Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Comments

• Shimmyhill
    Shimmyhill Posts: 220 Forumite
    RunningMan wrote: »
    I can't answer the first part - what train (Eurostar?) and how did you book?

Regarding money - best to pay for most things on credit card and just have a bit of cash for incidentals in my opinion. See Martin's article: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money. Some people like preloaded cards but seems a bit pointless to me unless you can't get credit cards for some reason.

Booked via Disneyland Paris direct.

I will have a read of that, I assume all the shops and restaurants take cards then? I hadn't thought of doing it that way and will have to check up how much it costs on the cards I have!
  • Shimmyhill
    Shimmyhill Posts: 220 Forumite
    Just had an email telling me how to get the tickets, spooooooky!!
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    RunningMan wrote: »
    Any tips on best places to watch the parades? Seem to remember it used to be good to watch the main parade by Pizzeria Bella Notte - is that still a good place? Thanks.

yes, to me thats still a great place - but, this year the parade includes Maleficent's dragon, which breathes fire during certain spots in the parade. I know she breathes fire as she's going around in front of the castle, not sure if she does up in Fantasyland though.
  • milliemoo7
    milliemoo7 Posts: 360
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 May 2017 at 8:20AM
    Finally managed to get a good price for two nights staying at the Cheyenne with breakfast with characters for 659 euros - this was on the french site but my card has been declined! I have tried ringing 0033160306053 but they are putting me through to uk number which does not work! RRRRR i need to book this asap any advice? any disneyland paris numbers i can ring and get this deal?

All booked eeekk!!! sooo excited any pages i can have a look at tips how to make the most of our stay etc? can food be taken into park?
    2012 wins
    Dr Browns Bottle Gift Set
    Wales vs Scotland Tickets
  • RunningMan_2
    RunningMan_2 Posts: 434 Forumite
    milliemoo7 wrote: »
    Finally managed to get a good price for two nights staying at the Cheyenne with breakfast with characters for 659 euros - this was on the french site but my card has been declined! I have tried ringing 0033160306053 but they are putting me through to uk number which does not work! RRRRR i need to book this asap any advice? any disneyland paris numbers i can ring and get this deal?

Try ringing the UK booking line on 08448 008898 and asking them to match the offer from the French site?

(calls cost 5p per min from BT landline, other networks may vary, you may want to look on https://www.saynoto0870.com to see if there's an alternative number)
  • LucianR
    LucianR Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi there –!going to have a couple of days over half term at the end of the month, two of us, me and child. We'll have had breakfast on day one and will bring lunch in so really only need an evening meal on day one. Is it cheaper to eat in the park or should I try to get a meal at the hotel? I'm not even sure if I can add it to my booking now. I think day two we'll probably have snacks for breakfast and then have a sarnie in the park and then leaving so it's really just that one meal... ta!
  • Hello Ballet shoes and all.

Thanks for all the fab advice, I have searched for some things (eurostar change in Lille etc) but there are a few questions I would like to ask as I don't want to scroll through all the messages.

We haven't been for 4 years and as it's a big birthday celebration so we're splurging on Disneyland hotel itself.

Is it easy to control the room temp? was worrying about being too cold but given the forecast this week I'm worried about overheating now.

Are there tea and coffee making facilities in the room? If I buy milk in the station can I keep it in the room fridge? Will they automatically charge me for the entire contents the moment I so much as look at the fridge contents? Given the extortionate cost of breakfast we will only be doing that once and I need to be able to make a cuppa.

Is there a hairdryer? Could I get hold of an iron if I wanted to (unlikely - I rarely use one at home). Is the wifi good in the rooms? Can we use BBC iplayer in France?

Top of our to-do lists are Crushes coaster, the ratatouille ride and meet snow white. Any tips for achieving these aims with minimum queue time?

Which of the current shows are unmissable in case we don't get to them all? (We loved stars and cars!).

I have a shareholders card thanks to the fabulous advice in this thread. Sooooo glad I renewed it when I made our booking now that they have closed it to new applications and renewals! Does Salon Mickey still supply drinks and snacks? Is it busier now? I seem to remember we had to wait more last time than the first time. Will we need to queue to go in? Do I have to carry my passport to go in?

Thankyou for the fabulous advice you have given us over the last 6 years!
    Elaine. :j
  • RunningMan_2
    RunningMan_2 Posts: 434 Forumite
    Hello Ballet shoes and all.

Can we use BBC iplayer in France?

Not sure about all the rest but I can answer this bit! To be able to watch iPlayer abroad, you need to use a VPN program such as Tunnelbear (to fool it into thinking you are in the UK).
  • balletshoes
    LucianR wrote: »
    Hi there –!going to have a couple of days over half term at the end of the month, two of us, me and child. We'll have had breakfast on day one and will bring lunch in so really only need an evening meal on day one. Is it cheaper to eat in the park or should I try to get a meal at the hotel? I'm not even sure if I can add it to my booking now. I think day two we'll probably have snacks for breakfast and then have a sarnie in the park and then leaving so it's really just that one meal... ta!

where are you staying while doing your 2 days in the parks?
  • balletshoes
    Hello Ballet shoes and all.

Thanks for all the fab advice, I have searched for some things (eurostar change in Lille etc) but there are a few questions I would like to ask as I don't want to scroll through all the messages.

We haven't been for 4 years and as it's a big birthday celebration so we're splurging on Disneyland hotel itself.

Is it easy to control the room temp? was worrying about being too cold but given the forecast this week I'm worried about overheating now.
    no idea for a couple of reasons, have never been to DLP when its been hot, and haven't (yet) stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I assume it will have air con though, with a dial to set the heat/cool air.

Are there tea and coffee making facilities in the room? If I buy milk in the station can I keep it in the room fridge? Will they automatically charge me for the entire contents the moment I so much as look at the fridge contents? Given the extortionate cost of breakfast we will only be doing that once and I need to be able to make a cuppa.
    I'd go to the pound shop (or McDonalds/Morrisons cafe lol) before you go and get some UHT cartons of milk to use, that way you don't need to worry about the fridge situation.

Is there a hairdryer? Could I get hold of an iron if I wanted to (unlikely - I rarely use one at home). Is the wifi good in the rooms? Can we use BBC iplayer in France?
    no idea about the iplayer, but yes to all of the others.

Top of our to-do lists are Crushes coaster, the ratatouille ride and meet snow white. Any tips for achieving these aims with minimum queue time?
    Get to the Studios for 9.30am, and when the gates open at that time, walk very very quickly to the queue for Crush coaster - it often opens to ride long before 10am and you could be on and off it by then.
    Ratatouille - get FP for it, again the FP queue will have built up before 10am but its worth FPing as sometimes the queues are well over an hour in the standard line, even from 10am. If you have older kids in your group, single rider is great for Ratatouille, as the "rats" are in groups of 6, and each "rat" seats 6 riders, so theres a very good chance everyone in your group will be riding at the same time, if not all in the same rat.
    Snow White doesn't have her own meet n greet, but she is on the rotation for the Princess Pavilion, the only problem you've got with this is that obviously you're not guaranteed to meet her there.

Which of the current shows are unmissable in case we don't get to them all? (We loved stars and cars!).

New parade, all new nighttime show, honestly as its anniversary year I'd really try to see all the new stuff.

I have a shareholders card thanks to the fabulous advice in this thread. Sooooo glad I renewed it when I made our booking now that they have closed it to new applications and renewals! Does Salon Mickey still supply drinks and snacks? Is it busier now? I seem to remember we had to wait more last time than the first time. Will we need to queue to go in? Do I have to carry my passport to go in?

salon mickey is still the same rules, same drinks and snacks, doesn't seem any busier than it was in the past, and no, you don't need ID to go in, just your shareholders club card and your park tickets.

Thankyou for the fabulous advice you have given us over the last 6 years!
    Elaine. :j

Enjoy the mini heatwave this week!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family