Our attempt at being MF!!

Comments

• chumpy45
    chumpy45 Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Another one here sorry to hear about overtime loss. Agree that's its lucky you didn't already factor it in. Hopefully a new job will make up for the loss.
    Starting Mortgage 01.08.08 £171,209.24. [STRIKE]01.08.16 £42,418.93[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.02.17 £36,584.00[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.04.17 £34,694.7[/STRIKE]1 [STRIKE][STRIKE]09.06.17 £32,828.89 MFW Target date Sept 2017; :[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]) [STRIKE]06.08.18 £24,769.47[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.18 £23,825.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]22.01.19 £21,990.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE][STRIKE]06.02.19 £21,200[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] [STRIKE]03.03.19 £19,862.93[/STRIKE][STRIKE]01.05.19 £18,509.63[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.08.19 £16,750.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.10.19 £15,400.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.19 £14,700.00[/STRIKE] 01.12.19 £13,956.00 01.02.20 £12,503.61 01.04.20 £10,999.00
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks everyone. Everything happens for a reason so we will see what happens if dh decides to pursue a different job opportunity.

Productive day today apart from me needing a nap at 5:30pm! Dh made £70 profit at the carboot sale and garden items collected this afternoon so that was another £5. I've paid that £75 straight off the cc although i still need to arrange a balance transfer. The builders have completely finished now so if the invoice comes through in the next few days i will pay and surplus extension fund off the cc too so we can reduce balance transfer fees. Workout done this morning and i also mowed the lawn (well what's left of it!) Not sure if one of those things specifically wiped me out today or if it was a combination of it all!

We let the children stay up later tonight so we could all watch a film together, we watched Tarzan and all really enjoyed it! Think the children enjoyed staying up late and as their school has a training day tomorrow and dh has the day off, why not? They both did really well as they usually go to bed at 7pm, here's hoping for a slight lay in tomoro!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Quick update from me this morning.

Current account looking slim already but that's just for extra spends which we just won't do! We really need a frugal month and we don't have any expected expenses so the challenge is on!

N3xt statement came through from when i ordered the wallpaper. I'd returned 2 rolls and only one had been refunded to the account. Quick phonecall to customer services and the other £15 has been refunded.
    Still waiting on bill from the builders so looks like I'll have to arrange a balance transfer later otherwise I'll be cutting it fine!

Plan for this month is mindful petrol use and careful food shopping. A challenge is always good!
  • CathT
    edited 29 April 2017 at 5:15PM
    It's been a few days without an update due to a busy week and I'm really grateful for a 3 day weekend.
    Have done a few financial admin tasks this morning...
    • Paid final builders invoice. We came in at just under 40k which we are really pleased with as our house is now amazing!
    • Paid Next bill and refund has also been sorted
    • Paid some money off t3sco as made some profit from business
    • Paid water bill
    • CC balance transfer done
    I've also done a 50 point survey on y0ugov so now up to 4700, hopefully the election will lead to a steady stream of surveys! I need to rework our budget due to both of us having a reduction in our take home pay. In addition to the changes for dh job my pension contributions have increased! :eek: On a positive note I have found £250 spare cash in our bills account so transferred that to our current account for now. There should also be some spare cash in another account as piano lesson bill this month is low. I've still budgeted based on the old costs so there's always spare which is good especially now our income is reduced! I do wonder if we'll ever have decent payrises again!

Sold our old fridge freezer today so we have a bit more space now that has been collected. I should be doing something productive but I'm sat with a blanket eating granola!
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Same here re Yovg0u, I thought yey - lots of surveys about the election!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Cath. Lovely that your getting yourself straight again in the house and the builders have gone. Can I ask what you 'got' for £40k was it single or double storey? Just interested as we're just planning ours and I'd be keen to know.

Enjoy your 3 day weekend.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    my pension went up too!! on a flat months pay so £500 less than normal. Hope you are enjoying your new living space and it has all been worth it for you :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • CathT
    Hi PF, that was for a 2 storey extension and some internal alterations including pitching the garage roof. Think around 32k was the extension cost. We had an 18x8 ish extension, shower room supplied, fitted and fully tiled, utility room built but not finished from that budget and a bedroom above. The whole build was done up to being ready for decorating. We used a company who did the structural work and subcontracted the rest.

Was a bit of a shock MFD, honestly every April I am worse off! I'm hoping for a cracking pension though!

Blinds fitted in DD bedroom yesterday which look fab and was only £145 for 2 windows. We've gone for a wood effect Venetian blind in cream and they look fab :)

61p Tilly tidy today and bank account looking okay due to the various money transfers this week. I'll see what we had spare and send it somewhere useful!

New healthy eating and exercise regime going well. Have done shred 5 out of the last 7 days and eating well. Water intake is good but stress levels are a bit high at the moment due to work pressures so not managing to switch off at the end of the day.

Loving this sunshine and am only working 3 days this week so definitely seeing the positives :j
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    CathT wrote: »
    I've also done a 50 point survey on y0ugov so now up to 4700, hopefully the election will lead to a steady stream of surveys!

Have you checked your profile settings to see what frequency you are set to receive surveys at? I only recently discovered it could be changed and so updated it to 'as often as possible' and now I get surveys more often
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    CathT wrote: »
    Hi PF, that was for a 2 storey extension and some internal alterations including pitching the garage roof. Think around 32k was the extension cost. We had an 18x8 ish extension, shower room supplied, fitted and fully tiled, utility room built but not finished from that budget and a bedroom above. The whole build was done up to being ready for decorating. We used a company who did the structural work and subcontracted the rest.

Was a bit of a shock MFD, honestly every April I am worse off! I'm hoping for a cracking pension though!

Blinds fitted in DD bedroom yesterday which look fab and was only £145 for 2 windows. We've gone for a wood effect Venetian blind in cream and they look fab :)

61p Tilly tidy today and bank account looking okay due to the various money transfers this week. I'll see what we had spare and send it somewhere useful!

New healthy eating and exercise regime going well. Have done shred 5 out of the last 7 days and eating well. Water intake is good but stress levels are a bit high at the moment due to work pressures so not managing to switch off at the end of the day.

Loving this sunshine and am only working 3 days this week so definitely seeing the positives :j

Thanks for that cath very interesting. I'm assuming you are talking feet rather than metres? I need to get some more quotes as ours was nearly 3x that for about half the size again. Really useful. Thank you. I appreciate where in the country people are but it's not like I'm in central London :o

Enjoy your 3 day week :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure