amazing that you have reached the 3's:T There was a thunderous drum roll outside as I typed that!
    Must be lovely to have DD back home, and she has done so well after the hard start to uni life :)
    My DD has been home for nearly a month now, working a holidays job and is so mature and grown up she puts me to shame.
    Happy Thursday just before Friday :)
    love
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure