Options

Comments

• SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 February 2018 at 6:27PM
    Options
    gardner1 wrote: »
    I was with sky on ADSL and got 9-12 Mbps........the green BT fibre cabinet is 500 m form our house

Our cabinet is 80 yards from the house so quite close, its just that doubt about reviews and customer service and making the wrong move.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2018 at 8:44PM
    Options
    SeeMe wrote: »
    Our cabinet is 80 yards from the house so quite close, its just that doubt about reviews and customer service and making the wrong move.

Give them a go......it will give you a guaranteed min speed (probably 36 ish mbps on fibre 38 package) as your close to cabinet plus youve got 30 days cooling off

As regards reviews i thought that but remember more people will slag them off for poor service than people who will go and give good reviews
  • filmcritic
    Options
    I had it, and it was a nightmare. Takes hours to get through to customer services some nights. Biggest problem is disconnections which are caused by the cheap routers they supply. Left before my 30 day period was up.
  • the_real_seal
    Options
    I switched from sky to Vodafone last year as it was a good saving and they offered a higher speed (up to 40mbps pack).

Generally its been ok and the customer service hasn't been too bad, the technical team could be more helpful at times.

The only issues I have had is the router works on different networks, 'auto select'' or you can choose them, i still haven't found the best one and it struggles when up to 5 devices are connected.

In the last two weeks my connection has also slowed down, especially on peak times e.g. weekend evenings 8-10pm. Spoke to vodafone and they said 'all fine' there end apparently - they also don't take responsibility for wifi it has to be readings direct via ethernet, so I'm now plugged in and taking daily speed tests - it dropped to 3mbps yesterday evening so in process of emailing the evidence through to the technical team. Will wait and see what they come back with, not convinced I will stay with them longer term now unless this gets sorted but its £99 to leave the contract at the moment. Its disappointing that they can't offer more consistency as the speed ranges from 1.8 to 39.7!
  • gardner1
    Options
    I switched from sky to Vodafone last year as it was a good saving and they offered a higher speed (up to 40mbps pack).

Generally its been ok and the customer service hasn't been too bad, the technical team could be more helpful at times.

The only issues I have had is the router works on different networks, 'auto select'' or you can choose them, i still haven't found the best one and it struggles when up to 5 devices are connected.

In the last two weeks my connection has also slowed down, especially on peak times e.g. weekend evenings 8-10pm. Spoke to vodafone and they said 'all fine' there end apparently - they also don't take responsibility for wifi it has to be readings direct via ethernet, so I'm now plugged in and taking daily speed tests - it dropped to 3mbps yesterday evening so in process of emailing the evidence through to the technical team. Will wait and see what they come back with, not convinced I will stay with them longer term now unless this gets sorted but its £99 to leave the contract at the moment. Its disappointing that they can't offer more consistency as the speed ranges from 1.8 to 39.7!

This worked on mine.....i have ch5 downstairs which is where router is and ch 2.4 upstairs,no dropouts at all/nice steady speed

The drop out issue can be fixed by logging into router and splitting the wifi into 2.5 and 5ghz and naming the wifi seperate names, since this no drop outs this is normal behaviour on routers that combine 2.5 and 5ghz into one connection name also change 2.5ghz channel to 11 and 5ghz to 44

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Broadband-dropping-out/td-p/2571131
  • the_real_seal
    Options
    Thank you, just tried that and have split the router as suggested. Is there a way to find out which devices need the 2.4 or the 5ghz?
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I see its £22.50 for new customers, £20.00 for existing customers, still sounds a good deal but still not sure if i will take the leap.
  • BuffalloBill
    BuffalloBill Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 24 February 2018 at 6:40PM
    Options
    I moved from Sky ADSL to Vodafone Fibre as free line rental deal with sky was coming to an end and their price for fibre was much more .... As the underlying infrastructure is all BT Openreach provided ( apart from cable ) then its just downto billing and customer service in my view. I booked phone and broadband from Vodafone. Initially the mistakenly cancelled my order which they then realised and phoned me and asked me if I still wanted it - so that was a 2 week delay . On the transfer day phone went through but broadband didnt. I experienced a 48 hour outage - apparently there was a problem on the line. Talking to uk based customer service was a bit slow to contact but I got an update when I got through. Since connected (( 3 days ago ) service has been excellent and reliable. I dont know where the fault lay etc. But as fibre hadnt been previously used it could have been anywhere . Would I recommend Vodafone -( yes its a good deal as you dont pay for landline and if you use it you can pay £8 a month for call package - same as sky and better than by as by dont include mobiles
  • gardner1
    Options
    SeeMe wrote: »
    I see its £22.50 for new customers, £20.00 for existing customers, still sounds a good deal but still not sure if i will take the leap.

Go via Quidco then broadbandchoices and it's £20 new customers plus £30 cashback which isn't guaranteed but you might get it
  • gardner1
    Options
    Thank you, just tried that and have split the router as suggested. Is there a way to find out which devices need the 2.4 or the 5ghz?

If router is downstairs use CH 5 and upstairs use CH2.4
    CH5 is faster but no good for distance CH 2.4 is good on distance but average for speed but still fast enough for upstairs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure