PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Its the cars fault

Options
last sunday our cars computer went ballistic, its under warantee but apparently they are made by outer mongolian shepherds who knit them out of yaks knee cap wool or something so were still waiting for it to be sorted ;D

anyway, because we have no car and lent my car to my son who is away with it somewhere in the misty depths of the Lakedistrict we have been housebound for a week almost.

anyway, havnt been to the shops at all, I started the week with £85 in my purse, weve lived very well on the freezer and store cupboard and Ive now got £83 in my purse cos the old fart nipped to the local shop and bought a couple of newspapers.

so thats the answer, live where there are no buses and dont have a car, youll be rich in no time lol

Comments

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    How true!

I already do the no-car thing but with regard to no buses, I am a bit overwhelmed by them, being in London!

The other trick, which I frequently use in times of real tightwadding need, is:

Go out without any money in your pockets!

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure