Now Broadband

Options
Anyone have Now Broadband as their provider? Did you have any problems setting up or since.

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was with them for 12 months.

I thought they were very good
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I moved to them beginning of November, no problems at all in setting up, a slight delay / drop outs on the first day but OK since then
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • phoenix1837
    Options
    I'm with them, have been for quite sometime now as I'm on a rolling monthly contract which is the best if renting (like I am), moved house and took it with me and had a slight delay in being reconnected but all in all they've been good. I have the Fab Fibre and have my tv through that, two mobile phones, laptop, tablet, X box and my son is an avid online gamer. Never had any drop outs.
  • PMW
    PMW Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just looked up the reviews on them, as I also am thinking of switching. They are not good, but it could be that it's mostly the people with complaints who post on these sites, whereas satisfied customers might not bother to post. If you check out the Broadband.co.uk site (not allowed to post the link here).
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Switched about 12 months ago for landline free calls and fibre to cabinet. Pay app £25 per month and get speeds app 32mbps. They guarantee 36 Mbps so I could cancel if I wanted but why bother when I get more or less what I wanted.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    Switched about 12 months ago for landline free calls and fibre to cabinet. Pay app £25 per month and get speeds app 32mbps. They guarantee 36 Mbps so I could cancel if I wanted but why bother when I get more or less what I wanted.

I switched to them last year and I am now in my last month of a min 12 month contract.

There are lots of January deals about so I have been looking out for them and seeing what the prices are like.

I am on Super fibre and anytime calls for £30 pm.

Yesterday I got an email saying " I will pay the new lower price when my offer ends" but when you drill down I will be paying £35 for just fibre and then £9 for anytime calls.

The "new" price without discount is £43.99 pm.
    The way the email states the prices will be displayed are,

NOW TV Super Fibre
    £26
    Line Rental
    £17.99
    Total
    £43.99
    And here’s how your broadband package will now look on your monthly bill when your offer ends:
    NOW TV Super Fibre
    £35
    Line Rental
    £0
    Total
    £35

Very creative with the prices I think.

Sky have an offer for £25 pm including all calls I think but you have to have not been with them for 12 or more months but I left them 11 months ago.
  • Bugs_B
    Options
    I was with them for twelve months, no issues. I have just switched the Post Office as they were slightly cheaper
    Richard
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    I switched to them last year and I am now in my last month of a min 12 month contract.

There are lots of January deals about so I have been looking out for them and seeing what the prices are like.

I am on Super fibre and anytime calls for £30 pm.

Yesterday I got an email saying " I will pay the new lower price when my offer ends" but when you drill down I will be paying £35 for just fibre and then £9 for anytime calls.

The "new" price without discount is £43.99 pm.
    The way the email states the prices will be displayed are,

NOW TV Super Fibre
    £26
    Line Rental
    £17.99
    Total
    £43.99
    And here’s how your broadband package will now look on your monthly bill when your offer ends:
    NOW TV Super Fibre
    £35
    Line Rental
    £0
    Total
    £35

Very creative with the prices I think.

Sky have an offer for £25 pm including all calls I think but you have to have not been with them for 12 or more months but I left them 11 months ago.

I'm on Fab Fibre + Calls and got a similar email yesterday. When I read the initial couple of lines I was hoping they were going to offer the same deal for another 12/18 months so saving a call to them, ahh well.

I can't see what you think is 'creative' about it? They've decided to use a total price rather than split it into BB & line rental and it's not like the total you pay is hidden.

Mine is :-
    Here’s how your broadband package would’ve looked on your monthly bill at the end of your offer before this change:

NOW TV Fab Fibre £18
    Line Rental £17.99
    Total £35.99

NOW TV Fab Fibre £32
    Line Rental £0
    Total £32

I'm currently paying £25 which includes the calls package but strangely the email doesn't mention their costs and clicking through doesn't seem to have anything either? Where was the £9 mentioned?
  • Boohoo
    Options
    I'm on Fab Fibre + Calls and got a similar email yesterday. When I read the initial couple of lines I was hoping they were going to offer the same deal for another 12/18 months so saving a call to them, ahh well.

I can't see what you think is 'creative' about it? They've decided to use a total price rather than split it into BB & line rental and it's not like the total you pay is hidden.

Mine is :-

I'm currently paying £25 which includes the calls package but strangely the email doesn't mention their costs and clicking through doesn't seem to have anything either? Where was the £9 mentioned?

Creative as start of the breakdown it says super fibre £26 + £17.99 line rental equals £43.99 but the new price is super fibre £35.00 and £00.00 line rental all for £35.00 pm so having free line rental makes your fibre broadband cost more than if you pay line rental. So fibre for £26 plus rental as opposed to fibre at £35 and no rental. It maybe the way NOW Broadband have setup the email as 1 month ago I got and email from them saying my fibre deal with them was expiring on the 31/12/2019 and I will now pay full price.

I see you are on Fab fibre and I am on Super.

I have my deal till late Feb so they must have made a big mistake as when I contacted them they said these emails were sent out to loads of the wrong clients.

For the £9 for anytime calls that is /will be extra after the deal in Feb finishes so if I/you carry on with NOW then the £9 will extra on top of the £35 for Super fibre.

I think it's £9 but then I maybe thinking of Sky but I am sure NOW is not that far from the price.
  • Boohoo
    Options
    I have checked NOW broadband and it says extra £8 for anytime package and there is a link below about the new fibre packages as the new prices for new customers changes(reduced) but existing customers will stay paying what they pay now until the end of their contract.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-and-calls-package-changes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport